What are you watching/listening or reading?

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Black Wings

Re: What are you watching/listening or reading?

Post by Black Wings »

Savage Garden Superstars and Cannonballs.it's good 8-) .

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Black Wings wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:14 am
the milkman wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:02 am

Hopefully this isn’t the best unreleased song on the upcoming deluxe edition of Sign O’ The Times.
That is jaw dropping it's so good, IMO. Will you be getting the deluxe edition?
It’s already ordered. This one’s going to be the biggest one so far. Eight CDs and one DVD. It still don’t know why they can’t make it Blu-ray.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

the milkman wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:20 am
Black Wings wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:14 am
the milkman wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:02 am

Hopefully this isn’t the best unreleased song on the upcoming deluxe edition of Sign O’ The Times.
That is jaw dropping it's so good, IMO. Will you be getting the deluxe edition?
It’s already ordered. This one’s going to be the biggest one so far. Eight CDs and one DVD. It still don’t know why they can’t make it Blu-ray.
Can you give me/us your thoughts on it after you listen to it? It looks like a nice set.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Rocking out to this tonight since cell I'm by myself...
Pearl Jam Live At The Garden...very good 8-)

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

Frank

Post by Frank »

Listening to David Bowie's debut record and reading the novel "Bowie" by Wendy Leigh. Currently on this track, which is a lovely little ditty:

Buckeye Randy

Post by Buckeye Randy »

Frank wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:24 pm
Listening to David Bowie's debut record and reading the novel "Bowie" by Wendy Leigh. Currently on this track, which is a lovely little ditty:
I don't have the actual debut but I have an anthology from that era. I like some of that early stuff as well, Please Mr Gravedigger, Rubber Band and of course Laughing Gnome.

Watch this and then get on bended knee and thank God for David Bowie meeting Mick Ronson.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=bo ... 2D9558432B

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

INXS at Brixton Academy from 1994.

Sir Didymus

Post by Sir Didymus »

This week, I'm quite heavily focused on the new 4CD/1DVD (and connected 4xLP releases) of the complete The Humans back catalogue.

The Humans were Toyah Willcox, Chris Wong, REM's Bill Rieflin and - occasionally - King Crimson's Robert Fripp. This new release (I have the signed Amazon exclusive) collates their entire output, and comes just a few months after Bill Rieflin's untimely passing.

CD ONE: WE ARE THE HUMANS [2009]
We Are The Humans | Is It Wrong | Twisted Soul | Telekenesis | Quicksilver | Labyrinth | Icarus | Noise In Your Head | This Belongs To You | Demigod
BONUS TRACKS: These Boots Are Made for Walkin' | We Are The Humans [Home Demo] | Twisted Soul [Home Demo] | Icarus [Home Demo]

CD TWO: SUGAR RUSH [2011]
Titanium Girl | Love in a Different Way | Sea of Size | Pebble | Small Town Psychopath | Sweet Agitation | Playing in the Dark | Snow at 10.23 | Sugar Rush | This Reasoning | Fragment Pool | Put a Woman on the Moon
BONUS TRACK: Small Town Psychopath [Full Mix Version]

CD THREE: STRANGE TALES [2014]
Slow Descent | She's Fast | Get In Your Car | Amnesia | Bedhead | Improbable Thing | Sleep Tight
BONUS TRACK: 21st Century Schizoid Man

CD FOUR: LIVE AT SCALA, LONDON
Demigod | Is it Wrong | Twisted Soul | Fragment Pool | Sugar Rush | Sweet Agitation | Labyrinth | Icarus | Noise in Your Head | Telekinesis | Sweet Agitation | Put a Woman on the Moon | We Are the Humans | This Belongs to You | These Boots Are Made for Walkin' | Purple Haze

DVD: LIVE AT TRADING BOUNDARIES
Sugar Rush | Titanium Girl | Get in Your Car | Labyrinth | Amnesia | Small Town Psychopath | Telekinesis | Fragment Pool | These Boots Are Made for Walkin' | Bedhead | Is It Wrong | Quicksilver | Sleep Tight | She's Fast | Pebble | Slow Descent | Improbably Thing | Twisted Soul | Put a Woman on the Moon | Demigod
MUSIC VIDEOS: We Are the Humans | Quicksilver | These Boots Are Made for Walkin' | Sea of Size

THE HUMANS ARE:
Toyah Willcox - Vocals, Loops, Percussion
Chris Wong - Bass Guitar, Organ, Humming, Voice (except Home Demos & '21st Century Schizoid Man')
Bill Rieflin - Percussion, Organ, Drums, Handclaps, Bass, Bass Synth, Humming, Voice (except Home Demos)
Robert Fripp - Guitars (CD1, CD2, CD4 only)