Adam Lambert

Other music, TV, films and general interest
carolb57

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by carolb57 »

Trump likes to wrap himself in the American flag. He even physically hugs it when he comes on the stage at his rallies,

He thinks he owns it and he can tell other people they are SOBs if they quietly kneel before it. They were quietly protesting police brutality towards black people and were condemned for it. So now that a black man was killed by a policeman kneeling on his neck, they are no longer being quiet.

Trump is a cancer on our country, not necessarily on our flag.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:23 am
Trump likes to wrap himself in the American flag. He even physically hugs it when he comes on the stage at his rallies,

He thinks he owns it and he can tell other people they are SOBs if they quietly kneel before it. They were quietly protesting police brutality towards black people and were condemned for it. So now that a black man was killed by a policeman kneeling on his neck, they are no longer being quiet.

Trump is a cancer on our country, not necessarily on our flag.
He isn't the only one that ever wrapped himself in a flag, even Freddie did it at times. No, I'm not saying Freddie is like Trump, but doing that to a flag isn't exclusive to Trump.
I really hate the experssion that a person is a cancer. I never liked it and I never will, but that's just me.
I can't blame AL for having strong views, good for him for speaking out about it. I wonder if things settle downot if there will be a concert in Mr Floyd's memory...becausee many, many celebrity are outraged. Hell, I am and I have to stop myself from posting what I think about what is going on.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

I‘m posting the direct links to what Adam posted.
Since Adam usually is holding back on political topics, this is quite an outburst. It was originally aimed at his fans on IG, who responded in an inappropriate way to his post about „Black lives matter“. Just to have the story behind Adam’s words.

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

That's true that actually Adam is quite a mysterious person. I don't really follow him, I appreciate his work with Q+AL, but I never got to hear his advice.... So, true, that's an outburst to read his thoughts now.
I actually understand what people mean when they answer "all lives matter"... But well, that's the problem with all this social media short communication. Sometimes I feel like, just saying an opinion, is only considered as arguing/contesting.
Of course I wouldn't put on my FB feed """all lives matter""", that's stupid...
But when we say "Black lives matter", that's entirely true of course, but I understand why some people think (and I think too), that's not certain that it's a racist crime (we are not sure it's racist -could be-, and we are not sure it's a crime, justice will tell, but of course we agree how horrible the policeman behaved anyway).
So I guess it rose lots of protests against racist crimes and racism in general, which is really good, I mean we should all fight against racism, but that doesn't mean it was a racist crime for 100 % sure.
So these guys who say "all lives matter", I know what they think... They just think that if the guy was not black, it would not create so many protests, maybe no one would talk about it so bigly in the news etc. So they mean, "it's unfair that they make such a big deal of it". Well, that' unfair in the same sense as right now thousands people are being killed somewhere in the world. But I understand Adam's reaction, because it's so unsensitive to post that on Instagram as an answer to protests against racism.
I mean it looks like something really obvious, because the cop killed the black man. Something so easy to use as a political protest and to make everyone angry. Even Trump is using it as an electoral tool.
In the end everybody is right. The protests against racism are right; the guy saying 'all lives matter' is right; and social media is mixing and confusing everyone, I guess.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

This wasn’t the first „outburst“ by Adam, it happens about once a year. :D It’s also not the first time, that he made clear, that „Black lives matter“. A lot of his closest friends (including his current quarantine house guests) are Afro-Americans.

I was surprised, that he got angry about the sentence „All lives matter“. This is what I think as well. But I‘m not living in the US. In Germany we don’t have that many black people, but much more people from Turkey or North Africa. They do have a different color of skin as well, so when someone here speaks about racism, it’s usually against everyone, who isn’t white.
So I found Adam‘s post and the fact that he apparently did immediately block some fans, who posted that, very harsh. Considering that many of his fans aren’t American and do have a different perspective or don’t know that much about the meaning of the slogan „Black Lives matter“ it was IMO an over-reaction.

But that shows, how many crap some people are posting in the comments of social media and sometimes enough is enough.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

IMHO “all lives matter” pisses off people because it downplays the Black Lives Matter movement. All lives matter but we are not treated equally.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

the milkman wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:44 pm
IMHO “all lives matter” pisses off people because it downplays the Black Lives Matter movement. All lives matter but we are not treated equally.
Yes, that’s also how Adam explained it as well. I can see the point, but didn’t know that before.
This is the cartoon, Adam posted in his IG stories as explanation:

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

When it happened last week, something attracted my attention in the Belgian newspaper.
It said something like "a black man has been killed by a cop in America".
Just when I read it, I felt bad for the victim, why do the newspaper always have to say that he's black.

They could say : "a racist crime has been committed".
But we don't know - but we put a judgement before the justice makes a judgement.

In clear, what the newspapers and TVs are saying, is: 'a crime has been committed, and we suspect it was a racist crime.'.

Do you know what I thought??
I thought it was scandalous that a policeman killed a man. That was the scandalous thing that the newspapers should say - report the reality!

Right, maybe it makes more sense to say it in US.
That was my feeling reading Belgian news.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

I can't blame AL for being outraged by what happened to GF. I do think he was wrong to block people who disagreed with him, especially when many people were reasonable under his comments, and there were some who just wanted to troll, and shit stir.
Everyone matters, but I agree with milkman everybody is not treated the same.
I wouldn't call it it an outburst per say, but I have never seen rather AL be so angry before. When was the last time he was so angry?

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

I can’t remember, when the last time has been.
But I just saw this part of a much longer speech Adam did at the „Resist March“ during LA pride 2017.

Adam does speak up, when it topics concern people close to him (or himself). The „outbursts“ on social media do occasionally happen as well, when he’s fed up with comments under his posts, that are against the things that he stands for.

If you want to listen to the whole speech: