Your Latest Queen Buys...

Serious discussion about the band known as QUEEN.

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby Driven By Me » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:52 am

The other day bought a 'Save Me' EP original EMI version. It has the B-side 'Let Me Entertain You' from Live Killers.
 
Driven By Me
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:03 pm
Location: Allen Park, Mich USA
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby Kes » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:46 pm

That'll be a "normal" 7" single then. :-)

EPs are "Extended Play" singles, and usually have three or four tracks on them, for example, The 7" titled 'Queen's First EP' had 'Good Old Fashioned Loverboy', 'Death On Two Legs', 'Tenement Funster' and 'White Queen' on it.

Consequetively, the next Queen 7" released in a major territory, that I can readily think of that had four tracks on it, was 'No-One But You'.

There were a couple of three track 7" releases in the interspace, like 'Thank God It's Christmas', 'Too Much Love Will Kill You' and 'Let Me Live'.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.
 
Kes
Moderator
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 14400
Images: 747
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:41 am
Location: London, England
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 318 times

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby AlexKx » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:01 am

Is it safe to buy a vinyl discs (or c.d.s for that matter but in particular vinyls) from our lovely friends in the "Russian Federation"?
 
AlexKx
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1757
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:43 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby cmsdrums » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:17 pm

Latest buys for me Are Queen, Queen II and The Miracle original uk vinyl releases; got all three for £15 in total and those were the gaps in my original vinyl releases.
 
cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:24 am
Location: Kent ,UK
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby AlexKx » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:00 pm

 
AlexKx
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1757
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:43 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby Jimi » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:13 pm

cmsdrums wrote:Latest buys for me Are Queen, Queen II and The Miracle original uk vinyl releases; got all three for £15 in total and those were the gaps in my original vinyl releases.


That's a decent price. I'm assuming they are in v good/ exc condition.
The Miracle is not that common on vinyl
 
Jimi
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:37 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby cmsdrums » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:43 pm

Jimi wrote:
cmsdrums wrote:Latest buys for me Are Queen, Queen II and The Miracle original uk vinyl releases; got all three for £15 in total and those were the gaps in my original vinyl releases.


That's a decent price. I'm assuming they are in v good/ exc condition.
The Miracle is not that common on vinyl



The sleeves and vinyl look in 'good'/vgc condition visually - though haven't played them yet. I've bought them to complete my set and to listen to rather than as investments so I'm more than happy; got them on a record forum on Facebook from someone shifting a load of their dad's records. I nearly picked up The Miracle on a local second hand record store a few weeks back and that was up for £15 on its own so I'm glad I resisted!!
 
cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:24 am
Location: Kent ,UK
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby cmsdrums » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:54 am

Got given a £30 Amazon voucher by my work, so my latest purchase in now the NOTW box set, but this has now effectively cost me £66 - i.e. About what it SHOULD be priced at!
 
cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:24 am
Location: Kent ,UK
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby Jimi » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:30 pm

cmsdrums wrote:
Jimi wrote:
cmsdrums wrote:Latest buys for me Are Queen, Queen II and The Miracle original uk vinyl releases; got all three for £15 in total and those were the gaps in my original vinyl releases.


That's a decent price. I'm assuming they are in v good/ exc condition.
The Miracle is not that common on vinyl



The sleeves and vinyl look in 'good'/vgc condition visually - though haven't played them yet. I've bought them to complete my set and to listen to rather than as investments so I'm more than happy; got them on a record forum on Facebook from someone shifting a load of their dad's records. I nearly picked up The Miracle on a local second hand record store a few weeks back and that was up for £15 on its own so I'm glad I resisted!!

nice one.
There is still bargains to be had on ebay from folks that just cant be bothered with vinyl despite the resurgence. The real killer is the postage on vinyl hiking the price.
I've got about 700 vinyl albums many that would be very hard to replace, in vg to mint condition yet may not generate a huge amount of money if I sold them. (there are notable exceptions of course) Its never been an issue or me as ive been what is fondly called an audiophile for 40 years so vinyl never went away!!
Without being too anal about it I did enjoy road testing my original blairs cut Queen albums against the Crown Jewels cd box and the Studio collection box last year. I need to get out more !
 
Jimi
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:37 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby Kes » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:53 pm

AlexKx wrote:Is it safe to buy a vinyl discs (or c.d.s for that matter but in particular vinyls) from our lovely friends in the "Russian Federation"?


Sometimes it's the only way to get "unofficial" pressings that you might be after.

Yeah, it can be riskier than buying from other places, but like everyone else, the Russians do have their good guys.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.
 
Kes
Moderator
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 14400
Images: 747
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:41 am
Location: London, England
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 318 times

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby slightlymad1970 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:48 am

Thinking of bidding on this Chinese Queen CD, can anybody tell me when the photograph of the band was taken, don't think i've seen that particular photoshoot before! :lol: ;)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QUEEN-The-Best-Car-Music-3CD-BOX/292251998042?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
 
slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 561
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:53 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby BitterTears » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:55 am

Surely a cover band's CD and not actual Queen music on there. Only one way to find out....
 
BitterTears
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:38 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby AlexKx » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:59 pm

That was from "The Innuendo Live! World Tour 1991"! Great find! Most people do not know about it! :D
 
AlexKx
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1757
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:43 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Previous

Return to Killer Queen

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hernán and 1 guest