Adam Lambert

Other music, TV, films and general interest
whitequeen20

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by whitequeen20 »

midnight sky wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:51 am Apparently the pilot with Kelly Osbourne is called Clash Of The Cover bands.
So a guy who appeared on a reality singing show, has sang mainly cover songs for years now, will apparently take part in a pilot of maybe judging cover bands. Yep, he's still in the box of reality TV and cover songs, can't tell me any different.
So what, being a judge is not the same as being a contestant, hasn't done Simon Cowell any harm being a reality show judge for the majority of his career.

He sings plenty of his own songs as well hence the online concert for Velvet, he would have been touring them and doing plenty shows singing them for promo had it not been for the pandemic, he has the luxury of doing both and being in demand to sing covers for special events like the Bowie, Elvis tribute etc.

Adam likes to work and likes to do varied things, he's sociable and likes to do TV so why shouldn't he be a judge on TV shows or any other thing that comes up if it sounds like fun to him. He's working with Kelly who he's good friends with, probably having a laugh while working and will soon be doing the same in the UK on another show, all the while writing a musical, voicing a recurring character in a netflix show etc so I'd say he very much does a bit of everything.

You claim he'll have a tough road after the QAL thing ends yet say he shouldn't take work he gets offered unless it fits with your view of what he should be doing, sounds to me he'd have a very tough road if he took your advice. Luckily he knows how to manage his career so I'm predicting he'll have no problem getting work after QAL.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

whitequeen20 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:40 am
midnight sky wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:51 am Apparently the pilot with Kelly Osbourne is called Clash Of The Cover bands.
So a guy who appeared on a reality singing show, has sang mainly cover songs for years now, will apparently take part in a pilot of maybe judging cover bands. Yep, he's still in the box of reality TV and cover songs, can't tell me any different.
So what, being a judge is not the same as being a contestant, hasn't done Simon Cowell any harm being a reality show judge for the majority of his career.

He sings plenty of his own songs as well hence the online concert for Velvet, he would have been touring them and doing plenty shows singing them for promo had it not been for the pandemic, he has the luxury of doing both and being in demand to sing covers for special events like the Bowie, Elvis tribute etc.

Adam likes to work and likes to do varied things, he's sociable and likes to do TV so why shouldn't he be a judge on TV shows or any other thing that comes up if it sounds like fun to him. He's working with Kelly who he's good friends with, probably having a laugh while working and will soon be doing the same in the UK on another show, all the while writing a musical, voicing a recurring character in a netflix show etc so I'd say he very much does a bit of everything.

You claim he'll have a tough road after the QAL thing ends yet say he shouldn't take work he gets offered unless it fits with your view of what he should be doing, sounds to me he'd have a very tough road if he took your advice. Luckily he knows how to manage his career so I'm predicting he'll have no problem getting work after QAL.
Yea, I don't need a history of what he has done, I'm obviously well aware of it.
Read what I actually posted. Where did I say he shouldn't take work? What he has done and apparently will do here, is nothing hardly anything new. I don't think tv or even streaming services needs another reality type show of people singing covers and people being judged for it.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Yes, his Velvet album doesn’t have any covers on it. His planned tour starting in Vegas would have been very successful! He is keeping himself out there in a variety of ways during this pandemic just like everyone else!

Watch him on the Kelly Clarkson Show on January 21 and on his birthday show from the Roxy Theater on January 29.

Ray

Post by Ray »

midnight sky wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:31 pm I don't think tv or even streaming services needs another reality type show of people singing covers and people being judged for it.
They wouldn't do more of those, if people wouldn't watch them. I often ask myself why there are so many shows like that or other shows I don't like...that's the answer. Who thought people wanted to see intoxicated Ozzy and his family at home...turned out, a lot did. ;)

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Ray wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:30 pm
midnight sky wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:31 pm I don't think tv or even streaming services needs another reality type show of people singing covers and people being judged for it.
They wouldn't do more of those, if people wouldn't watch them. I often ask myself why there are so many shows like that or other shows I don't like...that's the answer. Who thought people wanted to see intoxicated Ozzy and his family at home...turned out, a lot did. ;)
I for one don't watch those type of shows, it's gone well past it sell by date in my opinion. This show could be a heck of alot more interesting if the contestants played their own music in my opinion. But no, apparently it's being judged on cover songs. Nothing new.
As for The Osbourne's, I would rather watch them than let's say the Kardashian's.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

carolb57 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:08 pm

Yes, his Velvet album doesn’t have any covers on it. His planned tour starting in Vegas would have been very successful! He is keeping himself out there in a variety of ways during this pandemic just like everyone else!

Watch him on the Kelly Clarkson Show on January 21 and on his birthday show from the Roxy Theater on January 29.
Who knows if his Velvet tour would have been very successful?

