Other music, TV, films and general interest
Nicki

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by Nicki »

the milkman wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:52 pm
Nicki wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:42 pm
I think he’s doing it this way to have any chance of placing his album in the charts at all. Side B has only 3 new songs, but fans are going to buy it. BUT if he released Side B before the album, a lot of fans wouldn’t buy the album.
I think this is definitely the reason why they're not releasing Side B first like they intended. I still think the whole marketing plan was a disaster. Unfortunately I doubt we will ever get the total sales for this project.
I‘ve never seen the total sales for „The Original High“ either. Only first week or so in a couple of countries and some certifications. But these were mostly for Ghost Town and only a few for the whole album.

My guess ist that most fans are going to buy the album. I‘ve a friend, who is a big fan, but didn’t buy Side A, because she didn’t see the sense in buying it twice. Especially, when you can stream the songs. There are probably more than just her.

And I still believe, that Adam‘s plan had been to release Side A and B only digitally and only the album as physical copies. But fans had pressed so much for CDs of Side A that they got them.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Nicki wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:07 pm
the milkman wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:52 pm
Nicki wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:42 pm
I think he’s doing it this way to have any chance of placing his album in the charts at all. Side B has only 3 new songs, but fans are going to buy it. BUT if he released Side B before the album, a lot of fans wouldn’t buy the album.
I think this is definitely the reason why they're not releasing Side B first like they intended. I still think the whole marketing plan was a disaster. Unfortunately I doubt we will ever get the total sales for this project.
I‘ve never seen the total sales for „The Original High“ either. Only first week or so in a couple of countries and some certifications. But these were mostly for Ghost Town and only a few for the whole album.

My guess ist that most fans are going to buy the album. I‘ve a friend, who is a big fan, but didn’t buy Side A, because she didn’t see the sense in buying it twice. Especially, when you can stream the songs. There are probably more than just her.

And I still believe, that Adam‘s plan had been to release Side A and B only digitally and only the album as physical copies. But fans had pressed so much for CDs of Side A that they got them.
Yeah I think that's why there was a delay in shipping, he never intended to release the EP as a physical copy and seemed puzzled why anyone wanted it that way but so many fans asked that they did it in the end. Hope the album release goes more smoothly.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:09 pm
Yeah I think that's why there was a delay in shipping, he never intended to release the EP as a physical copy and seemed puzzled why anyone wanted it that way but so many fans asked that they did it in the end. Hope the album release goes more smoothly.
Chances are good. I just checked Amazon Germany. I can preorder the CD and the date of release is the official release date of Velvet (20.3.2020). Last time we got the CD more than 6 weeks later. Now I‘m waiting to see, if the vinyl will be available at that date as well.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Anyone know how many copies of Side A were manufactured? Should have been numbered for the collectors.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

the milkman wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:25 pm
“The better a singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying.”
― David Byrne

I'm reading a book now and it has this quote in it. His voice is technically great, but it does nothing for me most of the time. This is why a lot of people say he doesn't sing with emotion IMHO.
This is most probably true. Many singers that are pushing their voice to create dramatic moment.
The „Show must go on“ is a great example for that. Most singers aren’t able to sing it due to the 2,5 octaves voice needed. Add to that the dramatic content of the song. Because of that most singers are pushing their voices to the extremes. The result is that listeners can easier feel the drama. Which is as well achieved by the struggle of the singer to sing that song. Adam‘s technique is too perfect. He (almost) never pushes his voice. It’s a mix of talent and 30 years of training by a perfectionist. The result is that singing the hard Queen songs looks easy, when watching and listening to Adam. And some emotions might get lost.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

the milkman wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:22 pm
Anyone know how many copies of Side A were manufactured? Should have been numbered for the collectors.
That would have been a good idea to get fans to buy the EP of Side B as well.
I don’t think any numbers have been published.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Nicki wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:21 pm
whitequeen20 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:09 pm
Chances are good. I just checked Amazon Germany. I can preorder the CD and the date of release is the official release date of Velvet (20.3.2020). Last time we got the CD more than 6 weeks later. Now I‘m waiting to see, if the vinyl will be available at that date as well.
That's good, hopefully the roll out will all work at the same time. I think Shosh said the vinyl would be later, I'd have thought it would make sense for it to be available at the same time so maybe I misunderstood what she meant.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

The Target version will have two exclusive photo cards.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

the milkman wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:55 pm
The Target version will have two exclusive photo cards.
Wow. Hard pass, but I will pass :lol:
I hope Empire gets their crap together, I know of many fans who had troubles getting the stuff last year. I hope that's sorted by now.
I love Feel Something, but at this point I don't think that's enough for me to buy the new music with the other songs. New Eyes, Coming In Hot, Superpower and Roses...they are weak songs in many ways IMO.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

2 NEW EVENTS
ONE IN NYC @adamlambert is going to be on @GMA MARCH 20
AND THEN MARCH 24 IN LOS ANGELES @adamlambert AT @kellyclarkson
@KellyClarksonTV !!! 🙌👏
#VELVET
yayyy!!!
1iota.com/fanbase/view/1…