Adam Lambert

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Nicki

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by Nicki »

JLP wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:01 pm A while back she was saying he should be putting on a show. now he did a show, she has complained about the set list and a slipped mask. I know it is hard but maybe everyone should stop responding to her digs. It has been going on for a decade now. Maybe not responding is the way. Same way as you stop a fire by cutting off the oxygen supply.
I see, we wrote similar things at the same time. And I will shut up now. Even though it’s by now so ridiculous that it’s just funny. 8-) Sorry. :lol:

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

JLP wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:01 pm
whitequeen20 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:43 pm
midnight sky wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:31 pm

In case you "ask" I don't think it was a good idea to even put on the show at this point in time. There was a time he asked his fans to donate money for water, I wish we would have done that this time, or even ask his fans to donate money to help with covid relief.
OMG, it was a theater with no one else there, it's not like he invited all his friends and relatives to attend. TV shows, news programs etc are all going ahead with precautions in place, testing, distancing etc, the entire world can't come to a total standstill, people still have jobs to do and he wanted to put a show on for his fans who missed out on the tour, himself included since he'd already planned everything before it all got cancelled.

As for the mask slipping and it being easy to put back, do you think Jinjoo should have kept saying hold on a minute throughout the songs while she stopped playing to adjust the mask? She was playing guitar not strolling round the supermarket
A while back she was saying he should be putting on a show. now he did a show, she has complained about the set list and a slipped mask. I know it is hard but maybe everyone should stop responding to her digs. It has been going on for a decade now. Maybe not responding is the way. Same way as you stop a fire by cutting off the oxygen supply.
Yeah true, the guy can't do a thing right no matter what he does, I'll give the not responding a go, I don't post much anyway really.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

whitequeen20 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:00 pm
midnight sky wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:51 pm

OMG, it was a theater with no one else there, it's not like he invited all his friends and relatives to attend. TV shows, news programs etc are all going ahead with precautions in place, testing, distancing etc, the entire world can't come to a total standstill, people still have jobs to do and he wanted to put a show on for his fans who missed out on the tour, himself included since he'd already planned everything before it all got cancelled.

As for the mask slipping and it being easy to put back, do you think Jinjoo should have kept saying hold on a minute throughout the songs while she stopped playing to adjust the mask? She was playing guitar not strolling round the supermarket
Other people were there, do I need to point out the band mates.
He has done performances from his home, even his backyard, there was no reason for it to be done at the Roxy imo. I don't expect the world to come at a standstill and people to stop work, but precautions and PPE is very important to get used properly.
I'd like to think if she stopped to put the mask on properly, or even to put a new one on, most people would have understood. Even I would have understood that.
There's a big difference between doing an odd performance for a tv event from home and putting on an entire show, he'd still have had to have them at his house so they could all play together so it makes more sense to do the gig in a venue that's geared up for live music. The only people there were the one's needed, sound, lighting, band, no audience, no friends etc. He's hardly the first or last to do those gigs and it's becoming more popular at the moment, people have to adapt to the circumstances and that's what he and many others are doing.
Thought you said no one was there? I guess other people were there. Sure,he's not the first or last, but we both know he's done performancesfrom home. Even if he did a couple songs from Velvet for a week or so, would have been a better choice for him in my opinion. I'm sure renting out the Roxy wasn't cheap, nor all that went into the show, yea I wish he waited longer to put on a show like this, or if he done it differently elsewhere. He very well could have, to use this as an example Nile wasn't there to perform Roses in his back yard, but AL managed that without him.
And except for GaGa and Jennifer Lopez wearing masks after their performances, I'm not talking about other artists, but if I noticed them or another gutairist with a mask not being used properly or slipping, again, I'd be saying the same thing.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

JLP wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:01 pm
midnight sky wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:31 pm

In case you "ask" I don't think it was a good idea to even put on the show at this point in time. There was a time he asked his fans to donate money for water, I wish we would have done that this time, or even ask his fans to donate money to help with covid relief.

A while back she was saying he should be putting on a show. now he did a show, she has complained about the set list and a slipped mask. I know it is hard but maybe everyone should stop responding to her digs. It has been going on for a decade now. Maybe not responding is the way. Same way as you stop a fire by cutting off the oxygen supply.
I didn't complain. I said I wasn't impressed by the set list and he did three covers,p,us a good deal of the songs were from Velvet...after its been said he's moved on froMt he album. Yea, he put on a show, but I wasn't expecting or even wanting one at the Roxy. He could have done a couple songs from Velvet for a week or so, in a new way to sing and perform them. Many artists have been doing that very thing throughout lockdown.
Wow, everyone should stop responding to my "digs" you say. You might as well go and delete my account.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Are you sure you want deleting?

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

JLP wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:14 pm Are you sure you want deleting?
You know what I'd want and this goes for everyone and everywhere here. For people to make up their own minds about my posts and to ignore me or not. Yea, I get I'm a pain in the ass to say the least, but covid and the precautions isn't something I take lightly. I never did, and as long as covid is around, I never will.
Again, I know I've been a pain in some regards, many regards in AL threads, but allow people to make the choice to ignore me or not. Especially about an issue such as this. It's not a dig for the heck of it, if I wanted to do that, I could post about what I think of AL's makeup, hair or his weight lately.

I've just looked on twitter. Apparently the mask slipped because it was too big, right from the gutairist herself. Here's the thing, before the show, rehearsals etc, surely a mask could have been tried on to see if it fit properly. It's trial and error finding or customizing a mask that can fit properly and be comfortable and safe, I must have spent $40 last year before I found a brand that suited my needs.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

midnight sky wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:45 pm (...)
Again, I know I've been a pain in some regards, many regards in AL threads, but allow people to make the choice to ignore me or not. Especially about an issue such as this. It's not a dig for the heck of it, if I wanted to do that, I could post about what I think of AL's makeup, hair or his weight lately.
(...)
You should just stop. It must be hard for you that QZ no longer exists.

Why should everyone ignore your digs, when you could also decide to let it go? Why should you have your „fun“ and I should just swallow everything? This forum isn’t a one way street.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Ok, here's a suggestion.

This stops now - not in two or three posts, NOW.

If it doesn't, I'll lock the thread and anyone who re-starts it will get a ban for a week or two.

I suspect that if JLP deals with it, it won't be so gentle.

Understand?

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Yes, sir! :D

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Nicki wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:28 pm
midnight sky wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:45 pm (...)
(...)
You should just stop. It must be hard for you that QZ no longer exists.

Why should everyone ignore your digs, when you could also decide to let it go? Why should you have your „fun“ and I should just swallow everything? This forum isn’t a one way street.
Ok, why even bring up QZ out of the blue, that has nothing to do with here or my thoughts on this topic here lately. Hard for me that QZ no longer exists, come on now, what kind d of dig is that? :lol:
All views are allowed here, you don't like my views or even disagree that's fine. If you want the to ignore me like you have stated before that you would do, but never have done it, that's fine too.