Thunder.

Other music, TV, films and general interest
JLP
Site Admin

Thunder.

Post by JLP »

I went to their Christmas show in Manchester. As usual was a stonking good show. The highlight of the night was when Danny said the next song was a Queen song. When I heard the intro I thought they cannot do this one, it really is too complex but they nailed it.

Have a listen.

thunder somebody to love

runner70

Re: Thunder.

Post by runner70 »

Cool version

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Somebody To Love is a surprise...and what a good one. That is great.

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

So, I think this is all the Queen songs they've covered over the years...

Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Hammer To Fall
You're My Best Friend
Don't Stop Me Now
Somebody To Love

Any more?

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Generic username wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:10 pm So, I think this is all the Queen songs they've covered over the years...

Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Hammer To Fall
You're My Best Friend
Don't Stop Me Now
Somebody To Love

Any more?
Only thing I know of is they did a medley at Christmas 1991 in tribute to Freddie in which they did some part of Bohemian Rhapsody. Not heard it though.

Cool Cat

Post by Cool Cat »

Pretty good, heard a lot worse.

MyFaerieQueene

Post by MyFaerieQueene »

I heard Thunder for the first time by accident on YouTube a few weeks ago and liked them but I really need to discover more to make a fair judgment. But judging by this song they seem fabulous! I love this. To me it feels nearly as good as Queen's best live versions which is difficult for me to say as I usually get a rash if anyone but Freddie sings his songs. I think it works because they aren't trying to be like Queen.

Thunder look like a good live act. It just goes to show that you can perform Queen songs wthout trying to emulate the band. Watching this video has made me realise I haven't actually heard many Queen covers at all. Or maybe I just try to avoid them!

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

I can't explain why, but I have a soft spot for their version of CLTCL. It sounds like the band had a blast with it, and the audience loved it from what I could tell.
I'm still amazed the picked STL...a real gutsy move. They did very well with it.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Back Street Symphony, the album that started it all. Released on March 5th 1990.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Picard wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:27 pm Back Street Symphony, the album that started it all. Released on March 5th 1990.
Wow. That is pretty impressive and you have followed them from very early on.