Our next President — Joe Biden or Donald Trump?

Other music, TV, films and general interest
the milkman

Re: Our next President — Joe Biden or Donald Trump?

Post by the milkman »

Nicki,

Who are you trying to convince? Of course you’re making excellent points but it’s falling on deaf ears. Why bother?

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

the milkman wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:57 pm
Nicki,

Who are you trying to convince? Of course you’re making excellent points but it’s falling on deaf ears. Why bother?
Oh, I just didn’t want others to believe that short sighted view of the topic. :D

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Nicki wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:06 pm
the milkman wrote:
Nicki,

Oh, I just didn’t want others to believe that short sighted view of the topic. :D
Others do believe that and you’ll never change that. Most simply don’t care because they’re straight and it doesn’t matter to them.

I used to date a gay republican. He’s most definitely a racist and he’s still in the closest at the age of 61. What a miserable life but it’s his life to live like he wants.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

the milkman wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:14 pm
Nicki wrote:
the milkman wrote:
Nicki,

Others do believe that and you’ll never change that. Most simply don’t care because they’re straight and it doesn’t matter to them.

I used to date a gay republican. He’s most definitely a racist and he’s still in the closest at the age of 61. What a miserable life but it’s his life to live like he wants.
Too bad for him (at least from my point of view).
And no, I don’t think, I can change people’s views. But there are also a lot of young people, who need to know that you have to look behind the words of any politician. That’s often not easy and most people unfortunately don’t care enough.

If it was for me, I would change whole electoral system in the US, because it’s antiquated. :lol:

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

Nicki wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:50 pm
Mona Lisa wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:51 pm
If you think that Trump is homophobic, here is something for you, and he's for gay marriage from day 1:
(...) Please educate yourself, look at the whole picture, not just the bits and pieces that serve your agenda.
(...) There are people like you, who don’t look further.
Mmm....
Interesting

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Nicki,

You might be interested in this. I’ll never understand why the LCR endorsed him this time.

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

Nicki wrote:
the milkman wrote:
Nicki,

Thanks guys ;)
I hope you've seen the video, though. Not trying to convince anyone about anything.
Just bringing another view.
I couldn't care less about the name-callings / finger-pointing / however you call it ;)

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

the milkman wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:14 pm
Nicki wrote:
the milkman wrote:
Nicki,

(...)
That's called putting a label on other's head.
Same as saying that you ain't black if you don't support BLM, right?

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

the milkman wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:32 pm
Nicki,

You might be interested in this. I’ll never understand why the LCR endorsed him this time.
Interesting. I think just from this bit, I agree with all she said. And why the LCR still stands behind Trump is a riddle to me. I‘m just thankful that he’s not my president.

I think my country has been blessed with Angela Merkel as our chancellor for the past 15 years. Some ups and downs, but all together stable and reliable with more political knowledge than I‘ve ever seen. Unfortunately she will step down next year and I‘m not seeing an adequate successor, yet. Somehow I hope that the US won’t still be ruled by unreliable Trump, when our new chancellor with less experiences has to deal with the unrest in the EU and the US.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

When will we ever find out what Putin has on Trump? The DHS whistleblower spoke up because he was told to stifle intelligence on Russia that would make Trump look bad.

I wish, too, we had a leader like Angela. Even Boris seems to have calmed down since the Covid-19 health scare he went through.

While I would prefer a younger man than Joe, at least he is a normal human being and not a looney radical. He and Barack were a great team.