Adam Lambert

Other music, TV, films and general interest
whitequeen20

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by whitequeen20 »

midnight sky wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:31 pm
Nicki wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:52 am And why have we been only talking about a mask of the guitar player, that slipped under her nose...
What about that singer with huge lungs, who kept singing for 75 minutes in that tiny theatre without any mask? His aerosols must have been all over the venue after a show. How dare he? 8-)

(Oh wait, he was tested negative before the show, like the guitar player.)
In case you "ask" I don't think it was a good idea to even put on the show at this point in time. There was a time he asked his fans to donate money for water, I wish we would have done that this time, or even ask his fans to donate money to help with covid relief.
OMG, it was a theater with no one else there, it's not like he invited all his friends and relatives to attend. TV shows, news programs etc are all going ahead with precautions in place, testing, distancing etc, the entire world can't come to a total standstill, people still have jobs to do and he wanted to put a show on for his fans who missed out on the tour, himself included since he'd already planned everything before it all got cancelled.

As for the mask slipping and it being easy to put back, do you think Jinjoo should have kept saying hold on a minute throughout the songs while she stopped playing to adjust the mask? She was playing guitar not strolling round the supermarket

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

JLP wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:54 am
Nicki wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:02 am Again: There had been 8 people in that theatre and all had been tested negative. No audience, no one else and therefore no big deal, that one mask was slipping down her nose, when she moved too much. And that only started during the 2nd show.
Just for your info.

Oh, and you came back with that story about Adam walking without a mask in a park in London from September last year. When cases had been low in London without log down or any masks required in the outside. We had discussed that ad nausea back then, same as this one. That’s why I said I‘m out.

In my eyes it’s you, who’s getting her digs in with your constant laughable criticism at Adam. Okay, from your point of view he should have made sure that her mask fit, even when she moves. Get it. But we have to agree to disagree here. And these are my last words about this topic.

Best thing to do is ignore her posts. Or put her on ignore via your profile.
She said she would do those things, but obviously not happened. Maybe it will now.
I'm not having a go at this just for the sake it, but nor will I say it doesn't matter or its no big deal about a slipped mask or one that doesn't fit properly . If I say another member of any band with a slipped mask, I'd be saying the same thing. I saw Lady Gaga and Jennifer Lopez sing at the recent inagraution, I'm sure I saw them wear masks soon after their performances.
I take covid and the precautions about it seriously, because it matters. Sure people can disagree with me and "ask" if I have a problem. And people are free to put me on their ignore list or ignore my posts.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

JLP wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:41 am
Nicki wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:02 am
JLP wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:55 am

Is that was this is all about, a slipped mask? Christ some people will find anything to moan about.
Yes, that’s it. The mask of the guitar player kept slipping under her nose during the second concert. I would just say: „Poor Girl! Playing guitar (and especially Brian‘s BoRhap solo) with that distracing mask is no fun.“
Masks slip all the time. I guess it must have been hot on stage so the guitarist might have had a sweaty face which would not have helped. Surprised Adam has not been criticised for it being too hot on stage of ensuring the band did not have plenty of deodorant. Shame on him. 8-)
I'm sure that will be next lol.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Kes wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:02 pm THE SWAN KNOWS.

:lol: Love that

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

whitequeen20 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:43 pm
Nicki wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:52 am And why have we been only talking about a mask of the guitar player, that slipped under her nose...
What about that singer with huge lungs, who kept singing for 75 minutes in that tiny theatre without any mask? His aerosols must have been all over the venue after a show. How dare he? 8-)

In case you "ask" I don't think it was a good idea to even put on the show at this point in time. There was a time he asked his fans to donate money for water, I wish we would have done that this time, or even ask his fans to donate money to help with covid relief.
OMG, it was a theater with no one else there, it's not like he invited all his friends and relatives to attend. TV shows, news programs etc are all going ahead with precautions in place, testing, distancing etc, the entire world can't come to a total standstill, people still have jobs to do and he wanted to put a show on for his fans who missed out on the tour, himself included since he'd already planned everything before it all got cancelled.

As for the mask slipping and it being easy to put back, do you think Jinjoo should have kept saying hold on a minute throughout the songs while she stopped playing to adjust the mask? She was playing guitar not strolling round the supermarket
Other people were there, do I need to point out the band mates.
He has done performances from his home, even his backyard, there was no reason for it to be done at the Roxy imo. I don't expect the world to come at a standstill and people to stop work, but precautions and PPE is very important to get used properly.
I'd like to think if she stopped to put the mask on properly, or even to put a new one on, most people would have understood. Even I would have understood that.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Nicki wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:25 pm Here is a review of Adam’s Live Concert:
https://stack.com.au/music/live-review/ ... am-review/

Adam Lambert Live From The Roxy – live stream review
Adam Lambert at LA’s Roxy Theatre, Saturday January 30, 7pm live stream show (following the first, 7am show)

Lambert is farshunably late (only four minutes, but…) so we spend some time lurking in the chat room pre-show. “Got my adult beverage, ready for viewing #2,” one chatter shares. Many Glamberts brag about having also tuned in for show #1 of Adam Lambert Live From The Roxy in the comments, and we clock fans checking in from all corners of the globe including Tasmania, Toronto and the Netherlands. The suspense is real.

The ‘sound check’ screen switches to visuals of a drum kit, and we have lift-off! The American Idol runner-up and current Queen frontman opens with Stranger You Are from his latest Velvet set, and looks a million bucks (as expected) in a shimmery paisley suit, loads of neck bling, shades with diamanté-encrusted frames and towering, calf-shortening platform heels: “Now I’m rockin’ Versace with my dog/ In my shades, I’ma slay one day, y’all/ I’ma f-ck up a cheque and spend it all/ I’ma have a tequila kind of day” – cheers!

Lambert says he hopes we’ve put some glitter on even though we’re viewing from our homes. Absolutely everything about Lambert is glam, right down to his mic (and stand), which are dripping with crystals. And that hair! Lambert rocks a mullet with frosted tips. Such a bewitching set of peepers! Lambert is a makeup artist’s dream: so perfect that he looks like an avatar.

Funky-fresh disco anthem Roses inspires much bedroom dancing, Loverboy’s escalating chorus shows off Lambert’s vocal chops to perfection, and we can’t imagine any other vocalist on the planet singing ballad Closer To You. Lambert redefines ‘fierce’; you can tell that with album Velvet, he’s finally making exactly the kind of music he wants to make after a decade-long career as a recording artist.

OMG, he’s including Bowie’s Starman in the set! Lambert performed this song for A Bowie Celebration: Just For One Day – a global streaming concert on what would have been Bowie’s 74th birthday – and does not even need to switch into falsetto for those soaring high notes in the chorus. Truly remarkable.

During Bohemian Rhapsody, we totally feel for the guitarist who valiantly takes on Brian May’s majestic solos – but she makes it her own rather than trying to mimic every single lick. Lambert’s bandmembers are masked-up, although we can still see them smizing on occasion. What a killer ensemble! And Lambert is gracious enough to introduce them all by name: Zuri Appleby on bass, Michel’Le Baptiste on drums, Camila Grey on keys and lead guitarist JinJoo Lee.

Whataya Want From Me – the second single from Lambert’s debut album, For Your Entertainment – remains his biggest hit to date, and it’s a moment. Then that familiar Another One Bites The Dust bassline takes hold and Lambert goes to work – Queen’s material suits him so well.

Before this second live stream wraps, Appleby and Lee bring out a pink birthday cake for their boss. Happy 39th Birthday, Monsieur Lambert! Thanks for gifting us Adam Lambert Live From The Roxy.

It's a blurry pic in this link, but it looks like she didn't push it up while the other person was presenting the cake.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

JLP wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:41 am
Nicki wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:02 am
JLP wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:55 am

Is that was this is all about, a slipped mask? Christ some people will find anything to moan about.
Yes, that’s it. The mask of the guitar player kept slipping under her nose during the second concert. I would just say: „Poor Girl! Playing guitar (and especially Brian‘s BoRhap solo) with that distracing mask is no fun.“
Masks slip all the time. I guess it must have been hot on stage so the guitarist might have had a sweaty face which would not have helped. Surprised Adam has not been criticised for it being too hot on stage of ensuring the band did not have plenty of deodorant. Shame on him. 8-)
Ah man, now I have AL's Comin In Hot as an earworm. Thanks JLP :lol:

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

midnight sky wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:51 pm

Other people were there, do I need to point out the band mates.
He has done performances from his home, even his backyard, there was no reason for it to be done at the Roxy imo. I don't expect the world to come at a standstill and people to stop work, but precautions and PPE is very important to get used properly.
I'd like to think if she stopped to put the mask on properly, or even to put a new one on, most people would have understood. Even I would have understood that.
There's a big difference between doing an odd performance for a tv event from home and putting on an entire show, he'd still have had to have them at his house so they could all play together so it makes more sense to do the gig in a venue that's geared up for live music. The only people there were the one's needed, sound, lighting, band, no audience, no friends etc. He's hardly the first or last to do those gigs and it's becoming more popular at the moment, people have to adapt to the circumstances and that's what he and many others are doing.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

A while back she was saying he should be putting on a show. now he did a show, she has complained about the set list and a slipped mask. I know it is hard but maybe everyone should stop responding to her digs. It has been going on for a decade now. Maybe not responding is the way. Same way as you stop a fire by cutting off the oxygen supply.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Only a month or so ago it was you, who said Adam should have played more online concerts.

Since then all you do is moaning. It wasn’t for free, he included covers, he played too much of Velvet ... (what the heck was he supposed to put on the setlist? Lol). And the mask, the mask!! They should have had that swan inside the venue for help. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: