Goodbye

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Black Wings

Re: Goodbye

Post by Black Wings »

Frank wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:01 pm
Elessar wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:20 pm
fairydandy wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:26 pm I spend more time listening to Frank Sinatra, Elvis and other legends these days anyway.
Give the new Killers album a listen. It was a bit of a slow burner but now I absolutely love it. There’s a duet with k. d. lang who I assumed died in the late 90s and it’s fantastic!
This topic is absolute trash. But the silver lining is you just introduced me to The Killers. Of course I've heard of them and my wife listens to them, but I never really gave them the time of day, but now I'm digging into some really...ahem...killer stuff. Thanks, Elessar.
They are so good, I think, and I hope you will enjoy their music. You are in for a ride.
and it's okay if you end up not liking them of course.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Black Wings wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:05 pm
Elessar wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:20 pm

Give the new Killers album a listen. It was a bit of a slow burner but now I absolutely love it. There’s a duet with k. d. lang who I assumed died in the late 90s and it’s fantastic!
This topic is absolute trash. But the silver lining is you just introduced me to The Killers. Of course I've heard of them and my wife listens to them, but I never really gave them the time of day, but now I'm digging into some really...ahem...killer stuff. Thanks, Elessar.
They are so good, I think, and I hope you will enjoy their music. You are in for a ride.
So far I've only been listening to their new album. I'm listening to it for the second time. It's a real grower!

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Frank wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:13 pm
Black Wings wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:05 pm

So far I've only been listening to their new album. I'm listening to it for the second time. It's a real grower!
I know Elessar is a bigger and and better fan than I am, so I will leave it to him if he wants to suggest particular songs and albums, if he does I might give my own.
I don't have the album, or have I heard the whole thing yet, but I'm waiting until next week to get it, but I'm glad it's a grower. I love it when music does that.

Broooklyn

Post by Broooklyn »

Elessar wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:06 pm
Wow! That's really good.

action

Post by action »

Broooklyn wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:17 pm
Elessar wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:06 pm
Wow! That's really good.
it's not something fitting to blast through my BMW sound system

sounds like they want to badly imitate the pet shop boys.

this is great music:

hear the emotion, the absolutely brilliant chorus, the summer evening vibes.

Lord of all darkness

Post by Lord of all darkness »

This sums it up for fd.

action

Post by action »

this sums up this thread

action

Post by action »

so he's really gone then 😟

Dali

Post by Dali »

fairydandy wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:42 pmI need to move on.
Again?

What is this, the 10th time now?

At least when I left, I left for good. I mean, I'm back for a while... but not really.

Anyway, you'll be back. You're gonna miss it. I know you :)

V.

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

O, hello bigV :-D
We should make a list of all members with new names :-D