What are you watching/listening or reading?

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, We're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Re: What are you watching/listening or reading?

Post by Innuendoes »

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner was a very good book, even with the way it ended.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Lots of David Bowie today 💗
Say hi to each other :cry:

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

I really need to check out more Bowie. The only album I own is Let's Dance, which I know he looked back on quite disparagingly.

Beyond that, I only really know him through songs like "Life on Mars?" and "Heroes".

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Leigh Burne wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:02 pm I really need to check out more Bowie. The only album I own is Let's Dance, which I know he looked back on quite disparagingly.

Beyond that, I only really know him through songs like "Life on Mars?" and "Heroes".
I love Let's Dance. I truly do.
Check him out if you can, even in retrospect wow what a carrer.

Kes

Post by Kes »

On all of his albums there's the gems, and the ones where you wonder what the f*ck was he thinking?

True, of just about all artists, you have to kiss a fair few frogs to find a prince.

With Bowie, there's a lot of classics, but they're strewn throughout a very long career.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Kes wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:15 pm On all of his albums there's the gems, and the ones where you wonder what the f*ck was he thinking?

True, of just about all artists, you have to kiss a fair few frogs to find a prince.
Ah, it's ok. I wouldn't have minded kissing frogs if that meant I'd find Bowie :lol:
His good stuff by far outweighs the "bad".

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

midnight sky wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:12 pmI love Let's Dance. I truly do.
So do I, it's why I own it :D But I know he didn't think much of it in hindsight.
Kes wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:15 pmOn all of his albums there's the gems, and the ones where you wonder what the f*ck was he thinking?
I guess that's to be expected of someone as artistically driven as he was. He certainly wasn't one for sitting still.

Kes

Post by Kes »

The beauty of retrospect. You can look back and see what worked and what didn't, at the time, they probably all sounded valid, and worth a punt.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

I know I said (in the Brian solo thread) that I've been holding off collecting his various B-sides and outtakes in light of the proposed expanded album reissues, but I found this online for a great price and in excellent condition and couldn't resist.

The two exclusive live tracks - wow.