Adam Lambert

Other music, TV, films and general interest
User avatar
Nicki
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:12 pm

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by Nicki »

Black Wings wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:27 pm
carolb57 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:21 pm
Adam doesn’t tinker with classic lyrics!

What did he do with WATC then, oh right played around with it. Tinker, played around, but it's certainly different with the word he added and how he sang it. You have often said he puts his own interpertations to other people's music. Usually by singing, but yes, he tinkered with WATC.
...after Brian and Roger had asked him to do it.

User avatar
Black Wings
Posts: 1284
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:16 pm
Location: ♡ It's getting dark in here ♡

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by Black Wings »

Nicki wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:37 pm
Black Wings wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:27 pm
carolb57 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:21 pm
Adam doesn’t tinker with classic lyrics!

What did he do with WATC then, oh right played around with it. Tinker, played around, but it's certainly different with the word he added and how he sang it. You have often said he puts his own interpertations to other people's music. Usually by singing, but yes, he tinkered with WATC.
...after Brian and Roger had asked him to do it.
Point is, he did tinker with a classic song.

User avatar
whitequeen20
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:45 pm
Location: UK

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by whitequeen20 »

Black Wings wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:45 pm
Nicki wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:37 pm
Black Wings wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:27 pm



What did he do with WATC then, oh right played around with it. Tinker, played around, but it's certainly different with the word he added and how he sang it. You have often said he puts his own interpertations to other people's music. Usually by singing, but yes, he tinkered with WATC.
...after Brian and Roger had asked him to do it.
Point is, he did tinker with a classic song.
Well obviously he would if he was specifically asked to by Brian & Roger. Doesn't matter anyway, live music is open to interpretation and that's what Adam likes to do so he's not averse to changing things up if it's for a reason.

User avatar
Black Wings
Posts: 1284
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:16 pm
Location: ♡ It's getting dark in here ♡

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by Black Wings »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:50 pm
Black Wings wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:45 pm
Nicki wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:37 pm

...after Brian and Roger had asked him to do it.
Point is, he did tinker with a classic song.
Well obviously he would if he was specifically asked to by Brian & Roger. Doesn't matter anyway, live music is open to interpretation and that's what Adam likes to do so he's not averse to changing things up if it's for a reason.
Or for no reason, there has been videos of him changing up lyrics with Q+AL too in a live setting, I wonder if any AL fans can say which ones.
But take note before I get crapped on, I said he tinkered and played around with WATC , not messed around in my posts here this evening.
I will never see it as You Are The Champions to be honest. I admit I'm very accustomed to the original.

User avatar
Nicki
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:12 pm

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by Nicki »

Black Wings wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:43 pm

Or for no reason, there has been videos of him changing up lyrics with Q+AL too in a live setting, I wonder if any AL fans can say which ones.
(...)
Ha, now I’m curious, if YOU know more than the ones, that I‘ve already posted about. Go ahead! :D

User avatar
Black Wings
Posts: 1284
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:16 pm
Location: ♡ It's getting dark in here ♡

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by Black Wings »

Nicki wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:13 am
Black Wings wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:43 pm

Or for no reason, there has been videos of him changing up lyrics with Q+AL too in a live setting, I wonder if any AL fans can say which ones.
(...)
Ha, now I’m curious, if YOU know more than the ones, that I‘ve already posted about. Go ahead! :D
Nah, it's ok, I'm more of a Queen ninja than a Glambert ninja :mrgreen:

User avatar
Nicki
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:12 pm

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by Nicki »

Black Wings wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:38 am
Nicki wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:13 am
Black Wings wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:43 pm

Or for no reason, there has been videos of him changing up lyrics with Q+AL too in a live setting, I wonder if any AL fans can say which ones.
(...)
Ha, now I’m curious, if YOU know more than the ones, that I‘ve already posted about. Go ahead! :D
Nah, it's ok, I'm more of a Queen ninja than a Glambert ninja :mrgreen:
It was you challenging AL fans first. ;)

And as a „Queen ninja“ you should find the changes easier than me, right? You need to know the original Queen lyrics. I doubt that most Glamberts know these... so you should have a big advantage here, right? :D

carolb57
Posts: 526
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:10 am

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by carolb57 »

THEY, meaning Brian, Roger and Adam, changed “we” to “you” to honor the front line workers in an unprecedented global pandemic! Adam does not tinker with classic lyrics!

User avatar
Black Wings
Posts: 1284
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:16 pm
Location: ♡ It's getting dark in here ♡

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by Black Wings »

Nicki wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:44 am
Black Wings wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:38 am
Nicki wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:13 am

Ha, now I’m curious, if YOU know more than the ones, that I‘ve already posted about. Go ahead! :D
Nah, it's ok, I'm more of a Queen ninja than a Glambert ninja :mrgreen:
It was you challenging AL fans first. ;)

And as a „Queen ninja“ you should find the changes easier than me, right? You need to know the original Queen lyrics. I doubt that most Glamberts know these... so you should have a big advantage here, right? :D
Chanllenging? I asked if any of his fans would admit that he changed Queen lyrics at times during live shows, after it was stated said he doesn't tinker with classic lyrics. He has done just that there are a few examples from Q+AL shows, even from the most recent tour.

User avatar
Black Wings
Posts: 1284
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:16 pm
Location: ♡ It's getting dark in here ♡

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:05 am
THEY, meaning Brian, Roger and Adam, changed “we” to “you” to honor the front line workers in an unprecedented global pandemic! Adam does not tinker with classic lyrics!
I thought it was AL's idea to change it to you after Brian could not decide how to change it. That's what has been stated in the thread about the song.
ETA ~ Bumped a post that says what Brian stated on Planet Rock about the change. Brian was reluctant at first, and then he gave permission to AL to tinker, play around with it, and if Brian and Roger didn't like it, it would not have been changed. They both obviously liked how AL changed it, so it was kept.

And yes, AL has tinkered with classic lyrics . Fat Bottomed Girls is one example in a live setting. Whether it be one word or a couple, he has changed words to certain songs, especially live.

Post Reply