Your Latest Queen Buys...

Serious discussion about the band known as QUEEN.

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby varditor » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:53 am

Valie wrote:
Spude wrote:Pre ordered Freddie Mercury Messenger Of The Gods https://diets-usa.com/crazy-bulk-reviews/ called crazybulk vinyl box set and 2 CD album. also ordered a Messenger Of The Gods t-shirt.


The greatest hits on iTunes. :-)


The best music
 
varditor
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:28 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby TroyHeineman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:31 am

ThankyouQueen wrote:I have bought a lot of Queen stuff recently:

News Of The World 40th anniversary deluxe box set.
The Miracle (the latest vinyl pressing)
Innuendo (the latest vinyl pressing)
Made In Heaven (the latest vinyl pressing)
Flash Gordon (original first pressing vinyl record)
A Night At The Opera (original first pressing vinyl record)
A Day At The Races (1st japanese pressing vinyl record)
The Works (1st japanese pressing vinyl record)

And I have also pre-ordered the new We Will Rock You / We Are The Champions single that will be released on Friday!

What can I say? I love Queen, best band ever!! :biggrin:


Hey, we're both on the same page here. I'm also a big fan of Queen and have bought A Day At The Races, A Night At The Opera and Innuendo. Totally heart touching and soul-stirring music.
 
TroyHeineman
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:00 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby Peavy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:16 pm

Bought the "Queen in 3D" book recently and read it...quite nice, great amount of pictures and entertaining, though I'm not sure if the 3D really worked with my eyes...the pictures looked bigger, but almost never really 3D... oO I also was a little disappointed how quite fast it went through the 80s years and that it ignored completely almost 15 years...maybe for understanding reasons, but at least some nice and good photos still could have been there imo. But overall I'm happy with it.
 
Peavy
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 1:37 pm
Location: Munich, GE
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby JeraldBradford » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:52 pm

Peavy wrote:Bought the "Queen in 3D" book recently and read it...quite nice, great amount of pictures and entertaining, though I'm not sure if the 3D really worked with my eyes...the pictures looked bigger, but almost never really 3D... oO I also was a little disappointed how quite fast it went through the 80s years and that it ignored completely almost 15 years...maybe for understanding reasons, but at least some nice and good photos still could have been there imo. But overall I'm happy with it.


I too tried my best to experience 3d in the book but sadly I was disappointed with it. Now I know that I'm not alone on that matter. Apart from that, I loved the book; it's quite interesting.
 
JeraldBradford
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:53 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby kurgan » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:54 pm

 
kurgan
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:48 pm
Location: London UK
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby pholidota » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:32 pm

JeraldBradford wrote:
Peavy wrote:Bought the "Queen in 3D" book recently and read it...quite nice, great amount of pictures and entertaining, though I'm not sure if the 3D really worked with my eyes...the pictures looked bigger, but almost never really 3D... oO I also was a little disappointed how quite fast it went through the 80s years and that it ignored completely almost 15 years...maybe for understanding reasons, but at least some nice and good photos still could have been there imo. But overall I'm happy with it.


I too tried my best to experience 3d in the book but sadly I was disappointed with it. Now I know that I'm not alone on that matter. Apart from that, I loved the book; it's quite interesting.


3D quite worked for me! Which is unusual, since I'm not able to see 3D movies as 3D, probably due to astigmatism.
 
pholidota
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:50 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby Guru » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:39 pm

kurgan wrote:https://www.theworks.co.uk/p/music-books/queen---album-by-album/9780760362839


I had a flick through that - some pics I hadn't seen, and a really odd set of commentators - Jim Jenkins and Paul McCartney
Image
 
Guru
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 

Erehwon

      
 
Posts: 1128
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:58 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby Kes » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:57 pm

A couple of recent USA exclusive releases.

Greatest Hits - FYE Double Red Vinyl.
A Night At The Opera - VMP "Galaxy" Coloured vinyl.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.
 
Kes
Moderator
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 14920
Images: 747
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:41 am
Location: London, England
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 372 times

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby kurgan » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:46 pm

Thought I may as well but this as the price was so low.
https://www.theworks.co.uk/p/gift-sets/ ... e/kit23688
 
kurgan
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:48 pm
Location: London UK
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby bigV » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:20 am

8631077944671074568.jpg


Not sure if it qualifies as a "Queen buy", but I was looking for a winter hat and I randomly came across this one. Bought it on the spot.

V.
 
bigV
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Is this the life we really want?

      
 
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:30 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby PJayBe » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:04 pm

Queen Rocks. Great album, thoiugh confusing why they finish it with such a non-rock new track....
 
PJayBe
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:44 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby Kes » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:09 am

Because basically, they had two albums on the cards, a Rocks one, and a Ballads one.

Brian had No-one But You kicking about, and they recorded it. By the time it came to finally put the albums together, they decided to just go with the Rocks one, and stuck the new track on the end of it.

I think something like Princes Of The Universe was meant to be on the original tracklisting of Rocks, and that got sacrificed to fit NOBY on there. There was a piano version of Is This The World We Created, that was found for the Ballads album, and that hasn't seen the light of day either. I know it exists, as I've heard it.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.
 
Kes
Moderator
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 14920
Images: 747
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:41 am
Location: London, England
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 372 times

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby cmsdrums » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:45 am

JeraldBradford wrote:
Peavy wrote:Bought the "Queen in 3D" book recently and read it...quite nice, great amount of pictures and entertaining, though I'm not sure if the 3D really worked with my eyes...the pictures looked bigger, but almost never really 3D... oO I also was a little disappointed how quite fast it went through the 80s years and that it ignored completely almost 15 years...maybe for understanding reasons, but at least some nice and good photos still could have been there imo. But overall I'm happy with it.


I too tried my best to experience 3d in the book but sadly I was disappointed with it. Now I know that I'm not alone on that matter. Apart from that, I loved the book; it's quite interesting.



It can only be something to do with your eyes (not sure if a percentage of people have issues generally with 3D stuff?), or maybe how you're viewing the pics with the viewer....they really do come alive and jump out of the page with real depth and perspective, unlike any normal photograph.
 
cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:24 am
Location: Kent ,UK
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby bigV » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:00 pm

Kes wrote:Because basically, they had two albums on the cards, a Rocks one, and a Ballads one.

Brian had No-one But You kicking about, and they recorded it. By the time it came to finally put the albums together, they decided to just go with the Rocks one, and stuck the new track on the end of it.

I think something like Princes Of The Universe was meant to be on the original tracklisting of Rocks, and that got sacrificed to fit NOBY on there. There was a piano version of Is This The World We Created, that was found for the Ballads album, and that hasn't seen the light of day either. I know it exists, as I've heard it.


There was also supposed to be a Rocks' re-take of TYMD, wasn't there?

V.
 
bigV
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Is this the life we really want?

      
 
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:30 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Your Latest Queen Buys...

Postby mikespit » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:36 am

Got this book for Christmas, makes good reading, each album being discussed song by song. Nice solid hard-back. I think it was released for their 45th Anniversary

Anyone else pick this up?

Queen: Album By Album delves into "individual songs, the circumstances that surrounded the recording of each album, the band and contemporary rock contexts into which they were released," through "freewheeling discussions" with Dave Ellefson, Derek Shulman, Jeb Wright, Daniel Nester and other experts. The book is illustrated with rare live performance and candid offstage photography, as well as "scads of rare Queen ephemera."

Image
 
mikespit
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:39 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time

PreviousNext

Return to Killer Queen

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests