What are you watching/listening or reading?

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Kes

Re: What are you watching/listening or reading?

Post by Kes »

The version of Hammer To Fall, on the RS EP, is only surpassed by the VH1 version of Tie Your Mother Down.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Is that the one that's drawn out to like 9 minutes and has acoustic as well as electric bits?

I think I've heard it, but never knew where it came from.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Vivian Tries on youtube. She's a hoot :lol:

Buckeye Randy

Post by Buckeye Randy »

Was having songs on a movie soundtrack a bigger deal in the '80's than it is now? It seems like it was. Regardless, the movie "Teachers" had songs by Freddie, Joe Cocker, ZZ Top, Night Ranger, Bob Seger and Ian Hunter among others.

Here's Ian Hunter

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, We're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Post by Innuendoes »

Not a thing of the past if the music is good. I have quite a few old CDs somewhere and a lot on old cassette tapes.

I found this one pretty fantastic as well as the movie, too. In fact, I always figured the singer in this band was black. Came to find out he Native American and the band was Redbone which I knew, but I didn't know the meaning of Redbone until I researched the brothers. The singer was Lolly Vegas, and his brother, Pat is on bass and still alive. That, alone, put me on the hunt for everything I could find out about the brothers and the rest of the band. I even found Pat and talked to him a couple of times and he's still playing and singing.

Text copied from youtube.

Come and Get Your Love
Artist
Redbone
Writers
Lolly Vegas
Licensed to YouTube by
SME (on behalf of Legacy Recordings); LatinAutor - SonyATV, LatinAutorPerf, CMRRA, Sony ATV Publishing, UNIAO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORAS DE MUSICA - UBEM, SOLAR Music Rights Management, BMI - Broadcast Music Inc., and 14 Music Rights Societies

I Want You Back
Artist
Jackson 5
Writers
Deniz Pop, Max Martin
Licensed to YouTube by
UMG (on behalf of UNI/MOTOWN); Abramus Digital, SOLAR Music Rights Management, Sony ATV Publishing, UNIAO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORAS DE MUSICA - UBEM, LatinAutor - SonyATV, LatinAutor, AMRA, UMPG Publishing, LatinAutor - UMPG, CMRRA, União Brasileira de Compositores, LatinAutorPerf, and 15 Music Rights Societies

Spirit In The Sky
Artist
Norman Greenbaum
Writers
Norman Greenbaum
Licensed to YouTube by
UMG (on behalf of Craft Recordings); LatinAutor - PeerMusic, BMI - Broadcast Music Inc., PEDL, Concord Music Publishing, LatinAutorPerf, UNIAO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORAS DE MUSICA - UBEM, LatinAutor - Warner Chappell, CMRRA, LatinAutor - SonyATV, and 23 Music Rights Societies

Hooked On A Feeling
Artist
Blue Swede
Album
Hooked On A Feeling
Writers
Mark James
Licensed to YouTube by
WMG (on behalf of PLG Sweden); SOLAR Music Rights Management, CMRRA, UNIAO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORAS DE MUSICA - UBEM, Sony ATV Publishing, LatinAutorPerf, LatinAutor - SonyATV, and 10 Music Rights Societies

Escape (The Pina Colada Song) (Single Version)
Artist
Rupert Holmes
Licensed to YouTube by
UMG (on behalf of UME Custom Premium); LatinAutor - Warner Chappell, UNIAO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORAS DE MUSICA - UBEM, LatinAutor - PeerMusic, Abramus Digital, LatinAutorPerf, ARESA, LatinAutor, AMRA, Holmes Line of Music, LLC, Warner Chappell, CMRRA, PEDL, and 17 Music Rights Societies

O-o-h Child
Artist
The Five Stairsteps
Licensed to YouTube by
SME (on behalf of Third Party); CMRRA, UNIAO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORAS DE MUSICA - UBEM, SOLAR Music Rights Management, Sony ATV Publishing, BMI - Broadcast Music Inc., LatinAutorPerf, LatinAutor - SonyATV, and 15 Music Rights Societies

