Adam Lambert

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Black Wings

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:41 pm
Adam isn’t Elvis or Freddie! Adam is Adam! An original!
Yet, you more than anyone else have compared AL to Elvis, dozens of times. Your first thought as you said many times that he reminded you of Elvis. It's not me who has compared them, but I stand by that he's no Elvis with his hip movements...or in any way, shape or form.
Why are you bringing up Freddie, he's no Freddie either not even close in my books.
And no, AL isn't all that original. See him doing yet another cover song in your link above?

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Black Wings wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:29 pm
carolb57 wrote:
Yet, you more than anyone else have compared AL to Elvis, dozens of times. Your first thought as you said many times that he reminded you of Elvis. It's not me who has compared them, but I stand by that he's no Elvis with his hip movements...or in any way, shape or form.
Adam has often been compared to Elvis, because with some hairstyles they look similar.
Brian said, he looks like some kind of incarnation and had to look up Adam’s birthday. He calls him Elvis in the documentary, Roger calls Adam „Camp Elvis“.

When I showed my mother some videos of Adam from idol (to show her, who the guy is, that I keep talking about), she wasn’t too interested, her only real comment had been that he reminded her of Elvis. She didn’t know anything about Adam, but has been a huge Elvis fan in her youth. She did see the similarity, that I actually never really saw. But it must be there, because many people from the older generation. who knew Elvis well, do see the similarities. Even his daughter Lisa Marie said so and engaged Adam for an Elvis glasses collection.

All that is not important, just a little why „Elvis“ and that the comparison doesn’t come out of the blue. ;)

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Adam Lambert Daily

“FANCLUB INFO|@AdamLambert finished signing the #VELVET Vinyl Records today! He looks so cute 💚

"...coming to you soon!" adamlambert.net/news/299238”

Great photo of Adam sitting on the floor in the middle of the 1,000 vinyl albums, but I can’t copy it!

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Nicki wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:51 pm
Black Wings wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:29 pm
carolb57 wrote:
Adam has often been compared to Elvis, because with some hairstyles they look similar.
Brian said, he looks like some kind of incarnation and had to look up Adam’s birthday. He calls him Elvis in the documentary, Roger calls Adam „Camp Elvis“.

When I showed my mother some videos of Adam from idol (to show her, who the guy is, that I keep talking about), she wasn’t too interested, her only real comment had been that he reminded her of Elvis. She didn’t know anything about Adam, but has been a huge Elvis fan in her youth. She did see the similarity, that I actually never really saw. But it must be there, because many people from the older generation. who knew Elvis well, do see the similarities. Even his daughter Lisa Marie said so and engaged Adam for an Elvis glasses collection.

All that is not important, just a little why „Elvis“ and that the comparison doesn’t come out of the blue. ;)
So, I disagree with it. God knows I didn't need to see a collage of pics comparing them.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:51 pm
Adam Lambert Daily

“FANCLUB INFO|@AdamLambert finished signing the #VELVET Vinyl Records today! He looks so cute 💚

"...coming to you soon!" adamlambert.net/news/299238”

Great photo of Adam sitting on the floor in the middle of the 1,000 vinyl albums, but I can’t copy it!
So he finished signing the albums and he looks so cute...what on earth? Slow news day?

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Just think, if it had been Freddie signing records and looking cute sitting in a mass of boxes and vinyl albums, would YOU be so critical?

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

carolb57 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:59 pm
Just think, if it had been Freddie signing records and looking cute sitting in a mass of boxes and vinyl albums, would YOU be so critical?
Sounds like she’s in a really bad mood today. Picking on everything that isn’t to her taste. ;)

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote:
:lol:
For one, I don't even remember the last time I said Freddie was cute, so you don't have a point.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Nicki wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:01 pm
carolb57 wrote:
Sounds like she’s in a really bad mood today. Picking on everything that isn’t to her taste. ;)
Ok, what does your thinking I'm in a really bad mood today have to do with anything I'm talking about today? Way to get personal again. :shock:
I'm in a good mood today. ;)

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Black Wings wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:53 pm
So, I disagree with it. God knows I didn't need to see a collage of pics comparing them.
But there might be many people, who have never seen it. :D