Adam Lambert

Other music, TV, films and general interest
the milkman

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by the milkman »

Nicki wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:55 pm @the milkman
Well Adam did gain weight during lockdown and he doesn’t really seem to be in a rush to get back to his former body shape. It’s been like this for a year or so. In a couple of weeks he will play his concerts in Las Vegas. I‘m curious about these concerts. And Adam’s looks and costums.

Adam at Global Citizen in LA last weekend:

Interview

A duet with Deni Lovato on Mad World

Superpower
Expect a lot of black and dark colors. I don't know why people wear black to make them look slimmer. I guess it does but when that's all you wear everybody knows why you're doing it. To me it makes you seem like you have an even bigger issue with your body. Just get back in the gym and cut back on the food. I'm sure he has an excellent gym in his house so I don't understand it. I only workout four or five times a week and I've already lost all of my lockdown weight.

If he's happy that's all that matters, but we all know his weight used to bother him.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

the milkman wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:35 pm Expect a lot of black and dark colors. I don't know why people wear black to make them look slimmer. I guess it does but when that's all you wear everybody knows why you're doing it. To me it makes you seem like you have an even bigger issue with your body. Just get back in the gym and cut back on the food. I'm sure he has an excellent gym in his house so I don't understand it. I only workout four or five times a week and I've already lost all of my lockdown weight.

If he's happy that's all that matters, but we all know his weight used to bother him.
Good for you, that you got rid of your lockdown weight. I‘m still working on it, but I only got up my ass a bit over a month ago. Finally. ;) Slowly but surely I‘m now back in a better shape. :D

As for Adam: Yes, his weight used to bother him. But he seems to belong to those people, who gain weight very easily. This in combination with a guy, who doesn’t really like to work out, makes it even harder.
When Adam was in his best shape in 2015, he even had a personal trainer on the QAL tour with him. Exercising, great nutrition ect. Adam said, he loved his body at the time, but he hated the work to get there. I don’t think, he will do it again.

But wait and see. At the moment he seems to be happy in his private life. Let’s see, how it will go, when he really has to go back in the saddle and on tour with QAL. In any case he will need to get into a great condition before that.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Nicki wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:11 pm
the milkman wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:35 pm Expect a lot of black and dark colors. I don't know why people wear black to make them look slimmer. I guess it does but when that's all you wear everybody knows why you're doing it. To me it makes you seem like you have an even bigger issue with your body. Just get back in the gym and cut back on the food. I'm sure he has an excellent gym in his house so I don't understand it. I only workout four or five times a week and I've already lost all of my lockdown weight.

Good for you, that you got rid of your lockdown weight. I‘m still working on it, but I only got up my ass a bit over a month ago. Finally. ;) Slowly but surely I‘m now back in a better shape. :D

As for Adam: Yes, his weight used to bother him. But he seems to belong to those people, who gain weight very easily. This in combination with a guy, who doesn’t really like to work out, makes it even harder.
When Adam was in his best shape in 2015, he even had a personal trainer on the QAL tour with him. Exercising, great nutrition ect. Adam said, he loved his body at the time, but he hated the work to get there. I don’t think, he will do it again.

But wait and see. At the moment he seems to be happy in his private life. Let’s see, how it will go, when he really has to go back in the saddle and on tour with QAL. In any case he will need to get into a great condition before that.
LOL, I just started back in July. I missed a whole year and sometimes I'm still a little hesitant to work out. I don't like doing it and when there are too many people in the gym it's a smart and easy excuse not to do it. I try to go when it's dead and I always stay six feet apart. I also clean the machines before and after I use them.

Glad you are getting back in shape, hopefully it will make our immune system stronger.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

the milkman wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:28 pm
Glad you are getting back in shape, hopefully it will make our immune system stronger.
Thanks, and yours too!

Although, not to get me wrong: I‘m not in THAT bad of a shape. :lol:

I‘ve always done sports, up to every day of the week: athletics, handball and football (soccer) - in my teens all at the same time with different training every day. That was too much , so I scratched handball and later athletics too (at least as an athlete- I started to become a trainer). Because I played football in a great team. At age 16 I was on the edge to play in Germanys First League (Bundesliga) for women, but decided against it after 2 or 3 exercises with the women team (I did come from their youth team). The trainer wasn‘t happy, but I decided to keep it as just a hobby and chose the second team. There I played for another 8 years until I decided that getting up every weekend for a game wasn’t no longer my thing... :D

So I went back to athletics. My best achievement here as an adult was doing an „Everyone’s Decathlon“. After having been second best in Berlin Championship at age 11-13, that wasn‘t too bad at 28.

Fast forward, I‘m still a trainer for athletics and therefore also teaching sports in 3 classes at my school (aside from maths, german and science). Just today I gave 4 lessons of sport.
After lockdown, I want to get back in shape from some years ago, to being able to do another Decathlon and throw the javelin to the 30 meter mark. Let’s see, how that works.
(But I guess, I won’t finish the 1500 m-run. That’s not for me, never has been. And I HATE the gym, actually never really been there. I know, how to exercise without that.)

So yeah, I‘ve probably spent more time doing sports in my life than I‘ve listened to music. Very different from Adam, to come back to the topic. :lol:

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

WOW, I'm impressed!

I haven't played sports in years but I'm still pretty active. I joined a gym 11 years ago and I go several times a week. During lockdown I put on 20 pounds I almost hit 200 pounds. I'm back down to 180 now but I would like to be 175. Those 5 pounds are a real pain in the ass to lose. I'm lifting more weights now so I am gaining more muscle and that's probably why I'm not losing those 5 pounds. I couldn't do the gym thing without music. I put in my Airpods and slip into my own little world. :lol:

Keep up the good work and take care.
Last edited by the milkman on Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

@the milkman
20 pounds less is great! It’s almost 10 pounds for me in 1,5 months. I‘m almost back.
If you’re really gaining a lot of muscles than it’s hard to lose more weight. Muscles are outweighing the fat by a lot. Good luck with that!

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Some fun with Adam tonight on The Ellen Show in the USA: He was asked to sing Tweets by other celebrities in different music styles. Here’s a sneak peek. :lol:

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Here is the full video of Adam’s interview and him playing a singing game on The Ellen Show.He was promoting his new show „Clash of the Coverbands“ and his Las Vegas Shows.
I like what he said as a judge to that Rock Band. And him singing these tweets is hilarious.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Adam is just now playing his first real concert since february 2020. He sounds fantastic and so far the setlist is Full of REAL surprises. If anybody is up and interested, you can listen to this live stream from Las Vegas: https://mixlr.com/sandyrk/

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Okay, the 1st show is done. I really enjoyed listening to it, even at 5 am in Europe. The setlist is really good, balanced with lots of surprises. Stone Cold Crazy!? Who would have thought to hear that one at an Adam solo show?
I‘m too lazy at this time to write down the setlist, so here is just a tweet with it for all you curious people.