What are you watching/listening or reading?

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Buckeye Randy

Re: What are you watching/listening or reading?

Post by Buckeye Randy »

This song (This Forgotten Town) from the new release by The Jayhawks compares with some of their strongest material. I always liked their harmonies and even down a member they sound good.

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, You're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Post by Innuendoes »

Buckeye Randy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:44 am This song (This Forgotten Town) from the new release by The Jayhawks compares with some of their strongest material. I always liked their harmonies and even down a member they sound good.
I like this. Playing a live version.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Nice, thanks for sharing those, Buckeye Randy and Innuendoes. Nice way to start my day.

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, You're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Post by Innuendoes »

Frank wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:55 pm Nice, thanks for sharing those, Buckeye Randy and Innuendoes. Nice way to start my day.
You're welcome. I hope you are feeling better. I know your post in another section got buried real fast and by the time I had to go look for it, it was gone. :(

Frank

Post by Frank »

Innuendoes wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:02 pm
Frank wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:55 pm Nice, thanks for sharing those, Buckeye Randy and Innuendoes. Nice way to start my day.
You're welcome. I hope you are feeling better. I know your post in another section got buried real fast and by the time I had to go look for it, it was gone. :(
Yeah, I was having some anxiety that I felt embarrassed about so I decided to delete it. I am feeling better now though. Thanks!

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Buckeye Randy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:44 am This song (This Forgotten Town) from the new release by The Jayhawks compares with some of their strongest material. I always liked their harmonies and even down a member they sound good.

I have Hollywood Town Hall, Tomorrow The Green Grass, and Sound Of Lies but they’ve never really clicked with me. I like them but I feel I should love them.

Giving this new one a spin now and I’m really digging This Forgotten Town.

Buckeye Randy

Post by Buckeye Randy »

the milkman wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:41 pm I have Hollywood Town Hall, Tomorrow The Green Grass, and Sound Of Lies but they’ve never really clicked with me. I like them but I feel I should love them.

Giving this new one a spin now and I’m really digging This Forgotten Town.
I don’t think they have a ‘complete’ album but I think the some of the stuff on Tomorrow The Green Grass is really good. I agree the new one is really interesting especially considering the line-up.

Enjoy!

Sir Didymus

Post by Sir Didymus »

A collection of home acoustic sessions recorded in isolation during the UK lockdown period by that big famous band from my home town...

ELBOWROOMS - elbow [2020]

01. Weightless
02. Great Expectations
03. Fugitive Motel
04. Scattered Black and Whites
05. Mirrorball
06. Magnificent (She Says)
07. Puncture Repair
08. Dear Friends
09. Lippy Kids

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

I've misplaced the book I was reading, so I'm about to start this one tonight...
Holly Robinson Down The Rabbit Hole.

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »