Adam Lambert

Other music, TV, films and general interest
the milkman

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by the milkman »

Nicki wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:00 pm
Track list of Adam’s upcoming album „Velvet“ (out March 20th, 2020)

1. Velvet
2. Superpower
3. Stranger you are
4. Loverboy
5. Roses
6. Closer to you
7. Overglow
8. Comin in Hot
9. On the Moon
10. Love don’t
11. Ready to Run
12. New Eyes
13. Feel Something

New Songs from Side B.
Side A
Released as singles in spring/summer 2019
The first and fifth track on the disc are songs from Side B. Songs from Side A like Ready To Run are near the end of the disc. That’s what doesn’t make sense to me. Why would you mix the songs from Side A and Side B up? It’s sounding more like just a bunch of songs thrown together instead of a new album.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

They’ll probably just release Side B on his website if they decide to do it like he said. It still sounds like a commercial disaster to me. We will only have three new songs in March.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

the milkman wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:44 pm
Nicki wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:00 pm
Track list of Adam’s upcoming album „Velvet“ (out March 20th, 2020)

1. Velvet
2. Superpower
3. Stranger you are
4. Loverboy
5. Roses
6. Closer to you
7. Overglow
8. Comin in Hot
9. On the Moon
10. Love don’t
11. Ready to Run
12. New Eyes
13. Feel Something

New Songs from Side B.
Side A
Released as singles in spring/summer 2019
The first and fifth track on the disc are songs from Side B. Songs from Side A like Ready To Run are near the end of the disc. That’s what doesn’t make sense to me. Why would you mix the songs from Side A and Side B up? It’s sounding more like just a bunch of songs thrown together instead of a new album.
Doesn't really matter which order they're in on the album I would think.

Comin in Hot, Feel Something and New Eyes were intended as side B along with Velvet, On The Moon, Love Don't and Roses while side A which is the EP already released, was Stranger You Are, Closer To You, Superpower, Ready To Run, Loverboy and Overglow. Side B will still be released separately for anyone who's already bought side A and just want's the rest of the album but the whole thing will be released on CD an Vinyl as well as digitally. The album is available pre order in various places and the B side of the EP will follow not long after the release. The way music is released now has changed so I assume there's a reason why they're doing it that way.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

I guess Side A and Side B means something totally different to Adam. You wouldn’t mix up the songs from side A and B on QII. It’s in the same order on the CD. It’s the way the artist wanted you to listen to it.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

There is only one reason to release it like he’s doing it and that is to milk his die hard fans. That’s why he said it’s for the collectors. The fans that will buy the same stuff over and over just because it’s in a new package.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

the milkman wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:10 pm
There is only one reason to release it like he’s doing it and that is to milk his die hard fans. That’s why he said it’s for the collectors. The fans that will buy the same stuff over and over just because it’s in a new package.
I'm sure they will but he's not the first or last artists to release stuff that way, all artists know they have some fans who'll buy the same thing over and over in a different format, Queen included, but end of the day it's a choice, they don't have to buy both.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Never said he was the only one but that is why he’s doing it. :lol:

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

the milkman wrote:
I think he’s doing it this way to have any chance of placing his album in the charts at all. Side B has only 3 new songs, but fans are going to buy it. BUT if he released Side B before the album, a lot of fans wouldn’t buy the album.

Adam said there won’t be any bonus songs. Looking at it, I will most probably not buy Side B separately. A friend of mine didn’t buy Side A, because she’s waiting for the whole album.

It will be interesting to see, if the LP/vinyl will have Side A and Side B in the way it has been released or in the order of the CD/download. I‘m actually looking forward to the get my hands on that.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Nicki wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:42 pm
the milkman wrote:
I think he’s doing it this way to have any chance of placing his album in the charts at all. Side B has only 3 new songs, but fans are going to buy it. BUT if he released Side B before the album, a lot of fans wouldn’t buy the album.

Adam said there won’t be any bonus songs. Looking at it, I will most probably not buy Side B separately. A friend of mine didn’t buy Side A, because she’s waiting for the whole album.

It will be interesting to see, if the LP/vinyl will have Side A and Side B in the way it has been released or in the order of the CD/download. I‘m actually looking forward to the get my hands on that.
I bought side A and side A live sessions digitally but I'll just get the album complete and not bother with side B, I agree if he'd put side B out some fans would just buy that and not bother with the album. I'm hoping he's gonna do a live sessions of side B as well though, I actually prefer the live sessions to the studio recordings.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Nicki wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:42 pm
I think this is definitely the reason why they're not releasing Side B first like they intended. I still think the whole marketing plan was a disaster. Unfortunately I doubt we will ever get the total sales for this project.