Adam Lambert

Other music, TV, films and general interest
midnight sky

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by midnight sky »

Nicki wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:53 am
midnight sky wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:47 am
whitequeen20 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:39 am Just found this on Mike Garson's twitter about how it's been done.

This will NOT be short and will not simply be a simple series of rectangular, boring, unimaginative Zoom feeds. What we have for you is amazing. This show WILL be unique & inspiring with 3+ hours of music plus a special MAGIC - especially in uncertain times combining in person with virtual performances together on our stage for a full concert experience like you've never experienced before!
Doesn't answer the question if it's live or not. I thought it was going to be live way it was being hyped up.
No, that description doesn’t tell me much either.
As I said, I expect it to be a mix. The singing parts are most likely recorded. Which doesn’t matter, since you can hardly tell that, when watching it from in front of a screen. There are many people from different parts of the world involved. They won’t make them all travel to LA in these times. Some will be there, others will check in via Zoom. Most likely.
I dont, or didn't expect it all to be done in LA, but I did get the impression people would be singing live. It will be interesting to know who sings live or not.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

I'm gonna have to catch up later or even tomorrow about this. I feel suddenly sick. Take care Nicki, whitequeen and Carol.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

midnight sky wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:58 am
Nicki wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:53 am
No, that description doesn’t tell me much either.
As I said, I expect it to be a mix. The singing parts are most likely recorded. Which doesn’t matter, since you can hardly tell that, when watching it from in front of a screen. There are many people from different parts of the world involved. They won’t make them all travel to LA in these times. Some will be there, others will check in via Zoom. Most likely.
I dont, or didn't expect it all to be done in LA, but I did get the impression people would be singing live. It will be interesting to know who sings live or not.
Hmm. Also possible. But harder to do, since there can be a lot of technical difficulties and sound issues.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

midnight sky wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:02 am I'm gonna have to catch up later or even tomorrow about this. I feel suddenly sick. Take care Nicki, whitequeen and Carol.
Take care and feel better soon!
Last edited by Nicki on Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

whitequeen20 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:32 am
carolb57 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:26 am I’m screwed again. It won’t accept my e-mail. Keeps asking me to prove I’m not a robot. So again I can’t watch this show! Grrrr!
Try clearing cookies and history or use a different browser to see if that makes a difference. You could try contacting them on twitter as well, this is their twitter a/c. https://twitter.com/rollinglivepro
I give up. I put s ticket in the cart but it won’t let me buy it. Maybe it’s not me but a glitch in the system, I wanted to see others besides Adam!

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Interesting. This was retweeted by Mike Garson. So we know now, why Adam is part of the Bowie Celebration.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Managed to see his part. His blazer was more teal than green, but I found his green lips strange, I was hoping thst was a filter. His performance...I'll give my thoughts tomorrow.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Well I finally got it to work. Dummy me I ignored the part where you had to create a special account. What I don’t know is whether I can play it again and does it have an ending time like Ratatouille did.

Mike Garson gave a nice intro to Adam about having been on the stage with him in 2009 at the AMAs.

I didn’t see some of the beginning performances like Space Oddity. I’ll check it out tomorrow. It is 4;10 am now!
Last edited by carolb57 on Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

carolb57 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:12 am Well I finally got it to work. Dummy me I ignored the part where you had to create a special account. What I don’t know is whether I can play it again and does it have an ending time like Ratatouille did.

Mike Garson gave a nice intro to Adam about having been on the stage with him in 2009 at the AMAs.

I didn’t see some of the beginning performances like Space Oddities. I’ll check it out tomorrow. It is 4;10 am now!
It’s watchable „just for one day“. So 24 hours.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Good Morning!
So I just watched Adam‘s Starman performance, after following the rest of the performances during the night on twitter until I fell asleep...

I really like it. :D
Adam in full glamrock mode, doing what he loves and his voice fits the song. The whole Bowie Celebration was done really well! Makes me miss concerts even more. :(

I‘m linking this tweet, because I like the picture. :D