Adam Lambert

Other music, TV, films and general interest
the milkman

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by the milkman »

“The better a singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying.”
― David Byrne

I'm reading a book now and it has this quote in it. His voice is technically great, but it does nothing for me most of the time. This is why a lot of people say he doesn't sing with emotion IMHO.

fairydandy

Post by fairydandy »

It's utter dross. I was watching 'The Voice' on TV tonight for unknown reasons and it so reminded me of just how ordinary he is as a singer.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

the milkman wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:25 pm
“The better a singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying.”
― David Byrne

I'm reading a book now and it has this quote in it. His voice is technically great, but it does nothing for me most of the time. This is why a lot of people say he doesn't sing with emotion IMHO.
Oh, no doubt he can sing with emotion, even I have to eat my hat slightly, because IMO, he does that very well with Feel Something. That's raw, pure, strong, especially the lyrics, and heck, he does a good job with the vocals too.
Most of the time it comes across as if he is acting. That's what I get from Roses...just uninspired lyrics and vocals.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

This looks interesting — Adam and Guy were judges on X Factor Australia a couple of years ago:

📺🇦🇺FEB 13: AUSTRALIA TV🇦🇺📺
Music special w/ Adam vs Guy video battle
TIME:
3:40pm-4:40pm ACDT
12:10am-1:10am EST
CLOCK:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... &p1=5&ah=1
STREAM:
http://www.pscp.tv/Karen26907470/
Time/clock info is for the stream.
For TV check local listings for correct time.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:44 pm
A review of “Roses” .....

http://musictalkers.com/reviews/6406-re ... gers-roses
It does sound like Chic, I said it before and now. In this case, it's not a good thing. I have much respect for Nile, but this isn't his best work as well.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

The song is a dud. The Daft Punk song is the only decent song he’s played on in close to thirty years.

Does anybody know why they scrapped Side B?

BILLBOARD - Why did you want to split Velvet into two releases?

ADAM - The way that a project rolls out now, it’s like, you put out a single, maybe a second single, and then your album drops -- then it’s all over. So it’s sort of a way to extend the whole experience for fans. It’s like when you go to a restaurant: They don’t just put one plate in front of you with everything on it. They stretch out the meal to make it more interesting and more satisfying, so I guess that’s how I’m looking at it. We had some appetizers before the EP came out, maybe we’ll have some dessert later.

BILLBOARD - Speaking of the "appetizers" -- will "New Eyes," as well as the other songs you put out earlier this year, "Feel Something" and "Comin In Hot," be on Side B?

ADAM - They'll be part of the album as a whole. I’m putting out Side A [now], Side B will come out early next year, and shortly thereafter it’ll all be on one album.

IMHO Side A must not have been financially worth it so they’re just releasing it all now. If Roses is the best of the new tracks I can see why they made the decision to terminate Side B.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

the milkman wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:59 pm
The song is a dud. The Daft Punk song is the only decent song he’s played on in close to thirty years.

Does anybody know why they scrapped Side B?

BILLBOARD - Why did you want to split Velvet into two releases?

ADAM - The way that a project rolls out now, it’s like, you put out a single, maybe a second single, and then your album drops -- then it’s all over. So it’s sort of a way to extend the whole experience for fans. It’s like when you go to a restaurant: They don’t just put one plate in front of you with everything on it. They stretch out the meal to make it more interesting and more satisfying, so I guess that’s how I’m looking at it. We had some appetizers before the EP came out, maybe we’ll have some dessert later.

BILLBOARD - Speaking of the "appetizers" -- will "New Eyes," as well as the other songs you put out earlier this year, "Feel Something" and "Comin In Hot," be on Side B?

ADAM - They'll be part of the album as a whole. I’m putting out Side A [now], Side B will come out early next year, and shortly thereafter it’ll all be on one album.

IMHO Side A must not have been financially worth it so they’re just releasing it all now. If Roses is the best of the new tracks I can see why they made the decision to terminate Side B.
He's putting the album out and then side B for anyone who's a collector with possibly a single before the album and the album will be available on vinyl. I'm assuming since he wants the album out in between QAL tour legs and he's only got two months there isn't time to put side B out then wait then put the whole album out and promo it and he's already announced the tour for later in the year.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Makes zero sense and the fact that some of “Side B” is at the beginning of the disc I calling bullshit.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

the milkman wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:27 pm
Makes zero sense and the fact that some of “Side B” is at the beginning of the disc I calling bullshit.
Side B was always gonna have the three songs he released first he said that from the start so not sure why that doesn't make sense. QAL finish touring end of Feb, Adam does promo and releases album March, vegas shows April and back to QAL touring from May until July then solo shows August, Sept and more to be announced, seems pretty straightforward to me.