The guilty pleasure thread...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Black Wings

The guilty pleasure thread...

Post by Black Wings »

What are your guilty pleasures?
Here is a few of mine, and it makes me happy.
Music artists...
Michael Bolton
Spice Girls
Dolly Parton

Random things...
Wax melts and candles
Bookmarks
Shower gels
Beanie babies and beanie boos
Teddy bears

Frank

Re: The guilty pleasure thread...

Post by Frank »

Tattoos
Drinking
Nude Beaches
Spongebob Squarepants
Eating cheese
QueenOnline forum

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

This isn't aimed at you, but why do people call them guilty pleasures? If you like something, you like it - you shouldn't be made to feel guilty about it because someone else finds it uncool.

My guilty pleasure is arson.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

I really should put a winking emoji in here somewhere in case someone thinks I'm being serious.

;)

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

WeeMann wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:02 pm This isn't aimed at you, but why do people call them guilty pleasures? If you like something, you like it - you shouldn't be made to feel guilty about it because someone else finds it uncool.

You are right of course. I've been heavily collecting teddy bears and beanie babies and beanie boos for almost 15 years and I literally have 100s ...even my father got involved with it, and added to my collections, it's a happy memories I have with it.
I guess my age to be collecting it,is why I put it as a guilty pleasure.
At least my wax melts and candles don't come from bath and body works...that is expensive :shock:

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Black Wings wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:46 pm
WeeMann wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:02 pm This isn't aimed at you, but why do people call them guilty pleasures? If you like something, you like it - you shouldn't be made to feel guilty about it because someone else finds it uncool.

You are right of course. I've been heavily collecting teddy bears and beanie babies and beanie boos for almost 15 years and I literally have 100s ...even my father got involved with it, and added to my collections, it's a happy memories I have with it.
At least my wax melts and candles don't come from bath and body works...that is expensive :shock:
Have to get them when they’re ten dollars off. I purchase way too many candles.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

the milkman wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:01 pm

I've never bought a bath and body works candle, as they are so expensive usually. I follow people on YouTube who buy them and review them and they really enjoy them, I'm sure I would too, but not at that usual price. I think for a three wick it's 25 bucks.
I love scentsationals wax melts and burners. Scentsy is almost 10 each these days.
What's your favorite scents, I want to know :geek:

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Black Wings wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:11 pm

I've never bought a bath and body works candle, as they are so expensive usually. I follow people on YouTube who buy them and review them and they really enjoy them, I'm sure I would too, but not at that usual price. I think for a three wick it's 25 bucks.
I love scentsationals wax melts and burners. Scentsy is almost 10 each these days.
I really don’t have a favorite. I have eight Bath & Body Works candles and I’m burning Limoncello now. It has a nice scent but it’s not that strong. I love the Mahogany Teakwood high intensity one but it’s not that strong as well. They burn great but the throw is weak. I would say they’re better than Yankee Candle but not by much. I have some Yankee Candles coming Friday.

My favorites are M. Baker. They’re two wick and the throw is wonderful. It will fill up a whole room. The Pumpkin Shortbread is super strong and I love burning that one in the fall.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

the milkman wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:20 am
Black Wings wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:11 pm

I really don’t have a favorite. I have eight Bath & Body Works candles and I’m burning Limoncello now. It has a nice scent but it’s not that strong. I love the Mahogany Teakwood high intensity one but it’s not that strong as well. They burn great but the throw is weak. I would say they’re better than Yankee Candle but not by much. I have some Yankee Candles coming Friday.

My favorites are M. Baker. They’re two wick and the throw is wonderful. It will fill up a whole room. The Pumpkin Shortbread is super strong and I love burning that one in the fall.
Darn it, now I want to buy some, and the closest b&bwith is an hour away, and I've never even shopped there.
The Yankee Candles are apparently not as good as they used to be according to fans. I never bought a jar candle, but I did use tarts and I have a votive candle that smells just like home to me, but I will never burn it.
Do you use wax melts? Sorry to be nosy, but I'm happy to have another scented wax fan. I thought it was just me here.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

I use the Yankee Candle plastic scent cups.