Ain't No Mountain High Enough
Artist
Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell
Writers
Nickolas Ashford, Valerie Simpson
Licensed to YouTube by
UMG (on behalf of Motown); SOLAR Music Rights Management, LatinAutorPerf, CMRRA, Sony ATV Publishing, UNIAO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORAS DE MUSICA - UBEM, LatinAutor - SonyATV, and 11 Music Rights Societies

I'm Not In Love (Edit)
Artist
10cc
Writers
Graham Gouldman, Eric Stewart
Licensed to YouTube by
UMG (on behalf of EMI); CMRRA, LatinAutor - SonyATV, BMI - Broadcast Music Inc., Wise Music Group, UNIAO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORAS DE MUSICA - UBEM, AdRev Publishing, EMI Music Publishing, SOLAR Music Rights Management, LatinAutorPerf, and 10 Music Rights Societies

Fooled Around And Fell In Love
Artist
Elvin Bishop
Writers
Elvin Bishop
Licensed to YouTube by
UMG (on behalf of Rebound); UNIAO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORAS DE MUSICA - UBEM, ASCAP, Warner Chappell, LatinAutor - Warner Chappell, ARESA, EMI Music Publishing, LatinAutorPerf, PEDL, and 13 Music Rights Societies

Go All The Way
Artist
Raspberries
Licensed to YouTube by
UMG (on behalf of EMI); PEDL, LatinAutor - SonyATV, BMI - Broadcast Music Inc., LatinAutorPerf, CMRRA, UMPG Publishing, Sony ATV Publishing, Audiam Canada, Audiam (Publishing), UNIAO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORAS DE MUSICA - UBEM, and 14 Music Rights Societies

Full Soundtrack not included in the youtube tracks.

1. "Hooked on a Feeling" Blue Swede 2:52
2. "Go All the Way" Raspberries 3:21
3. "Spirit in the Sky" Norman Greenbaum 4:02
4. "Moonage Daydream" David Bowie 4:41
5. "Fooled Around and Fell in Love" Elvin Bishop 4:35
6. "I'm Not in Love" 10cc 6:03
7. "I Want You Back" The Jackson 5 2:58
8. "Come and Get Your Love" Redbone 3:26
9. "Cherry Bomb" The Runaways 2:17
10. "Escape (The Piña Colada Song)" Rupert Holmes 3:47
11. "O-o-h Child" Five Stairsteps 3:13
12. "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell 2:29

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, We're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Post by Innuendoes »

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

The Planet Rock Years. Today's year is 1974.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Buckeye Randy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:06 amWas having songs on a movie soundtrack a bigger deal in the '80's than it is now? It seems like it was.
It's made a bit of a return recently but it definitely went away for a while.

I still miss how just about every film seemed to have songs written specifically for it in the 80s though. Can't beat all those cheesy 80s slasher movie rock songs :lol:

Buckeye Randy

Post by Buckeye Randy »

Innuendoes wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:51 am I found this one pretty fantastic as well as the movie, too.

1. "Hooked on a Feeling" Blue Swede 2:52
2. "Go All the Way" Raspberries 3:21
3. "Spirit in the Sky" Norman Greenbaum 4:02
4. "Moonage Daydream" David Bowie 4:41
5. "Fooled Around and Fell in Love" Elvin Bishop 4:35
6. "I'm Not in Love" 10cc 6:03
7. "I Want You Back" The Jackson 5 2:58
8. "Come and Get Your Love" Redbone 3:26
9. "Cherry Bomb" The Runaways 2:17
10. "Escape (The Piña Colada Song)" Rupert Holmes 3:47
11. "O-o-h Child" Five Stairsteps 3:13
12. "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell 2:29
Absolutely agree that is a great soundtrack of retro songs.
Leigh Burne wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:19 am
Buckeye Randy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:06 amWas having songs on a movie soundtrack a bigger deal in the '80's than it is now? It seems like it was.
It's made a bit of a return recently but it definitely went away for a while.

I still miss how just about every film seemed to have songs written specifically for it in the 80s though. Can't beat all those cheesy 80s slasher movie rock songs :lol:
Yep, it seemed songs being specifically written for movies was a big deal in the '80's. It didn't start in the 80's because I grew up hearing, "Theme From Mahogany", The Morning After" and "Ben".

The '80's slasher movies always had great songs and so did rock movies like "FM" and "Roadie".