Adam Lambert

Other music, TV, films and general interest
AngelR

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by AngelR »

the milkman wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:02 pm
Nicki wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:16 pm @the milkman
The QAL Tour is supposed to start in May, Adam just finished his mini residency in Las Vegas with 6 shows. The second to last on Friday was live streamed worldwide and it was excellent! Adam’s voice sounded better than ever (if that’s even possible). Maybe the bigger body gives his voice even better resonance. 8-)
I can assure you, that his shape is good enough to sing 1.5 hours nonstop on the highest level.
IMHO he’s always looked awkward dancing but he really looked awkward in some of the videos from Vegas. A few of the members here used to talk about how stiff and forced his dance moves were and I agree.. The larger body makes this a tad bit more obvious. Of course the Frankenstein boots didn’t help but the gurl has put on the Quarantine 15, the Delta 20, and a few more just for the hell of it.
Hi, Milkman. Can you believe I completely agree with you about Adam in Vegas?! He did look awkward. I didn’t like his bulky outfits at all and those boots made him look even bigger!
Adam can dance and act though, he definitely wasn’t stiff when I saw him in concerts before. He’s unique vocalist and doesn’t need to dance at all to mesmerise the crowd.
Hopefully he will start getting himself into a healthy shape before the upcoming tour with Queen. I’m really looking forward to the tour, might be their last one🥲

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

I‘m glad, that my enjoyment of a QAL show won‘t depend on Adam’s body mass.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

These are interview snippets from the upcoming „Family Singalong Special“ to celebrate 50 years of Queen (Thursday on ABC). I post it here and not in the Queen section, because only Adam is talking here.

AngelR

Post by AngelR »

Nicki wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:06 pm I‘m glad, that my enjoyment of a QAL show won‘t depend on Adam’s body mass.
Good for you….Adam’s image is extremely important part of his performance though. QAL show will be spoiled for 1000s of fans if Adam would move the way he did in Vegas wearing chunky boots and oversized tents.
I’ve also got tickets to see QAL next year, by the way! 😀

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

AngelR wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:31 pm
Nicki wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:06 pm I‘m glad, that my enjoyment of a QAL show won‘t depend on Adam’s body mass.
Good for you….Adam’s image is extremely important part of his performance though. QAL show will be spoiled for 1000s of fans if Adam would move the way he did in Vegas wearing chunky boots and oversized tents.
Okay. I mean, I also prefer a slimmer version of Adam. But I‘ve expected, he would care about that for a year now and he didn’t. Not even for his own Vegas shows or the TV shows he’s in. So I wouldn’t hold my breath, that he will lose weight before QAL.
You can get used to it. ;) But yeah, I fear the reaction by those Queen fans, who won’t have seen Adam for 2 years.

Here is a video from Adam’s last Vegas show of Dragon Attack and AOBTD. IMO, the dancing looks much better than in the first show, of which I posted a video about 2 weeks ago. It have been almost 2 years without live shows for him after all. Get him out of that wide „tent“ (whatever that is called) and it already looks much better.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Hello, Angel. I get what you’re saying. If he barely moves around at the gigs with Brian and Roger a lot of people will be disappointed. Right now it appears that if he moves around too much he will be out of breath and we all know what that will do to his voice. He sounds fine when he’s standing still and dancing awkwardly but will he sound good working that arena stage for two hours? He really needs to get in shape and I’m willing to bet Brian and Roger will have something to say about it.

Adam is a lot younger than Vince Neil but look at what the extra pounds did to his performances. You couldn’t pay me to go see him now.

AngelR

Post by AngelR »

the milkman wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:25 pm Hello, Angel. I get what you’re saying. If he barely moves around at the gigs with Brian and Roger a lot of people will be disappointed. Right now it appears that if he moves around too much he will be out of breath and we all know what that will do to his voice. He sounds fine when he’s standing still and dancing awkwardly but will he sound good working that arena stage for two hours? He really needs to get in shape and I’m willing to bet Brian and Roger will have something to say about it.

Adam is a lot younger than Vince Neil but look at what the extra pounds did to his performances. You couldn’t pay me to go see him now.
Spot on! I’ve noticed his breathing as well. It’s the second time I didn’t like Adam’s performance. The first time was his notorious AMAs stunt, it was his worst vocal performance, I think.
Maybe Adam knows something we don’t know…..could it be that they're thinking of cancelling the next year’s tour because of Brian’s health problems, so Adam’s depressed? Surely, the upcoming massive tour should be a good enough motivation to get back to the gym and healthy diet!?

AngelR

Post by AngelR »

Nicki wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:48 pm
AngelR wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:31 pm
Okay. I mean, I also prefer a slimmer version of Adam. But I‘ve expected, he would care about that for a year now and he didn’t. Not even for his own Vegas shows or the TV shows he’s in. So I wouldn’t hold my breath, that he will lose weight before QAL.
You can get used to it. ;) But yeah, I fear the reaction by those Queen fans, who won’t have seen Adam for 2 years.

Here is a video from Adam’s last Vegas show of Dragon Attack and AOBTD. IMO, the dancing looks much better than in the first show, of which I posted a video about 2 weeks ago. It have been almost 2 years without live shows for him after all. Get him out of that wide „tent“ (whatever that is called) and it already looks much better.
Nicki, I don’t know what to say….I just hope that Adam will hire a good personal trainer after watching his Vegas videos.

Ray

Post by Ray »

I don't need any dancing from Adam. If he continues to sing as great as the last years, I don't care about his shape. Also, I can imagine him losing some weight before the QAL tour which is an entirely different challenge than those few Vegas shows. It's still over a half year until then, enough time.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Adam’s performance of The Show Must Go on for the Queen Family Singalong on US-TV last night.
Interesting change-up from his usual QAL performances: He sang the first part a bit lighter and higher than what I‘m used to. From 45 seconds on and especially after the 1 minute mark he’s back to his usual performance of the song. It feels as if it’s a mix of different takes, the second one starting at „My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies...“, which sounds like the QAL version, that I prefer. :D

Last edited by Nicki on Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.