Our next President — Joe Biden or Donald Trump?

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Nicki

Re: Our next President — Joe Biden or Donald Trump?

Post by Nicki »

the milkman wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:16 pm
My cousin lives in Oregon and he’s going to vote for Jo Jorgensen. I’m pretty sure his wife will too. I would probably vote for her too but I feel like I have to vote for Biden. Not that it really matters because Trump will win my state.
It’s a shame that the winner of a state takes it all and opponents don’t get anything, even though the difference might be just 1%. In my opinion that’s part of that antiquated electoral system, that should be changed. I don’t know another democratic country that still votes like this. Count every vote, that’s how it should be.
Oh, and scratch the electoral college. There exists an internet (or a telephone!), no need for postmen. ;) And when you’re at it, send to every person legit to vote an invitation, that allows them to vote at their local polling location after an identity check. No need to register, just have a central register like every normal country.

But hey, it’s the great USA... voting like 1800 is what they’ve always done. :D

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

Nicki wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:34 pm

It’s a shame that the winner of a state takes it all and opponents don’t get anything, even though the difference might be just 1%. In my opinion that’s part of that antiquated electoral system, that should be changed. I don’t know another democratic country that still votes like this. Count every vote, that’s how it should be.
Oh, and scratch the electoral college. There exists an internet (or a telephone!), no need for postmen. ;) And when you’re at it, send to every person legit to vote an invitation, that allows them to vote at their local polling location after an identity check. No need to register, just have a central register like every normal country.

Great way to make someone angry. :twisted:

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

the milkman wrote:
My cousin lives in Oregon and he’s going to vote for Jo Jorgensen. I’m pretty sure his wife will too. I would probably vote for her too but I feel like I have to vote for Biden. Not that it really matters because Trump will win my state.
I’ve never heard of her but is Jo Jorgensen this election cycle’s Jill Stein? The thing about Jill Stein and Paul Manafort is the Russia connection!

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

carolb57 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:45 pm
the milkman wrote:
I’ve never heard of her but is Jo Jorgensen this election cycle’s Jill Stein? The thing about Jill Stein and Paul Manafort is the Russia connection!
She’s the Libertarian candidate. Jill was the Green Party candidate. I didn’t vote last time because I didn’t like the candidates but I feel like I have to this time. I also feel like I have to vote for someone I don’t really care for just because he’s the only one that could beat Trump. I don’t live in a swing state so it will go red but at least I tried. That’s all we can do.

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

carolb57 wrote:
the milkman wrote:
Russia is fake news.
Did you hear about Spygate, do you think it is a conspiracy theory? I'm just asking for info, as I am curious about the obsession about Russia.
It was a plot, a scandal, as far as I know, and it sounds ridiculous to always talk about Russia. But I am curious about your justifications!
Thanks

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Mona Lisa wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:41 pm
carolb57 wrote:
the milkman wrote:
Russia is fake news.
Did you hear about Spygate, do you think it is a conspiracy theory? I'm just asking for info, as I am curious about the obsession about Russia.
It was a plot, a scandal, as far as I know, and it sounds ridiculous to always talk about Russia. But I am curious about your justifications!
Thanks
Jill Stein and Michael Flynn with Vladimir:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... nce-photo/

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Nicki wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:34 pm
the milkman wrote:

The winner takes all is only for the primary elections. In the general election the individual votes count but then it determines how many electors for the electoral vote are selected. IMO THAT is where the fraud can take place. I have no idea who the electors are and how THEY are selected.

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

carolb57 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:15 pm
Mona Lisa wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:41 pm
carolb57 wrote:

Russia is fake news.
Thanks
Jill Stein and Michael Flynn with Vladimir:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... nce-photo/
That explains everything, thanks

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Wildfires in 12 States, 4 tropical storms and 1 hurricane in the Atlantic and Gulf, almost 200,000 dead from Covid-19 in the US and a President totally out of control.

I like Joe’s positive message!

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

carolb57 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:18 am
Wildfires in 12 States, 4 tropical storms and 1 hurricane in the Atlantic and Gulf, almost 200,000 dead from Covid-19 in the US and a President totally out of control.

I like Joe’s positive message!

Senator Chris Murphy regarding Trump’s take on climate change:

“He is fundamentally divorced from reality.”