Adam Lambert

Other music, TV, films and general interest
midnight sky

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by midnight sky »

Nicki wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:28 am Good Morning!
So I just watched Adam‘s Starman performance, after following the rest of the performances during the night on twitter until I fell asleep...

I really like it. :D
Adam in full glamrock mode, doing what he loves and his voice fits the song. The whole Bowie Celebration was done really well! Makes me miss concerts even more. :(

I‘m linking this tweet, because I like the picture. :D
I do feel bad for saying this, but I didn't like his performance all that much. It really didn't come together for me.
As for the tweet, I don't think it's ( fan tweets that is ) are allowed in this thread anymore.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Nicki wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:28 am Good Morning!
So I just watched Adam‘s Starman performance, after following the rest of the performances during the night on twitter until I fell asleep...

I really like it. :D
Adam in full glamrock mode, doing what he loves and his voice fits the song. The whole Bowie Celebration was done really well! Makes me miss concerts even more. :(

I‘m linking this tweet, because I like the picture. :D
I liked that Adam was close up to the camera. Most of the other performers were far away and hard to see, like Joe Elliott and Boy George. Garson is one heck of a pianist. I, too, thought it was well done. Adam was very creative in making himself up as the sparkly starman from outer space.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

midnight sky wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:16 am I do feel bad for saying this, but I didn't like his performance all that much. It really didn't come together for me.
As for the tweet, I don't think it's ( fan tweets that is ) are allowed in this thread anymore.
From what I read on Twitter, the Bowie fans there really likes Adam’s performance. Especially that he put the effort into it to put on all the make-up.

About the tweet: I linked it, because of the picture, not what was written there. If that’s not allowed, then I can’t bring most pics over. I decided not to post the performance yet, because it’s still online and people are supposed to pay to see it.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Nicki wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:12 pm
midnight sky wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:16 am I do feel bad for saying this, but I didn't like his performance all that much. It really didn't come together for me.
From what I read on Twitter, the Bowie fans there really likes Adam’s performance. Especially that he put the effort into it to put on all the make-up.

About the tweet: I linked it, because of the picture, not what was written there. If that’s not allowed, then I can’t bring most pics over. I decided not to post the performance yet, because it’s still online and people are supposed to pay to see it.
And I'm a Bowie fan who wasn't impressed by the performance or his make up. ;)
One thing I can't tell if he sang live or not, I'd watch it again, but I have a sleeping kid next to me. Do you know if it was live or prerecorded?
I think one pic of AL is enough, it's now known how he looked during it.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

midnight sky wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:26 pm

One thing I can't tell if he sang live or not, I'd watch it again, but I have a sleeping kid next to me. Do you know if it was live or prerecorded?
I was talking in general, no plan to bring more pics from this performance.

Adam’s performance was prerecorded. I only saw a few snippets and pictures from the other artists. I think they all recorded their parts and then that was virtually included into Bowie’s live band. I don’t think anything was really live. But maybe I‘m wrong.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Nicki wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:33 pm
midnight sky wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:26 pm

I was talking in general, no plan to bring more pics from this performance.

Adam’s performance was prerecorded. I only saw a few snippets and pictures from the other artists. I think they all recorded their parts and then that was virtually included into Bowie’s live band. I don’t think anything was really live. But maybe I‘m wrong.

You might know the answer to this, do you know when he did his part?

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

midnight sky wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:35 pm
No. My guess would be around the same time, he recorded the musical, because the sides of his head had been shaved at the time as well. Most likely in December. But that’s really just a guess.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Nicki wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:44 pm
No. My guess would be around the same time, he recorded the musical, because the sides of his head had been shaved at the time as well. Most likely in December. But that’s really just a guess.
I don't much about his hair styles, but ok :lol:

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

midnight sky wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:55 pm
Nicki wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:44 pm
I don't much about his hair styles, but ok :lol:
Adam‘s hair styles and colors are just the way for me to tell, when or where a picture was taken, since it changes constantly. Also, I don’t like the look with the sides shaved, so I notice that even more. :lol:

Something that’s impossible with Brian. :D

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

A recap from the British „Metro“(I posted the link in the Bowie thread as well).
https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/10/david-bo ... ssion=true

It sounds as if the author of that recap really enjoyed Adam’s „Starman“. I quoted the part about Adam, the whole article is much longer.

Adam Lambert is a Starman and Yungblud gets emotional as stars team up for powerful David Bowie celebration

Stars including Adam Lambert, Duran Duran and Yungblud came together for a stunning tribute to David Bowie on the fifth anniversary of his death.

Presented by pianist Mike Garson, Bowie’s longest-standing band member, A Bowie Celebration honoured some of the music legend’s most beloved and enduring songs with a three-hour concert.

The setlist not only boasted some of the greatest rock and pop songs of all time, but an all-star roster of performers, as acclaimed musicians covered Bowie’s greatest hits, backed by Garson and a live band – with every one of Bowie’s studio albums represented by at least one alumni band member.

Queen frontman Adam Lambert provided one of the standout moments of the night, performing a theatrical version of the classic song Starman.

Dressed in teal satin and sparkling silver jewellery, the 38-year-old went all out with glittering eye make-up and green lipstick as he brought his powerhouse vocals for a glam rock inspired rendition of the 1969 song. (...)

It includes this video of Adam’s performance, so I think it’s okay to post it here now.