What are you watching/listening or reading?

Other music, TV, films and general interest
the milkman

Re: What are you watching/listening or reading?

Post by the milkman »

the milkman wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:36 pm I honestly think I like Death Magnetic better than Hardwired now. St. Anger is supposed to be mastered for iTunes as well so I’m going to give that one another shot. Maybe I’ll like something that I didn’t back in 2003.

Well that didn’t work, still hate that album.

Frank

Post by Frank »

the milkman wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:42 pm
the milkman wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:36 pm I honestly think I like Death Magnetic better than Hardwired now. St. Anger is supposed to be mastered for iTunes as well so I’m going to give that one another shot. Maybe I’ll like something that I didn’t back in 2003.

Well that didn’t work, still hate that album.
Lol

Ah well. I still think it's a killer album.

Buckeye Randy

Post by Buckeye Randy »

There is a fun band named Low Cut Connie and they will have a new album coming out soon. Here is one of their songs from a few years back.

There are tons of these R&B based bands that fly under the radar of the general public; J Roddy Walston and the Business, Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats, Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears, T-Bird and the Breaks, Huey 'Piano' Smith...on and on...

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Watching the live streaming of the NASA undocking of the Space X dragon vehicle from the International Space Station — will splash down in the Gulf of Mexico on Sunday, August 2 at 2:38 pm EDT.

http://www.google.com/amp/s/www.space.c ... -live.html

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

carolb57 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:54 pm Watching the live streaming of the NASA undocking of the Space X dragon vehicle from the International Space Station — will splash down in the Gulf of Mexico on Sunday, August 2 at 2:38 pm EDT.

http://www.google.com/amp/s/www.space.c ... -live.html
This has been so cool to watch LIVE !!!

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, You're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Post by Innuendoes »

Buckeye Randy

Post by Buckeye Randy »

Great song of an epic battle.

I don't know if drummer Jim Gordon was with Traffic for that track (I'm too lazy to look it up). Regardless, Jim Gordon's story is one of the sadder stories in rock and if there was a top ten for saddest stories in rock, Jim Gordon would be there. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Gordon_(musician)

The Dictators immortalized him with their song, "Jim Gordon Blues".

DFFD!
(Dictators Forever, Forever Dictators!)

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, You're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Post by Innuendoes »

Buckeye Randy wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:20 am Great song of an epic battle.

I don't know if drummer Jim Gordon was with Traffic for that track (I'm too lazy to look it up). Regardless, Jim Gordon's story is one of the sadder stories in rock and if there was a top ten for saddest stories in rock, Jim Gordon would be there. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Gordon_(musician)

The Dictators immortalized him with their song, "Jim Gordon Blues".

DFFD!
(Dictators Forever, Forever Dictators!)
Goodness sakes, his credits list is a mile and a half long! :shock:

Buckeye Randy

Post by Buckeye Randy »

Innuendoes wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:16 am Goodness sakes, his credits list is a mile and a half long! :shock:

Even though Jim is consistently denied parole and will most likely live out his life in a state psychiatric ward, he's a millionaire due to royalties.