If wearing masks were mandatory, would you wear one?

Other music, TV, films and general interest

Would you wear a mask If it was mandatory?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:03 pm

Yes
88%
No
6%
Maybe
6%

Total votes: 17

Buckeye Randy

Re: If wearing masks were mandatory, would you wear one?

Post by Buckeye Randy »

Innuendoes wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:33 am I am hearing and reading a lot of this and people saying others, such as a family member, were tested after they died of something else like a stroke, a heart attack of died in a car accident. Their tests came back as positive for Covid so that's what was put on their death certificates even though that's not what they were hospitalized for, nor did they have any symptoms of Covid at all. Very strange and nothing makes sense, anymore.
I know two cases like this. One was my Aunt and another is a lady (friend of a friend) that died and Covid was listed as cause of death. Apparently if any symptoms are consistent with Covid then cause of death can be listed as such.

I've read that hospitals and nursing homes get money for Covid deaths...there are also articles that dispute this...what to believe?

Here is a copy paste
Right now Medicare has determined that if you have a COVID-19 admission to the hospital, the hospital gets paid $13,000. If that COVID-19 patient goes on a ventilator, the hospital gets $39,000, three times as much. Nobody can tell me after 35 years in the world of medicine that sometimes those kinds of things impact on what we do.

As far as the mask goes, mandatory where I work 'except' if you are only one in an office or room. How does that protect the next person entering the room??

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, You're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Post by Innuendoes »

Buckeye Randy wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:17 am
Innuendoes wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:33 am I am hearing and reading a lot of this and people saying others, such as a family member, were tested after they died of something else like a stroke, a heart attack of died in a car accident. Their tests came back as positive for Covid so that's what was put on their death certificates even though that's not what they were hospitalized for, nor did they have any symptoms of Covid at all. Very strange and nothing makes sense, anymore.
I know two cases like this. One was my Aunt and another is a lady (friend of a friend) that died and Covid was listed as cause of death. Apparently if any symptoms are consistent with Covid then cause of death can be listed as such.

I've read that hospitals and nursing homes get money for Covid deaths...there are also articles that dispute this...what to believe?

Here is a copy paste
Right now Medicare has determined that if you have a COVID-19 admission to the hospital, the hospital gets paid $13,000. If that COVID-19 patient goes on a ventilator, the hospital gets $39,000, three times as much. Nobody can tell me after 35 years in the world of medicine that sometimes those kinds of things impact on what we do.

As far as the mask goes, mandatory where I work 'except' if you are only one in an office or room. How does that protect the next person entering the room??
To me, that is nothing but sheer greed and lying to get the money. :twisted: In my opinion, our hospital and medical systems are corrupt and they (administrators and such) could care less if we live as long as they can get as much money out of us as possible and of course, the insurance companies.

As far as your rule there at work, it doesn't make sense, does it? More BS!

Buckeye Randy

Post by Buckeye Randy »

Innuendoes wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:49 am As far as your rule there at work, it doesn't make sense, does it? More BS!
The fact they pay me doesn't make allot of sense either! (smiling)

Frank

Post by Frank »

Innuendoes wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:38 am
Frank wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:44 am On a personal note, I'll need to wear a face mask when I start work again in a few weeks. I'm all for health and safety, but I'm sitting here feeling nervous about having that facehugger on me for eight hours straight. I feel claustrophobic wearing it just at the grocery store for an hour at a time. But for eight hours with only a 30 minute lunch break? Fuck me. I don't know how people do it. I've been lucky so far.
Don't stress about it in advance if at all possible. That will bring on the anxiety before you even go back to work and may make it even more difficult for you to wear that mask. The mask is nothing but a mask - cloth or whatever. Try to talk yourself out of worrying about it, telling yourself it's not so bad and it will be over by the time you get off work, etc. Try to think positive rather than negative thoughts. I know where you are coming from with this and anxiety as I have suffered with it all my life and know now, later in life, what makes it worse and what helps. Maybe that comes with age and just knowing you didn't die from doing XYZ before, no matter how many times you did it or went through it. I hope I am not sounding insensitive as I surely don't mean to but I am also not very good with words so please forgive me if this upsets you. It was not meant that way.
No worries. You don't sound insensitive at all. You're right, worrying about it will solve nothing. I don't think about it often, but my skin crawls when I do. Hopefully I'll be so invested in my job that the mask won't really even enter my mind when the time comes.

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

fairydandy wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:00 pm "We do not recommend wearing facemasks for general wearing".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-521531 ... al-wearing

Good, but I still don't see the point in shops either.
That was April, at the point when virtually every shop was shut, and we were all at home 23 hours a day - so it's entirely valid advice AT THE TIME. Now that we're all circulating, why is it such a surprise that the advice changes?

fairydandy

Post by fairydandy »

I can see that now, heaven knows why they put it on their main page yesterday then? :roll:

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

If wearing masks were mandatory, I'd try to wear only one :D

Buckeye Randy

Post by Buckeye Randy »

Mona Lisa wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:42 pm If wearing masks were mandatory, I'd try to wear only one :D
Is there one of those facey things for 'rimshot'?

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

I don't know what is a rimshot, except something in percussion :/ Does it mean, doing 2 things at the same time?
I was joking about the title, because it talks about ""Wearing masks"", and then, "would you wear ... one?" So, on purpose misinterpretating it for fun, and asking myself how many masks would I want to wear 😅 I'd say that one is enough 😜
That's no lesson of english however, I'm not a native.... just making jokes of anything 😆

Buckeye Randy

Post by Buckeye Randy »

Mona Lisa wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:37 am I don't know what is a rimshot, except something in percussion :/ Does it mean, doing 2 things at the same time?
I was joking about the title, because it talks about ""Wearing masks"", and then, "would you wear ... one?" So, on purpose misinterpretating it for fun, and asking myself how many masks would I want to wear 😅 I'd say that one is enough 😜
That's no lesson of english however, I'm not a native.... just making jokes of anything 😆
Joke was well received.

"Rimshot used to accent the punchline of a joke being told by a live comedian may or may not simultaneously be played with a small cymbal crash"