Jrock, Jpop, Krock, Kpop and other related bands

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Innuendoes
Location: Never be lonely, lost in the night, Just run from the darkness, lookin' for the light.

Jrock, Jpop, Krock, Kpop and other related bands

Post by Innuendoes »

Starting this out with VAMPS

Innuendoes
Location: Never be lonely, lost in the night, Just run from the darkness, lookin' for the light.

Re: Jrock, Jpop, Krock, Kpop and other related bands

Post by Innuendoes »

And some news for any Yoshiki fans out there, Drummer, Pianist of X Japan who have apparently disbanded.

Yoshiki publishes photobook “XY”, captured by award-winning photographer

Comes with a 30 minute DVD as well.
Japan’s biggest publisher Kodansha will release a Yoshiki photobook titled XY on his birthday on November 20, 2020.

XY is a photobook that puts Yoshiki in the center of attention with fabulous portraits in a work that generously contains 96 pages. Captured by the award-winning photographer Melanie Pullen, famous for her work in Vogue and Esquire magazines, the photoshoot has Yoshiki in a dreamlike setting and reveals “a Yoshiki you have never seen before”.
https://jrocknews.com/2020/10/yoshiki-photobook-xy.html

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

BABYMETAL rap battles to death in single “BxMxC”, now available worldwide

https://jrocknews.com/2020/10/babymetal ... dwide.html

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

SUGIZO holds first-ever livestream concert “EPISODE I ~RE-ECHO TO COSMIC DANCE~”!

Sugizo (born Yasuhiro Sugihara) replaced hide (Hideto Matsumoto) in X Japan as 2nd lead guitarist after hide's death. He is the lead guitarist and violinist of the rock band Luna Sea since 1989.

Sugizo started his solo career in 1997 and has since collaborated with a variety of different artists. In 2007 he became a member of the international trance/world music act Juno Reactor, and of the Japanese rock supergroup S.K.I.N., and in 2009 officially joined the rock band X Japan. He was also part of the psychedelic jam band Shag and the shamanic electronica unit S.T.K (Sensual Technology Kooks)

EPISODE I ~RE-ECHO TO COSMIC DANCE~
Date: October 14
Open: 19:00
Start: 19:30
Tickets: ¥5,000
Tickets are available from October 1, 18:00 JST to October 14, 21:00 JST
There will be no archive of this stream.
Livestream URL: https://zaiko.io/event/331413

https://jrocknews.com/2020/10/sugizo-fi ... ncert.html

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

Sugizo on violin and Yoshiki on piano. Oh how beautiful they were together.

Wait for it! Kurenai!!!!

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

L'Arc~en~ciel formed in 1991 when Bassist Tetsuya Ogawa (stage name Tetsu) managed to talk HYDE (born (寶井 秀人 Hideto Takara) to fold his band, Jerusalem's Rod and team up with him in L'Arc~en~ciel. They have been performing together along with lead guitarist, Ken (born 岩池 一仁, Iwaike Kazuhito) and current drummer Yukihiro. The latter two have formed another band called Acid Android and Ken formed Sons Of All Pussys in between the L'Arc~en~ciel and Acid Android.

They reform, put on more live concerts and recordings then go back on their own ventures while they are reportedly attempting to release another album but Tetsuya is having massive problems with Ki/oon, their recording company so that has been put on hold until legalities can be straightened out. WE ARE WAITING FOR THEM TO REFORM!!!

Meanwhile, HYDE formed VAMPS with K.A.Z. (Kazuhito Iwaike)

Hyde has collaborated/toured with artists such as Apocalyptica, Motionless in White, Starset, Yoshiki, Sixx:A.M., In This Moment, and Danzig, and producers such as Kane Churko, Nicholas Furlong, Drew Fulk, and Howard Benson.

HYDE is Japan's biggest rock star and L'Arc~en~ciel is Japan's first Japanese band to headline Madison Square Garden.

HYDE is currently doing his own tours all over the world including many shows in the USA.

