Re: Adam Lambert

Post by Black Wings »

JLP wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:28 pm
Nicki wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:55 pm
Black Wings wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:58 pm
AL getting political once again. I'm sure some of his fans won't be happy.
He only answered a question among many more in a long interview. His fans basically know his political views. And when you watch that part, you can clearly see, that he was very carefully choosing his words. 8-)
Yeah it is not as if he is the only pop or rock star to be political. Still he is an easy target I guess.
I was commenting on the part that stood out to me the most. What do you want me to comment on, posts about him giving advice on dating, silly stuff like like that?
Gee, I don't think I can even post in here now.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Nicki wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:37 pm
JLP wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:28 pm
Nicki wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:55 pm

He only answered a question among many more in a long interview. His fans basically know his political views. And when you watch that part, you can clearly see, that he was very carefully choosing his words. 8-)
Yeah it is not as if he is the only pop or rock star to be political. Still he is an easy target I guess.
I don’t think, I would call him an „easy target“. In this interview he was actually very diplomatic. And that’s how he usually reacts to political questions in interviews.
Compared to Brian Adam is very cautious, when he‘s talking about politics.
(Apart from one or two „outbreaks“ on social media, when he got really angry about something.)
I am guessing JLP meant my posts about him. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.
AL getting political again and my saying some of his fans won't like or be hsppy about it, well it's true,I think you said it yourself when he spoke about gun control he lost a few fans. . Personally, I used to toll my eyes when Bono from U2 used to get political and "preach" at times. Really, Bono has been quite overbearing and dare I say pushy in his views sometimes.
Yes, I know AL isn't the only one to speak about politics, but we are discussing AL in here. Want me to bring up other artists political views and stances in here? Brian, Bono, Elton John, anyone?
I think AL handled the question very well. I almost wish he would do more of this than the silly advice he gave for dating ot was it relationships in the Glamour piece recently. That was just fluff, no substance.
I'm more annoyed with Brian for getting political and his major rant a few weeks back than anything AL said about Trump etc. And yes, I posted comments about Brian's rant too in case there are any doubts about that.

( Seems like I'm the easy target here on QOL lately, and it's gone beyond simple disagreements :? )

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

I was thrilled back in the summer of 2009 when I attended the American Idol tour with the top ten contestants and read in the program that Adam’s most admired public figure is Barack Obama! It is interesting because since that time MY two most admired people have been Adam and Barack Obama. And it’s not for their political views but because they are such wonderful, caring human beings!

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

So more live performances by AL according to his publicist, does that mean from home I wonder?

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Black Wings wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:57 pm
So more live performances by AL according to his publicist, does that mean from home I wonder?
Will be, pretty sure LA's lockdown has been extended by about 3 months so he won't be appearing anywhere soon.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:50 am
Black Wings wrote:
Will be, pretty sure LA's lockdown has been extended by about 3 months so he won't be appearing anywhere soon.
Do you know if he will perform "with" others, or just by himself?

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Black Wings wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:05 am
whitequeen20 wrote:
Black Wings wrote:
No idea really Shosh didn't say but I'd suspect mostly on his own. Seems likely from Shosh's comments that it's appearing on TV shows remotely like a lot of people have been doing. According to Shosh they've been working on lots of stuff and still are so could be anything really.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:07 am
Black Wings wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:05 am
whitequeen20 wrote:

No idea really Shosh didn't say but I'd suspect mostly on his own. Seems likely from Shosh's comments that it's appearing on TV shows remotely like a lot of people have been doing. According to Shosh they've been working on lots of stuff and still are so could be anything really.
She can be very cryptic at times. I can see AL "with" other artists doing things from home, like one off performances. But please don't tinker with classic lyrics AL :lol:

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Adam doesn’t tinker with classic lyrics!

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:21 pm
Adam doesn’t tinker with classic lyrics!

What did he do with WATC then, oh right played around with it. Tinker, played around, but it's certainly different with the word he added and how he sang it. You have often said he puts his own interpertations to other people's music. Usually by singing, but yes, he tinkered with WATC.