Adam Lambert

Other music, TV, films and general interest
whitequeen20

Re: Adam Lambert

Post by whitequeen20 »

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

The tickets for Adam’s solo tour in Europe/UK in August/September are on sale now. I got my ticket for Berlin! :D

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

I know he said the music on Velvet was inspired by Prince but did he really have to steal his look too?

Adam goes to the wrecka stow to find his new look.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

the milkman wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:51 pm

I know he said the music on Velvet was inspired by Prince but did he really have to steal his look too?

He really isn't all that original when it comes down to it. He is more than influenced, he pretty much is taking some other people's sounds and looks, IMO its not very creative, in seems more lazy than anything. I wonder if he thought people would not pick up on the similar looks, sounds etc.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Icy wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:22 am

He really isn't all that original when it comes down to it. He is more than influenced, he pretty much is taking some other people's sounds and looks, IMO its not very creative, in seems more lazy than anything. I wonder if he thought people would not pick up on the similar looks, sounds etc.
He did a photo shoot ages ago and went for a retro look that was probably Prince inspired, that's not copying someone that's referencing the past which is what his latest album is doing. Everyone knows he loves to dress up and get his hair and make up done in all sorts of different ways for photo shoots etc, it's not like he's out on stage and in everyday life being a walking copy of someone, that would be taking other people's looks this was just a one off done for a specific shoot. As to the sound on the album, it's not one sound, the vocal styling is different on various songs although the actual instrumentation is retro, there's nothing lazy about it he's gone for a throwback sound which is what a lot of artists are doing recently, getting back to real instruments instead of over processed music, less lazy in reality, it's much easier to just have a producer manufacture a sound on the computer.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

whitequeen20 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:50 am

He did a photo shoot ages ago and went for a retro look that was probably Prince inspired, that's not copying someone that's referencing the past which is what his latest album is doing. Everyone knows he loves to dress up and get his hair and make up done in all sorts of different ways for photo shoots etc, it's not like he's out on stage and in everyday life being a walking copy of someone, that would be taking other people's looks this was just a one off done for a specific shoot. As to the sound on the album, it's not one sound, the vocal styling is different on various songs although the actual instrumentation is retro, there's nothing lazy about it he's gone for a throwback sound which is what a lot of artists are doing recently, getting back to real instruments instead of over processed music, less lazy in reality, it's much easier to just have a producer manufacture a sound on the computer.
Sorry, I'm standing by my views above. This isn't the first time he has copied a look, or a sound by others. New Eyes is similar to Slow Hands by Niall Horan. Don't know if you compared the the two, but that's more than influence, IMO. He's said he's been influenced by Prince's music, but he is copying the certain look as well going by what Milkman posted.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Icy wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:03 am

Sorry, I'm standing by my views above. This isn't the first time he has copied a look, or a sound by others. New Eyes is similar to Slow Hands by Niall Horan. Don't know if you compared the the two, but that's more than influence, IMO. He's said he's been influenced by Prince's music, but he is copying the certain look as well going by what Milkman posted.
New Eyes had a riff that sounded similar to Slow Hands but the song itself was very different and he's far from the first to have a song that's similar to another including Queen. Just because he did one photo shoot with finger waved hair doesn't make him a copy of Prince, even if that vid inspired him it's still one photo not the way he's chosen to look for the live song recordings or the vids and not how he'll likely look on tour.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

whitequeen20 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:18 am

New Eyes had a riff that sounded similar to Slow Hands but the song itself was very different and he's far from the first to have a song that's similar to another including Queen. Just because he did one photo shoot with finger waved hair doesn't make him a copy of Prince, even if that vid inspired him it's still one photo not the way he's chosen to look for the live song recordings or the vids and not how he'll likely look on tour.
What do you mean by a riff in this instance? Compared the vocals though, it's obvious New Eyes is similar and very much to Slow Hands.
Yea, he's not the first, but I'm talking about the similaritiesbetween New and Slow Hands. If I find that know better, I would have thought the same artist sang both songs. That's how alike they are.
As for looking like Prince in AL's solo shows time will tell, I've no idea what look he will be going for. But I think it's obvious about the similarities of the looks of Prince and AL here.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Icy wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:32 am
whitequeen20 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:18 am

What do you mean by a riff in this instance? Compared the vocals though, it's obvious New Eyes is similar and very much to Slow Hands.
Yea, he's not the first, but I'm talking about the similaritiesbetween New and Slow Hands. If I find that know better, I would have thought the same artist sang both songs. That's how alike they are.
As for looking like Prince in AL's solo shows time will tell, I've no idea what look he will be going for. But I think it's obvious about the similarities of the looks of Prince and AL here.
While the songs have a similar starting riff and similar slow beat their actual voices are nothing alike IMO.