What are you watching/listening or reading?

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Black Wings

Re: What are you watching/listening or reading?

Post by Black Wings »

the milkman wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:13 pm
Black Wings wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:06 am
the milkman wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:02 am

Started it in April and it’s out today. Damn, it’s a really good one too.
You heard it already? If so, I'm :mrgreen: .
I’ve listened to it several times. It’s a beautiful laid back record. Easily my favorite album of hers but I’m a huge National fan. This thing is getting crazy good reviews.
I'm amazed she managed to keep it so secret . I'm glad you like it, I hope I will too. I think it will be music I have to be in the right mood to listen to it.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

A teenage lesbian folk song. She’s writing about some real shit on this one.

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, You're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Post by Innuendoes »

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

the milkman wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:54 pm

A teenage lesbian folk song. She’s writing about some real shit on this one.
.That is stunning. Wow.

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, You're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Post by Innuendoes »

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Frank wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:41 pm
the milkman wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:36 pm
Frank wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:29 pm I might argue this is the best thing they've recorded since the Black album.
That was their best album since the Black album.
Agreed. The album's production is crystal clear and the songwriting is some of their strongest ever. My only issue with the album is its length. The second half gets a little winded, if you know what I mean. Still, it's a great return to form and right up there with the Black album (still can't touch Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets though).
I’m a big fan of Justice too.

Frank

Post by Frank »

the milkman wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:52 pm
the milkman wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:36 pm

That was their best album since the Black album.
Agreed. The album's production is crystal clear and the songwriting is some of their strongest ever. My only issue with the album is its length. The second half gets a little winded, if you know what I mean. Still, it's a great return to form and right up there with the Black album (still can't touch Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets though).
You might not agree with me but I've never been able to get over the awful production. That album desperately needed bass. I often wonder how Cliff would have felt if the next Metallica album didn't have bass. The songs are great though (Harvester of Sorrow is a stone cold classic).

Sounds better this way...I've been hoping the band would do something official, but I don't think we should hold our breath.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Frank wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:14 pm
the milkman wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:52 pm

You might not agree with me but I've never been able to get over the awful production. That album desperately needed bass. I often wonder how Cliff would have felt if the next Metallica album didn't have bass. The songs are great though (Harvester of Sorrow is a stone cold classic).

Sounds better this way...I've been hoping the band would do something official, but I don't think we should hold our breath.

To be honest, I never noticed the production until years later after people started bitching about it. It’s a great album as is IMO but I would like to hear it with more bass. Death Magnetic’s production was shit! I can’t even listen to that one.
Last edited by the milkman on Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fairydandy

Post by fairydandy »

I was never really a fan of Elvis, but I really do admire him these days. The man simply defined charisma. That's a thing 'some' singers will never have. ;)