Other music, TV, films and general interest
Black Wings

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by Black Wings »

Nicki wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:04 pm
Black Wings wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:53 pm
So, I disagree with it. God knows I didn't need to see a collage of pics comparing them.
But there might be many people, who have never seen it. :D
I don't think many people here care about comparing them. ;)

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Black Wings wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:07 pm
Nicki wrote:
Black Wings wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:53 pm
So, I disagree with it. God knows I didn't need to see a collage of pics comparing them.
Great for YOU. Sorry, that I posted a collage and comments that YOU aren’t interested it! But YOU’re not the only one reading here.

Jake

Post by Jake »

Nicki wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:51 pm
Black Wings wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:29 pm
carolb57 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:41 pm
Adam isn’t Elvis or Freddie! Adam is Adam! An original!
Yet, you more than anyone else have compared AL to Elvis, dozens of times. Your first thought as you said many times that he reminded you of Elvis. It's not me who has compared them, but I stand by that he's no Elvis with his hip movements...or in any way, shape or form.
Adam has often been compared to Elvis, because with some hairstyles they look similar.
Brian said, he looks like some kind of incarnation and had to look up Adam’s birthday. He calls him Elvis in the documentary, Roger calls Adam „Camp Elvis“.

When I showed my mother some videos of Adam from idol (to show her, who the guy is, that I keep talking about), she wasn’t too interested, her only real comment had been that he reminded her of Elvis. She didn’t know anything about Adam, but has been a huge Elvis fan in her youth. She did see the similarity, that I actually never really saw. But it must be there, because many people from the older generation. who knew Elvis well, do see the similarities. Even his daughter Lisa Marie said so and engaged Adam for an Elvis glasses collection.

All that is not important, just a little why „Elvis“ and that the comparison doesn’t come out of the blue. ;)
Adam has a double chin and an underbite. Elvis didn’t get a double chin until well later on. Elvis’s face isn’t as fat as Adam’s, Elvis has sharper features. When Adam’s face is turned, you can see that his cheeks are round.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Nicki wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:28 pm
Black Wings wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:07 pm
Nicki wrote:

Great for YOU. Sorry, that I posted a collage and comments that YOU aren’t interested it! But YOU’re not the only one reading here.
:lol:
You quoted me when posting it. Like i said, I don't think there is too many here who is interested in comparisons with AL and Elvis.
My little comment that AL is no Elvis with his hip movements has brought on AL is not Elvis, and you post a collage of pictures comparing them..in direct reply to my post. And you had a go at me for what you think of me having a really bad day because you think I am picking on everything that isn't to my taste.
I don't think AL is remotely like Elvis, looks or otherwise and I stand by that, even with the fact that I disagree with Brian and Roger about it. When AL has a legendary career like Elvis ( not only comparing the looks of both artists ) then one can say he's comparable to Elvis. Until then, it's just hype.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

I didn’t see Adam’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” audition on Idol. The very first time I saw him was when he performed “Satisfaction” and I thought he resembled Elvis from the side profile view. In the QAL documentary Brian says “Elvis is in the House” and Roger calls him “Camp Elvis” so if they think that, I am in good company!

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:01 am
I didn’t see Adam’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” audition on Idol. The very first time I saw him was when he performed “Satisfaction” and I thought he resembled Elvis from the side profile view. In the QAL documentary Brian says “Elvis is in the House” and Roger calls him “Camp Elvis” so if they think that, I am in good company!

I thought you said AL is not Elvis and here you are comparing them again.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

I said Adam resembles Elvis but he is not Elvis. He is his own man!

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:39 am
I said Adam resembles Elvis but he is not Elvis. He is his own man!
How does he resemble Elvis, by his looks, because their careers aren't the same in the least. It's Elvis who was the original, AL not so much.
AL may be in some ways be his own man, but he will never be fully his own man while he's singing covers .
All the "!" in your posts today, not sure why you are using them so often.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

carolb57 wrote:
Adam Lambert Daily

“FANCLUB INFO|@AdamLambert finished signing the #VELVET Vinyl Records today! He looks so cute 💚

"...coming to you soon!" adamlambert.net/news/299238”

Great photo of Adam sitting on the floor in the middle of the 1,000 vinyl albums, but I can’t copy it!
Here is the photo of Adam signing the vinyl recordings of “Velvet” .....

https://scontent-hel2-1.cdninstagram.co ... NQ%3D%3D.2

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:10 am
carolb57 wrote:
Adam Lambert Daily

“FANCLUB INFO|@AdamLambert finished signing the #VELVET Vinyl Records today! He looks so cute 💚

"...coming to you soon!" adamlambert.net/news/299238”

Great photo of Adam sitting on the floor in the middle of the 1,000 vinyl albums, but I can’t copy it!
Here is the photo of Adam signing the vinyl recordings of “Velvet” .....

https://scontent-hel2-1.cdninstagram.co ... NQ%3D%3D.2
You really didn't have to post it, you know.
He looks startled, not "cute" nor is a great picture :lol: