If wearing masks were mandatory, would you wear one?

Other music, TV, films and general interest

Would you wear a mask If it was mandatory?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:03 pm

Yes
88%
No
6%
Maybe
6%

Total votes: 17

Mona Lisa

Re: If wearing masks were mandatory, would you wear one?

Post by Mona Lisa »

Buckeye Randy wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:39 am
Mona Lisa wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:42 pm If wearing masks were mandatory, I'd try to wear only one :D
Is there one of those facey things for 'rimshot'?
Aaaa, now I got it 😄😄😄 thanks

Lord of all darkness

Post by Lord of all darkness »

Here in Melbourne it is mandatory to wear a mask when leaving home. We have been in a hard lock down for 5 weeks with only 4 reasons to leave home. As cases were increasing exponentially we started seeing days of over 700 a day with modelling predicting that to grow to thousands a day. Today we recorded 14 new cases with a rolling 14 day average of 36. So between stage 4 lockdown and wearing masks we are looking like getting it back under control.

I say this in light of the UK and Europe going into a 2nd wave. Those that don't think it's real and wont follow the rules, you are just prolonging the agony. Do yourself a favour listen to the science and believe that the only way to get it under control is to go hard at it. As the Northern Hemisphere goes in to Winter it will only get worse.

Elessar

Post by Elessar »

Lord of all darkness wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:31 pm Here in Melbourne it is mandatory to wear a mask when leaving home. We have been in a hard lock down for 5 weeks with only 4 reasons to leave home. As cases were increasing exponentially we started seeing days of over 700 a day with modelling predicting that to grow to thousands a day. Today we recorded 14 new cases with a rolling 14 day average of 36. So between stage 4 lockdown and wearing masks we are looking like getting it back under control.

I say this in light of the UK and Europe going into a 2nd wave. Those that don't think it's real and wont follow the rules, you are just prolonging the agony. Do yourself a favour listen to the science and believe that the only way to get it under control is to go hard at it. As the Northern Hemisphere goes in to Winter it will only get worse.
There's certainly been an increase in hospital admissions with covid, and these admissions are starting to make their way back into ITUs, filling up beds and usually end up dying.

I'm sick of covid and the restrictions but at the moment there's probably no alternative. Unfortunately we share this world with the usual cabal of conspiracy theorists, anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers, racists and xenophobes, and they're making non-compliance a valid choice for those who probably do want to do the right thing but are tired of it all and want normality to resume.

Elessar

Post by Elessar »

Yeah, but we don't like experts, do we?

I guess what COVID has shown us (in particularly the UK compared to the rest of Europe) is how sick we are as a population. The fact that most of these COVID deaths occur in people with multiple co-morbidities shows that we're a very co-morbid nation. Usually the co-morbidities in question are smoking or obesity related. We probably need to look at that as a society and as individuals and decide if we want to be the at-risk people when the next pandemic hits. If we don't, we need to make changes as individuals to reduce our risks of getting these conditions, and then if we're unlucky enough to still get them, we need to continue to reduce our risks of further problems and also listen to the people who want to treat our conditions instead of waving the conspiracy theory flag and turning to homeopathy and other alternative medicines.

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, You're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Post by Innuendoes »

I think it's probably pretty safe to say everyone on this board wears a mask.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Several of my younger customers do not wear masks and we are not allowed to challenge them.

Heard the best conspiracy theory yet. In Revelations the number of the beast is 666. There are 6 letters in the word Corona and, if you are up the positions of the letters in the alphabet, the total is 66. That is why it is all a pack of lies to control us.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

JLP wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:02 pm Several of my younger customers do not wear masks and we are not allowed to challenge them.

Heard the best conspiracy theory yet. In Revelations the number of the beast is 666. There are 6 letters in the word Corona and, if you are up the positions of the letters in the alphabet, the total is 66. That is why it is all a pack of lies to control us.
That’s great! :lol:

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, You're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Post by Innuendoes »

I don't even think 666 is the true mark of the beast. 8-)

Elessar

Post by Elessar »

JLP wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:02 pm Several of my younger customers do not wear masks and we are not allowed to challenge them.
I’m surprised you’re not allowed to challenge them.

That said, the ‘mask-Nazis’ annoy me a bit as well. I always wear a mask in shops but on one occasion when I was buying something from the Apple shop I was asked to pull it up so it covered my nose fully. I think to a certain extent people should get a grip. I smiled and complied though.