If wearing masks were mandatory, would you wear one?

Other music, TV, films and general interest

Would you wear a mask If it was mandatory?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:03 pm

Yes
88%
No
6%
Maybe
6%

Total votes: 17

Black Wings

If wearing masks were mandatory, would you wear one?

Post by Black Wings »

I dont know how to make a poll, sorry. In light of covid, there are places that wearing a mask is now mandatory, Calgary for example.
I'm not going great to judge anyone, but would you wear a mask if mandatory and or do you wear one?
It's not mandatory in my city, but yes I wear one.

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, You're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Re: If wearing masks were mandatory, would you wear one?

Post by Innuendoes »

Yes. Not sure if it's mandatory here or not. I've only left the house ONE time since November so I have no idea.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

I’ve been wearing one since March. It just makes sense IMHO. We’re in a hotspot because people think it’s their right not to wear them. A FB friend of mine made fun of all of this back in May, he died two weeks ago. What will it take for people to wake up?

Frank

Post by Frank »

Of course I'd wear a mask, and I do everyday. So tired of hearing ignorant family and friends say it's a hoax trying to control people. Everything has to be political. It's disgusting.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

I made a typo above, it should have said was and not were
. I'm shocked after all the cases in my city, that there are people who refuse to wear a mask. And just as bad, those who wear masks and don't dispose the masks properly. Across my backyard, where there are townhouses there are a few. And no, I'm not going to pick them up.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Black Wings wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:42 pm I made a typo above, it should have said was and not were
. I'm shocked after all the cases in my city, that there are people who refuse to wear a mask. And just as bad, those who wear masks and don't dispose the masks properly. Across my backyard, where there are townhouses there are a few. And no, I'm not going to pick them up.
I found a used mask in my own front yard and another one down the street by our mailbox. Fucking assholes.

White Queen

Post by White Queen »

Where I live (I live in Germany) there is a mask obligation since the end of April. My mother bought masks a few weeks before and has worn them ever since while shopping etc. So when I go shopping with my parents I always wear a mask. A few weeks ago I was in a hotel over the weekend where everybody in the whole building (except for the food and in his room) had to wear a mask. There I forgot it a couple of times, which was not bad, because you hardly met anybody on the corridor. Nevertheless I was always annoyed when this happened to me.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Black Wings wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:42 pm I made a typo above, it should have said was and not were
"Were" is the correct English in that context. ;)

It's mandatory in the UK in shops from today. I don't have an issue with it at all. I've made it compulsory in my car for all students taking driving lessons too - no mask, no lesson, no discussion.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Black Wings wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:08 pm I dont know how to make a poll, sorry. In light of covid, there are places that wearing a mask is now mandatory, Calgary for example.
I'm not going great to judge anyone, but would you wear a mask if mandatory and or do you wear one?
It's not mandatory in my city, but yes I wear one.
I
Sorted

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

I've been voluntarily wearing one for about 6 weeks on the rare occasions when I'm in enclosed spaces, or the high Street.

I don't understand the rationale behind " it's an unreasonable imposition " - there's no way government wants people passing under its Cctv network unidentifiable!