The guilty pleasure thread...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
MyHumanZoo

Re: The guilty pleasure thread...

Post by MyHumanZoo »

Dare I admit that I own the greatest hits of Barry Manilow? I listen now and then and love them all...I still have to dance around during Copa Cabana!🤣

FunnyHowLoveIs

Post by FunnyHowLoveIs »

MyHumanZoo wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:41 pm Dare I admit that I own the greatest hits of Barry Manilow? I listen now and then and love them all...I still have to dance around during Copa Cabana!🤣

There is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of listening to the great American crooner Barry Manilow. He's my favorite balladeer of the seventies. "Weekend In New England", "Trying To Get The Feeling", "Could It Be Magic / Mandy", "Lay Me Down", "All The Time", "Ready To Take A Chance Again", "Why Don't We Live Together", "Even Now", "If I Should Love Again".

if you can nail any Barry song, you'll go far somehow.

MyHumanZoo

Post by MyHumanZoo »

Little known fact...The only fan letter I ever wrote was to Barry back when I was 12 or 13....never heard back. And thus ended my fan letter efforts for good!

Innuendoes
Location: Ah, another day has gone, another friend has gone into the flame.

Post by Innuendoes »

Blu Ray player should arrive today. TWO L'Arc~en~ciel DVD's enroute to me, 1 from Japan. I can hardly wait! 😍

Kes

Post by Kes »

Can't believe this....

I think I might actually be starting to like McFly, about fifteen years after the rest of Britain.

A few years back, the family and me went to Cyprus for a holiday, and managed to bag the passenger seats at the front right hand side of the aircraft. During the flight, there was a constant stream of people approaching the couple sat on the left opposite us. Turned out it was the singer/guitarist Danny, from this lot, going on his holiday with his fiance/future wife Georgia (a former Miss World contestent).

Don't know if they did that well in America, but over here they had about 20 big hits, 2 of them were covers of Queen songs. Don't Stop Me Now, and CLTCL.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Kes wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:40 am Can't believe this....

I think I might actually be starting to like McFly, about fifteen years after the rest of Britain.

A few years back, the family and me went to Cyprus for a holiday, and managed to bag the passenger seats at the front right hand side of the aircraft. During the flight, there was a constant stream of people approaching the couple sat on the left opposite us. Turned out it was the singer/guitarist Danny, from this lot, going on his holiday with his fiance/future wife Georgia (a former Miss World contestent).

Don't know if they did that well in America, but over here they had about 20 big hits, 2 of them were covers of Queen songs. Don't Stop Me Now, and CLTCL.
Nothing over here. One album peaked at #25 on the Heatseeker chart.

Kes

Post by Kes »

At the time they became big, I guess it was easy to lump them in a "boy band" folder, along with everybody else who was popular with the kids, but this lot actually write their own stuff, play and produce it.

....and some of it, is quite good.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Kes wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:01 pm At the time they became big, I guess it was easy to lump them in a "boy band" folder, along with everybody else who was popular with the kids, but this lot actually write their own stuff, play and produce it.

....and some of it, is quite good.
They proved themselves to be more than a boy band.
I still like bbmak. No shame here.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Banana peppers videos on YouTube. I'm still without cable and Netflix :?

ShanesQueenSite

Post by ShanesQueenSite »

WeeMann wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:02 pm This isn't aimed at you, but why do people call them guilty pleasures? If you like something, you like it - you shouldn't be made to feel guilty about it because someone else finds it uncool.

My guilty pleasure is arson.
Totally agree with what you say "If you like something, you like it - you shouldn't be made to feel guilty about it" !