If wearing masks were mandatory, would you wear one?

Other music, TV, films and general interest

Would you wear a mask If it was mandatory?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:03 pm

Yes
15
88%
No
1
6%
Maybe
1
6%
 
Total votes: 17

Mona Lisa
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:50 am
Location: Planet Earth

Re: If wearing masks were mandatory, would you wear one?

Post by Mona Lisa »

Do you think that the mask is helping people who want to quit smoking? one of the few positive things maybe :p

İ"m not against mask, İ agree we should wear it in the shops and the public transports, but everywhere in the public area, i think it's crazy and I doubt it's helping. in Brussels where I am right now they are doing it, so I have to do it...
Somene knows the details about Sweden? I've heard they didn't do any lockdown (but I don't know about masks?) but they recovered faster than in most other places in Europe.

User avatar
JLP
Site Admin
Posts: 1015
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:21 pm
Location: Here

Re: If wearing masks were mandatory, would you wear one?

Post by JLP »

Elessar wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:17 pm
JLP wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:02 pm Several of my younger customers do not wear masks and we are not allowed to challenge them.
I’m surprised you’re not allowed to challenge them.

That said, the ‘mask-Nazis’ annoy me a bit as well. I always wear a mask in shops but on one occasion when I was buying something from the Apple shop I was asked to pull it up so it covered my nose fully. I think to a certain extent people should get a grip. I smiled and complied though.
All they would have to say is I suffer from asthma. Maybe the guidance should have been if you cannot wear a mask, you cannot go into shops etc.

User avatar
Innuendoes
Posts: 1591
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:32 pm
Location: Uh-Oh, You're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Re: If wearing masks were mandatory, would you wear one?

Post by Innuendoes »

JLP wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:52 pm
Elessar wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:17 pm
JLP wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:02 pm Several of my younger customers do not wear masks and we are not allowed to challenge them.
I’m surprised you’re not allowed to challenge them.

That said, the ‘mask-Nazis’ annoy me a bit as well. I always wear a mask in shops but on one occasion when I was buying something from the Apple shop I was asked to pull it up so it covered my nose fully. I think to a certain extent people should get a grip. I smiled and complied though.
All they would have to say is I suffer from asthma. Maybe the guidance should have been if you cannot wear a mask, you cannot go into shops etc.
I have a friend who claims it's claustrophobic for her to wear a mask and she will for about 10 minutes then has to take it off. I disagree! If she were claustrophobic, she would not be able to wear a mask for that long if at all! That's just an excuse, IMHO!

User avatar
Elessar
Posts: 1120
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:07 pm

Re: If wearing masks were mandatory, would you wear one?

Post by Elessar »

JLP wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:52 pm
Elessar wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:17 pm
JLP wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:02 pm Several of my younger customers do not wear masks and we are not allowed to challenge them.
I’m surprised you’re not allowed to challenge them.

That said, the ‘mask-Nazis’ annoy me a bit as well. I always wear a mask in shops but on one occasion when I was buying something from the Apple shop I was asked to pull it up so it covered my nose fully. I think to a certain extent people should get a grip. I smiled and complied though.
All they would have to say is I suffer from asthma. Maybe the guidance should have been if you cannot wear a mask, you cannot go into shops etc.
Yeah, and the asthma thing is a load of rubbish, but we don’t listen to experts any more

User avatar
Innuendoes
Posts: 1591
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:32 pm
Location: Uh-Oh, You're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Re: If wearing masks were mandatory, would you wear one?

Post by Innuendoes »

Elessar wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:05 pm
Yeah, and the asthma thing is a load of rubbish, but we don’t listen to experts any more
If these people who claim they have asthma are out walking around, then I don't buy it at all because if they are having an asthma attack, they can't breathe, anyway! Well, they can but they are gasping for air and wouldn't be out shopping and walking around.

User avatar
Elessar
Posts: 1120
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:07 pm

Re: If wearing masks were mandatory, would you wear one?

Post by Elessar »

Innuendoes wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:08 pm
Elessar wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:05 pm
Yeah, and the asthma thing is a load of rubbish, but we don’t listen to experts any more
If these people who claim they have asthma are out walking around, then I don't buy it at all because if they are having an asthma attack, they can't breathe, anyway! Well, they can but they are gasping for air and wouldn't be out shopping and walking around.
Yeah exactly. It’s an excuse. If they truly had severe asthma they’d be the first to want to wear masks because asthmatics do badly when they get covid.

Lord of all darkness
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:29 am

Re: If wearing masks were mandatory, would you wear one?

Post by Lord of all darkness »

Mona Lisa wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:33 pm Do you think that the mask is helping people who want to quit smoking? one of the few positive things maybe :p

İ"m not against mask, İ agree we should wear it in the shops and the public transports, but everywhere in the public area, i think it's crazy and I doubt it's helping. in Brussels where I am right now they are doing it, so I have to do it...
Somene knows the details about Sweden? I've heard they didn't do any lockdown (but I don't know about masks?) but they recovered faster than in most other places in Europe.
Sweden can't lockdown because of their constitution. However, Sweden tried for herd immunity and got no where close. Swedes traditionally go to the countryside over the summer months. Lets see how they as they head into winter.

Mona Lisa
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:50 am
Location: Planet Earth

Re: If wearing masks were mandatory, would you wear one?

Post by Mona Lisa »

When I wear a mask for too long, I feel weak and sleepy. Is it because of a lack of oxygen?(and breathing the air I breath out?)

Lord of all darkness
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:29 am

Re: If wearing masks were mandatory, would you wear one?

Post by Lord of all darkness »

JLP wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:02 pm Several of my younger customers do not wear masks and we are not allowed to challenge them.

Heard the best conspiracy theory yet. In Revelations the number of the beast is 666. There are 6 letters in the word Corona and, if you are up the positions of the letters in the alphabet, the total is 66. That is why it is all a pack of lies to control us.
Must be UK law. In Australia a shop is a private business and can set what ever conditions of entry as they see fit. I would have thought it would be like going to an exclusive club in London where the condition of entry is to wear a shirt and tie? Or a golf club that requires tailored trousers and a polo shirt as a minimum? Melbourne is currently in a state of disaster and a state of emergency, so this gives the Chief Health Officer the powers to enforce mask wearing in public settings.

Lord of all darkness
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:29 am

Re: If wearing masks were mandatory, would you wear one?

Post by Lord of all darkness »

Mona Lisa wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:08 pm When I wear a mask for too long, I feel weak and sleepy. Is it because of a lack of oxygen?(and breathing the air I breath out?)
It's called being unfit. :lol:

Post Reply