Ray

Post by Ray »

midnight sky wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:37 pm
I for one don't watch those type of shows, it's gone well past it sell by date in my opinion. This show could be a heck of alot more interesting if the contestants played their own music in my opinion. But no, apparently it's being judged on cover songs. Nothing new.
As for The Osbourne's, I would rather watch them than let's say the Kardashian's.
I think also it would be way more interesting with contestants bringing their own music, but the usual audience wants to hear something familiar I guess, otherwise it's too "new" and they have to listen more. Also, it's quite different to judge a contestant if you know the song or not. With a cover you always have something to compare it to, and I think the audience (and probably also most judges) want that. Those shows aren't about being something new, but simply about being entertaining.

I'd watch neither The Osbournes, nor the Kardashians...fortunately the latter aren't really known here in Europe (just the name), though we have similiar reality crap here too...but it doesn't get that "famous" or talked about as in America. As a fan of Black Sabbath, I rather not watch Ozzy at his most unflattering...some things I've seen were funny, but most is just embarrassing and imo shouldn't be shown on TV. :lol:

They should rather release some old Sabbath concerts on DVD...but again, people rather watch intoxicated Ozzy being dumb and embarrassing at home than seeing him at his best on stage with good music...that's how it is, unfortunately. ;)

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Ray wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:54 pm
midnight sky wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:37 pm

I think also it would be way more interesting with contestants bringing their own music, but the usual audience wants to hear something familiar I guess, otherwise it's too "new" and they have to listen more. Also, it's quite different to judge a contestant if you know the song or not. With a cover you always have something to compare it to, and I think the audience (and probably also most judges) want that. Those shows aren't about being something new, but simply about being entertaining.

I'd watch neither The Osbournes, nor the Kardashians...fortunately the latter aren't really known here in Europe (just the name), though we have similiar reality crap here too...but it doesn't get that "famous" or talked about as in America. As a fan of Black Sabbath, I rather not watch Ozzy at his most unflattering...some things I've seen were funny, but most is just embarrassing and imo shouldn't be shown on TV. :lol:

They should rather release some old Sabbath concerts on DVD...but again, people rather watch intoxicated Ozzy being dumb and embarrassing at home than seeing him at his best on stage with good music...that's how it is, unfortunately. ;)
I don't know where you are, but there is far too much of reality talent shows in my opinion. It's been years since I last watched any of them. The Voice had promise, but even there, it's not about the contestants.
I really don't like the idea of another reality show being judged on cover songs. I wish there was a new take on it, such as the contestants singing their own music.
I loathe the Kardashians. I never thought much of them, but they turned my stomach when the went on vacation/s during the pandemic.
Ozzy is far from perfect, but I think it's amazing how he let another side of him show. I have much respect for him.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

I enjoyed watching part of a 2005 Eagles concert in Melbourne on AXS TV last night. Those guys were so multi talented in singing, playing and writing their original music!

Ray

Post by Ray »

midnight sky wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:02 pm I don't know where you are, but there is far too much of reality talent shows in my opinion. It's been years since I last watched any of them. The Voice had promise, but even there, it's not about the contestants.
I really don't like the idea of another reality show being judged on cover songs. I wish there was a new take on it, such as the contestants singing their own music.
I loathe the Kardashians. I never thought much of them, but they turned my stomach when the went on vacation/s during the pandemic.
Ozzy is far from perfect, but I think it's amazing how he let another side of him show. I have much respect for him.
Munich, Germany. Our TV programm sucks for the most part, either shows like that, very crappy bad acted "reality" TV or dozens of cooking shows. :roll:
I rarely watch TV anymore. Only thing that would interest me there are movies and some TV series anyways, but WITHOUT commercials every 20 min. and in good quality, so I have Blu-rays and DVDs instead, way better in every sense.

The thing with the covers is - music is 95% subjective anyways, so the judges need something they can relate to, familiar songs. If someone comes with his own song, they can't relate that to anything. The contestant can always say that's 100% the way he intended the song to sound. It's harder to critizise not only a performer, but also a songwriter. Especially since often enough, those judges maybe had success in music, but aren't really that talented themselves...success doesn't necessarily mean quality. Also, most of the audience rather listens to familiar stuff. But I agree with you, it would be more interesting with own songs.

Oh right, I remember hearing about one Kardahsian posting something about going to an island during Corona and "finally having normality back" or some shit like that...only shows how far those people are away from normality. But...again, they have a huge audience who care for them...for whatever reason.

I like Ozzy, he seems a funny guy in interviews and I appreciate what he contributed to Metal, but let's be honest - the guy was intoxicated for decades with all kinds of drugs, he probably doesn't even remember half of what he did, and that's visible on The Osbournes. It's really not the side of him that I want to see. Also, like most other things he has done in decades, it seems to have been all decided by Sharon to make more and more money. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even realize back then he was on a TV show. :lol:

Back to Adam...I hope he finds what he's looking for in music. Though he became famous through a talent show, I hope he can acchieve more in music than just return to that and basically wasting his time shutting 99% of the contestants down. If he does it for fun (and of course money) for a little time, okay, but I think he still hasn't found his own identity musically speaking. Singing for Queen is a once in a lifetime chance that he HAD to take, but it won't last forever obviously. I know his albums so far have lots of fans and maybe he can continue successful that way in the future on his own...I just think he is capable of more than just doing the usual pop album, especially with that extraordanary voice. But he seems happy doing what he does, so that's most important.