Jrock, Jpop, Krock, Kpop and other related bands

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Innuendoes
Location: Never be lonely, lost in the night, Just run from the darkness, lookin' for the light.

Re: Jrock, Jpop, Krock, Kpop and other related bands

Post by Innuendoes »

GACKT (Gakuto Oshiro (大城 ガクト) is a collaborator of HYDE's and they've done a lot of material together plus he's pretty big in Japan, himself.

Innuendoes
Location: Never be lonely, lost in the night, Just run from the darkness, lookin' for the light.

Post by Innuendoes »

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

This song is sung completely in English but it's the two guitar solos that make it, IMO. Especially hide's starting at 32.09 with Pata echoing everything he does. Then Toshi singing, then back to the guitars. Mind blowing awesome.

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

Buckeye Randy

Post by Buckeye Randy »

OK, this isn't a new release but it checks the boxes for this thread, this website and my own personal taste in music.

Japanese artists, Japanese box checked
Brian May and Morgan Fisher appearances, Queen box checked
I love Mott The Hoople, my box checked

Moth Poet Motel - A Tribute To Mott The Hoople

Moth Poet Hotel is an anagram for Mott The Hoople and this is a tribute album (released 1996) by mostly Japanese artists to Mott The Hoople.

Moth Poet All Stars - All The Young Dudes (5:15)
Easy Walkers - Rock And Roll Queen (3:38)
The Yellow Monkey - Honaloochie Boogie (4:56)
Heat Wave - Ballad Of Mott The Hoople (7:14)
Brian May - All The Way From Memphis (5:20)
Kazufumi Miyazawa - I Wish I Was Your Mother (5:13)
The High-Lows - The Golden Age Of Rock 'n' Roll (2:56)
The Privates - Death May Be Your Santa Claus (6:44)
Psychdelicious - Trudi's Song (7:03)
Morgan Fisher - Moth Poet Hotel (7:03)

I paid waaay too much for a copy nearly 20 years ago but it has since been re-released by Columbia (2012) and is only moderately overpriced ($35) at Amazon but I've seen some deals on ebay. I have no idea if the packaging is the same because my days of collecting and being a completest of all things Mott The Hoople are over.

Highlight of the album for me is Honaloochie Boogie with a very cool new intro added.

...and for those who haven't heard it for awhile, here is Brian May doing All The Way from Memphis.

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

That's pretty cool, indeed, and what I was hoping others would do! Contribute to this thread. Maybe Sole Survivor will get in with some of his favorite Babymetal songs, too. I'd like to hear what he has to say about them, now, as it's been a few years.

Anyway, I've heard the Brian May and Morgan Fisher song before but didn't realize who Morgan was. I'll listen to that one again. These guys, The Yellow Monkey are interesting alright. I put that on loop and played it about 10 times. I'll be playing it more in coming days.

So I have my own Queen member collaboration to post - actually 2 of them. And that's with Roger and Yoshiki. What I didn't realize back when this was first recorded and put out on youtube, was that X Japan's front man, Toshi, is also singing on stage with them.

I'll let Roger explain a bit of what they did and why.

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

And here they are together. Roger Taylor, Yoshiki and Toshi.

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

No explanation needed. A song I've played / posted before, but this is a much earlier version. HYDE's voice has not developed into the beautiful Tenor that he is, yet.

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »