Re: Adam Lambert

Post by Black Wings »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:36 am
Black Wings wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:32 am
whitequeen20 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:23 am

Didn't need to the evidence was all over twitter and some media outlets that reported used Adam's performance. Ready to Run as in run for president and had enough of this clown as in Trump seem fitting lyrics to me.
But not everyone else liked it as you claim. I know two people who didn't like it, so there goes your theory.
Well clearly I didn't mean every single person in the entire world :roll: End of the day it's what he sang and most people thought it was a good choice, he's performing for his fans so if you or a couple of others who aren't fans don't like it I doubt he's gonna lose sleep about it.
You specifically said everyone else loved it. My point is, not everyone else loved it.
Eh? I didn't know he was performing for his fans here, I thought it was to support Biden. I don't understand why he laughed at the end of the song, it made it look IMO that he didon't take it seriously.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Black Wings wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:46 am
whitequeen20 wrote:
Black Wings wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:32 am

But not everyone else liked it as you claim. I know two people who didn't like it, so there goes your theory.
Well clearly I didn't mean every single person in the entire world :roll: End of the day it's what he sang and most people thought it was a good choice, he's performing for his fans so if you or a couple of others who aren't fans don't like it I doubt he's gonna lose sleep about it.
You specifically said everyone else loved it. My point is, not everyone else loved it.
Eh? I didn't know he was performing for his fans here, I thought it was to support Biden. I don't understand why he laughed at the end of the song, it made it look IMO that he didon't take it seriously.
Adam often laughs at the end of songs, there's even one or two recorded one's where he does it and the QAL You are The Champions, I'm not gonna speculate why since only he knows but I doubt it's anything to do with not taking it seriously. And while it was a fundraiser the idea was your fans would support you by donating to the cause so the performance is still aimed at fans who want to see the artists.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

I miss the days when Queen were not political so to speak.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

It is not new that entertainers come out and campaign for political candidates during an election so the event for Biden was not unusual. As I recall 4 years ago, Trump had a hard time getting any celebrities to come to his convention to sing in his honor and he got negative feedback for making a grand entrance through a mist to Queen’s We Are The Champions without getting prior approval for use of that music.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:12 pm
It is not new that entertainers come out and campaign for political candidates during an election so the event for Biden was not unusual. As I recall 4 years ago, Trump had a hard time getting any celebrities to come to his convention to sing in his honor and he got negative feedback for making a grand entrance through a mist to Queen’s We Are The Champions without getting prior approval for use of that music.
Queen as a band were not political. Some celebrities were and are political and some were and are not .

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Black Wings wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:49 am
I wasn't aware of Queen being political, the WATC vid was to raise funds for covid and not related specifically to politics.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

I don’t know, if you guys have seen it, but for those who are curious, here is Adam’s song scene from the Playmobil Movie. I haven’t seen it on YT before. That character Adam did lend his voice was actually the most interesting one of the movie. Maybe because it’s the villain.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:25 pm
Black Wings wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:49 am
I wasn't aware of Queen being political, the WATC vid was to raise funds for covid and not related specifically to politics.
I know all that. But someone has got to fit Trump in here, somehow, someway I guess.
Funny thing, I was here in the middle of the Q+PR era, I don't remember them being political either. They did their part for 46664 and that was that.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:53 am
Black Wings wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:46 am
whitequeen20 wrote:

Adam often laughs at the end of songs, there's even one or two recorded one's where he does it and the QAL You are The Champions, I'm not gonna speculate why since only he knows but I doubt it's anything to do with not taking it seriously. And while it was a fundraiser the idea was your fans would support you by donating to the cause so the performance is still aimed at fans who want to see the artists.
Pick U Up

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Ready! Set! Go!