Adam Lambert

Other music, TV, films and general interest
carolb57

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by carolb57 »

Does anyone know if “Closer To You” is being played anywhere on the radio?

This guy’s reaction is “crazy.”

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

carolb57 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:48 am
Simone
“Great @AdamLambert stats fact 📈:
The views for #WhatayaWantFromMe Music Video have gone up from about 23,000 to 35,000 per day on average in the last 3 weeks! 🎉 I'm fairly sure the worldwide release of #TheShowMustGoOn played a big part in that! 🎧
It definitely helped him on Spotify but unfortunately it doesn’t look like a lot of listeners liked his solo music. He peaked on July 9th with 2,672,092 monthly listeners. Today he’s down to only 2,607,924. He’s lost 64,000 Spotify listeners since the Netflix debut.

I’m still shocked that David Archuleta has close to 2 million listeners on Spotify. I haven’t heard anything about him in years but people are still tuning in. Seems like with Adam would have millions of more listeners but he doesn’t.

Haven’t heard much about Daughtry in years as well but he has 2,643,730 monthly listeners.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

“A throwback to @AdamLambert's Glam Nation Tour and fans singing along to "If I Had You" in Helsinki:

His "now jump!" is so cute. We miss this ❤️

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

the milkman wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:20 pm
carolb57 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:48 am
Simone
“Great @AdamLambert stats fact 📈:
The views for #WhatayaWantFromMe Music Video have gone up from about 23,000 to 35,000 per day on average in the last 3 weeks! 🎉 I'm fairly sure the worldwide release of #TheShowMustGoOn played a big part in that! 🎧
It definitely helped him on Spotify but unfortunately it doesn’t look like a lot of listeners liked his solo music. He peaked on July 9th with 2,672,092 monthly listeners. Today he’s down to only 2,607,924. He’s lost 64,000 Spotify listeners since the Netflix debut.

I’m still shocked that David Archuleta has close to 2 million listeners on Spotify. I haven’t heard anything about him in years but people are still tuning in. Seems like with Adam would have millions of more listeners but he doesn’t.

Haven’t heard much about Daughtry in years as well but he has 2,643,730 monthly listeners.
Adam has just the „wrong“ fans. I haven’t listened to his songs on Spotify in months. Actually, I haven’t used Spotify in months. I know a couple of my fellow fans don’t use it or any other streaming platform either.

But I‘m now a happy owner of the signed Vinyl of „Velvet“. It came finally today! :D I think they sent all the vinyls for Europe to the UK by ship - and that took so long.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

He has the wrong fans? I don’t use Spotify either but millions of people do. Are you saying David Archuleta and Daughtry have the right fans? If you’re saying Adam has an older fan base and they don’t use streaming services I’ll believe that.

Adam obviously got a jump on Spotify from the Netflix documentary but it didn’t last.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

I think I forgot a smiley:
„Adam has just the wrong fans ;)

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Nicki wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:53 pm
I think I forgot a smiley:
„Adam has just the wrong fans ;)
Got it! :lol:

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Physical sales count way more than streaming and that’s why I thought he was going to have another top 10 entry on the Billboard album chart. I was shocked when it landed in the 80s.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

the milkman wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:58 pm
Physical sales count way more than streaming and that’s why I thought he was going to have another top 10 entry on the Billboard album chart. I was shocked when it landed in the 80s.
I wasn’t.
Adam had been in the Top 10 in the sales-only chart, if I remember it correctly.

The only surprise for me had been that Velvet did better in the German charts than in the US. Actually, it did in most countries better than in the US.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Nicki wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:06 pm
the milkman wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:58 pm
I wasn’t.
Adam had been in the Top 10 in the sales-only chart, if I remember it correctly.

The only surprise for me had been that Velvet did better in the German charts than in the US. Actually, it did in most countries better than in the US.
I hear he’s big in Japan.