Adam Lambert

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Nicki

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by Nicki »

Here is a video of the 3 Queen songs from Adam’s set last night:
Stone Cold Crazy, Dragon Attack and Another One Bites the Dust. It’s not the best video quality, but it’s the 3 Queen songs in 1 video and I really enjoyed hearing these songs live again. Especially since SCC and DA hadn’t been on the QAL setlist for a while either.
When Adam announced that he was singing Queen songs and started with SCC, I wondered, how well the casual Las Vegas audience knows Queen‘s back catalogue. :lol:

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Ring of Fire by Adam (1st show)

I think it’s the first time Adam sang it live since American Idol, when Simon Cowell commented that a lot of people had thrown their TV out of the window, because that performance had been so awful. :lol:

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Blue is not his friend right now. All I could think of was Violet from Willy Wonka. When does the tour with Brian and Roger start back up? He needs to get in shape.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Adam’s Halloween costume was stunning! Even more so, because he must have done most of it by himself. The boots and vest he has worn before, but in beige color and without all the seashells ect. He must have worked loooong on it. No wonder, he did call himself Mister Gluegun in one more recent interview. He even added prosthetics to his face and ears. :D

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

@the milkman
The QAL Tour is supposed to start in May, Adam just finished his mini residency in Las Vegas with 6 shows. The second to last on Friday was live streamed worldwide and it was excellent! Adam’s voice sounded better than ever (if that’s even possible). Maybe the bigger body gives his voice even better resonance. 8-)
I can assure you, that his shape is good enough to sing 1.5 hours nonstop on the highest level.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Some videos in fantastic quality from Adam’s last shows on Friday and Saturday in Las Vegas:

Ghost Town

A new old live gem (from the old Trespassing album). Underneath

Intro and For Your Entertainment

Medley of Runnin‘- Chokehold and Sleepwalker (I just love Runnin! )

These fans have posted complete concerts, so if you’re interested, check out their videos.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Nicki wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:16 pm @the milkman
The QAL Tour is supposed to start in May, Adam just finished his mini residency in Las Vegas with 6 shows. The second to last on Friday was live streamed worldwide and it was excellent! Adam’s voice sounded better than ever (if that’s even possible). Maybe the bigger body gives his voice even better resonance. 8-)
I can assure you, that his shape is good enough to sing 1.5 hours nonstop on the highest level.
IMHO he’s always looked awkward dancing but he really looked awkward in some of the videos from Vegas. A few of the members here used to talk about how stiff and forced his dance moves were and I agree.. The larger body makes this a tad bit more obvious. Of course the Frankenstein boots didn’t help but the gurl has put on the Quarantine 15, the Delta 20, and a few more just for the hell of it.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Well, I have no idea, how much he really put on, but in general I agree. The dancing is better without the biggest boots he could find, so K was glad that he at least changed that after the first show for the second part of the concert. Of course it would still look better in a slimmer body.
But it’s his body and I can only wait and see. After all, he’s a singer and not a model. ;)

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Nicki wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:10 pm Well, I have no idea, how much he really put on, but in general I agree. The dancing is better without the biggest boots he could find, so K was glad that he at least changed that after the first show for the second part of the concert. Of course it would still look better in a slimmer body.
But it’s his body and I can only wait and see. After all, he’s a singer and not a model. ;)
How did the concerts sell? I saw a few available the day of the shows but it looks like that’s happening to a lot of the Vegas shows.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

the milkman wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:15 pm
How did the concerts sell? I saw a few available the day of the shows but it looks like that’s happening to a lot of the Vegas shows.
They sold very well. In the first show, that was added much later, there had been some more empty seats. The rest was sold out or close to from what fans said. The theater looked full in the live stream. But I know that quite a few fans had difficulties to resell their tickets after they found out that they still can’t travel to the US or didn’t want to attend due to the pandemic.