Come on Ki/oon, get it together!

My favorite VAMPS song.

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

Then we have X Japan whose name was created when Yoshiki and band members didn't know what to call the band so they just called themselves X for a while then decided to just add Japan behind the X and X Japan was born.

The front man has always been the same person as far as I know. Stage name Toshi, (born Toshimitsu Deyama). He used to sound a lot like Steve Perry but his voice is going, probably from all the screaming as they were quite hard rock/metal until they started adding quite a few ballads.

hide was not their firs lead guitarist. There have been many different personnel over the years. Yoshiki (born Yoshiki Hayashi) claims he started playing drums after his father's suicide and his anger issues. His mother bought him a drum kit to take his anger out on something and he became one of Japan's leading drummers. He played with such a vengeance that he finally slipped disks in his neck so badly that he wound up with artificial disks during surgery in LA.

hide traveled around the word including Russia for cultural studies and decided he would open a kimono shop to help his grandmother as that was what she did for a living. But he really wanted to play guitar and he loved the Visual Kei style of dress and makeup that the Japanese guys also were using at the time so he flew to LA to study cosmetology where he was able to learn all the ins and outs of makeup for stage and how to do punk hair, then took it all back to Japan with him and started styling other musician's hair and doing their makeup for shows, mainly X members.

It got to be too much for him to handle plus get ready for the shows, too, so he hired hairdressers and cosmetitions to do it for the band while they dressed for the shows.

Before hide met Yoshiki, he had a band called Saber Tiger which he had to rename due to the fact there as another band with the same name. So he changed it to Yokosuka Saver Tiger, intead. Posting a few videos of that for nostalgia's sake.

SABER IIGER
visualrocker69
12 years ago
I'm sorry, I was wrong! This is probably the "BREAK OUT THE ROCK" live in 1984, so it IS hide. This is before the band's name was changed to "YOKOSUKA SAVER TIGER".
That guitar is indeed a Fernandes, a rare model, the FMG 175.
YOKOSUKA SAVER TIGER

After X Japan was formed, the band went on to create some of the most memorable Japanese rock music on the planet. .
Toshi singing lead
hide and Pata on lead guitars
Taiji on bass
Yoshiki on drums and piano

THIS WAS AFTER TOSHI WAS "KIDNAPPED" BY A RELIGIOUS CULT AND FORCED TO SING WITH X TO MAKE THE CULT MONEY. The band was unaware of what had happened to him at this time. They just knew he had been away and changed his looks, drastically.

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

The spoken lyrics by Yoshiki are unbelievably beautiful.

The Last Song
X Japan
Watching the stars till they're gone
Like an actor all alone
Who never knew the story he was in
Who never knew the story ends.
Like the sky reflecting my heart
All the colors become visible
When the morning begins
I'll read the last line

Owaranai ame dakishimeta yoru ga asa o mukaeru
Kokoro wa mada nureta mama

In endless rain I've been walking
Like a poet feeling pain
Trying to find the answers
Trying to hide the tears
But it was just a circle
That never ends
When the rain stops, I'll turn the page
The page of the first chapter

Kizutsuku dake kizutsuite wakatta hazu no kotae o
Doushite mada toi kaketeru

Am I wrong to be hurt
Am I wrong to feel pain
Am I wrong to be in the rain
Am I wrong to wish the night won't end
Am I wrong to cry
But I know, It's not wrong to…

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

And then my most favorite, L'Arc~en~ciel comprised of singer/musician HYDE, Bassist Tetsuya Ogawa (stage name Tetsu) and leader of L'Arc~en~ciel, lead guitarist, Ken (born 岩池 一仁, Iwaike Kazuhito) and current drummer Yukihiro. Plus he man on the keyboards on the songs that contain piano, organ, synths etc, for L'arc en ciel, Takeyuki Hatano.

Some of my favorites and there are 20+ years worth of favorites. :)

Last edited by Innuendoes on Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.