Re: Adam Lambert

Post by Nicki »

Black Wings wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:11 pm
Nicki wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Black Wings wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:55 pm

Oh 9k, I thought for a second that maybe you worked for him.
How much is a signed copy by the way?
About €40. Postage to Europe included.
And some artists sign albums for free.
Adam does as well. But you need to meet him for that. ;) Since I live on the other side of the world, I‘m happy to be able to get one without trouble. :)
After one of his solo shows last year:

Last edited by Nicki on Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Jake wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:03 pm
Two sexy guys: Elmo and Adam 8-)

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Nicki wrote:

What a sweetheart!

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:28 pm
Jake wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:03 pm
Two sexy guys: Elmo and Adam 8-)
Elmo sexy??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Nicki wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:20 pm
Black Wings wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:11 pm
Nicki wrote:

About €40. Postage to Europe included.
And some artists sign albums for free.
Adam does as well. But you need to meet him for that. ;) Since I live on the other side of the world, I‘m happy to be able to get one without trouble. :)

Believe me, I wish I could get my favorite artists autograph, 50 bucks is alot of money, even with the album.
Not really interested inwatching videos of him meeting his fans, but I hope he was nice when you met him.
Last edited by Black Wings on Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Nicki wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:20 pm
Black Wings wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:07 pm
I'm going to say this now, although I might get blasted for it. I'm so glad there are people like Thunder in the business who takes time for their fans. It's not just them taking a pic and it's done, they are very approachable from what I've read from fans who met them.
I‘ve read that from Adam fans as well(that he’s very approachable). A friend of mine met him last year in front of a radio studio in Cologne. The Radio Station had posted about Adam’s visit beforehand and about 10 fans had waited there until he had finished. Then he came out, talked to all of them on his way to the car, signed CDs ect and took pictures with them. The same happens at airports, when fans get the chance to meet him.

The question is always: How many people are there? How demanding are they? What experiences has the artist made?
I've never met anyone from Thunder, nor am I likely to meet them. The closet I got when they did a charity motorbike trek a couple of hours away from here, and Luke answered one of my questions on their site in my early days of being a fan. ..which still blows my mind he answers that.
I know people,e from QOL who have met them, and they are very approachable and down to earth, easy to talk to. And I believe that.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Black Wings wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:52 pm
Believe me, I wish I could get my favorite artists autograph, 50 bucks is alot of money, even with the album.
Not really interested inwatching videos of him meeting his fans, but I hope he was nice when you met him.

It’s more like 30 bucks + postage to Europe. And I‘ve seen now that the vinyl is 27€ on Amazon Germany, so I think I‘m pretty well off with 40€ for a signed Vinyl. I will be happy with it, when I finally get my hands on it. :D

Oh, and Adam was really nice, when I met him. Even though it had been probably less than a minute and I had been really overwhelmed... :lol:
Our group with photo-options (40people) was let into the venue earlier than the rest and then we had to wait in a courtyard behind the big hall. There we had to stand and wait in a row for about an hour. That had been an exiting hour, which went by pretty fast, because I was able to talk to get to know the other fans. Then it started and one by one we were led into the building on the other side of the courtyard. There, directly behind the door Adam had been waiting.
Since we hadn’t been allowed to watch the person before us, Adam’s sudden appearance had been simply overwhelming for me. In a few seconds I had to take in that he was really there, what he looked like, that he smiled and talked to me. :shock:
That might sound completely normal, but I hadn’t been ready. I had never met him or seen that close in person before and I would have wished, that I had been able to at least get a look at him, when it had been the turn for the fan in front of me.

The way it happened, he welcomed me, smiled, asked how I was, we posed for the picture, I felt his hand on my shoulder, I gave my best to look happily into the camera and then he said thanks and wished me a good show. Or something like that. :lol: I couldn’t really say anything but „Hi“.

When I was back outside with the others I didn’t even know, what Adam had been wearing. But I still remember his beaming blue eyes and smile. And that he was really tall and wearing a lot of makeup. I think I didn’t have enough time to look down at the rest of him. :P But yes, he had been really nice. He also had been in a great mood, because it had been the very last concert of a really successful tour.
The concert afterwards was fantastic and we got the longest Encore ever with almost half an hour.

montavilla

Post by montavilla »

I saw Adam live twice. Once at a Glam Nation concert, and once at a radio station event.

At the radio event, it was pretty intimate. There were maybe 75 people in the audience. Maybe 100, because the place was pretty packed. I got the ticket by sitting by the phone every day, dialing like crazy when they asked a trivia question, and finally getting lucky. I saw an old family friend there. He got into the event by being really connected to the local music scene (he used to own the best music club in town), and I think he was hounded into getting tickets by his wife and daughter. :). But he also seemed pleased to be there.

Anyway, afterwards there was a photo opportunity. I didn't get my picture taken, because I just don't like having my picture taken. It's a personal thing. But I watched Adam doing this mass photo shoot (with four or five people at a time), and he was like the best camp councilor in the world. He made every one feel special and happy, no matter who they were, or how shy. It's was very cool to see.

Because it was a small, intimate event, Adam wasn't wearing a lot of make-up. (At least, he didn't look like he was.). He was dressed very simply, but nicely, in a light cotton shirt and dark pants. What I remember was his smiling face, blue eyes, and the contrast with his dark black hair.

Jake

Post by Jake »

He probably stood there a good 30 minutes waving his arms around pretending he was athletic on stage.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

montavilla wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:07 am
I saw Adam live twice. Once at a Glam Nation concert, and once at a radio station event.

At the radio event, it was pretty intimate. There were maybe 75 people in the audience. Maybe 100, because the place was pretty packed. I got the ticket by sitting by the phone every day, dialing like crazy when they asked a trivia question, and finally getting lucky. I saw an old family friend there. He got into the event by being really connected to the local music scene (he used to own the best music club in town), and I think he was hounded into getting tickets by his wife and daughter. :). But he also seemed pleased to be there.

Anyway, afterwards there was a photo opportunity. I didn't get my picture taken, because I just don't like having my picture taken. It's a personal thing. But I watched Adam doing this mass photo shoot (with four or five people at a time), and he was like the best camp councilor in the world. He made every one feel special and happy, no matter who they were, or how shy. It's was very cool to see.

Because it was a small, intimate event, Adam wasn't wearing a lot of make-up. (At least, he didn't look like he was.). He was dressed very simply, but nicely, in a light cotton shirt and dark pants. What I remember was his smiling face, blue eyes, and the contrast with his dark black hair.
I’m jealous! The closest I ever got to Adam was waiting outside his tour bus with a bunch of people and watching him rush into the theater as we all cheered! After the show I got the autograph of his drummer. Was it Isaac something? Can’t remember! August of 2010 during the Glam Nation Tour!