What are you watching/listening or reading?

Other music, TV, films and general interest
ogre t raylot

Re: What are you watching/listening or reading?

Post by ogre t raylot »

Wax Fang - The Astronaut

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Cool Cat wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:40 pm
the milkman wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:26 pm Image
Used to love listen to Ron & Russel, weird faces, very high vocals, but very catchy songs, I still listen to them quite often.
They’re definitely not always an easy listen. Which album is your favorite? I’m an 80s music fanatic so mine is Angst In My Pants.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Buckeye Randy

Post by Buckeye Randy »

the milkman wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:58 pm They’re definitely not always an easy listen. Which album is your favorite? I’m an 80s music fanatic so mine is Angst In My Pants.

My favorites are their glam trilogy (Kimono, Propaganda, Indiscreet), this is when I was introduced to the band. I retro listened to their first two albums, I prefer 'Woofer' over the debut. I was lukewarm to their American sound on 'Big Beat' though their appearance in the movie "Rollercoaster" was fun. I wasn't even aware when 'Introducing' was released.

I liked a couple songs on 'No. 1 Song' when it was released. I know this was a groundbreaking and influential album but it has not aged well in my opinion. I never bothered with 'Terminal Jive' because I didn't need 'Heaven' part II.

I really like 'Angst' which is one of the albums where they were backed by the band Bates Motel. Bob Haag is a really good guitarist, I think he's on four or five of the albums in the 80's.. I saw them on the 'Angst' tour and it was perfect because Mrs. Buckeye and myself met the guys after the show.

I lost touch with Sparks for quite a few years with my only purchase being 'Plagiarism'.

I was 100% back on board with 'Beethoven', all of the albums since then have top shelf highlights. Their collaboration with Franz Ferdinand was pretty good as well.

OK...time to listen to some Sparks.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Bruce Springsteen London Calling Live In Hyde Park...this is "new" to me, and it's great.

Cool Cat

Post by Cool Cat »

the milkman wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:58 pm
Cool Cat wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:40 pm
the milkman wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:26 pm Image
Used to love listen to Ron & Russel, weird faces, very high vocals, but very catchy songs, I still listen to them quite often.
They’re definitely not always an easy listen. Which album is your favorite? I’m an 80s music fanatic so mine is Angst In My Pants.
I love 80s too, but my heart as always been in the 1970s, so its Kimono My House or Propaganda for me.

ogre t raylot

Post by ogre t raylot »

I'm surprised more Gray Area CDs haven't surfaced in the wake of the films success.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

George Michael Symphonica...it's absolutely brilliant. ♡☆

the milkman

Post by the milkman »