On Bruce Springsteen's "Letter To You" & Patti Scalfia (In Her Defense)

Other music, TV, films and general interest
FunnyHowLoveIs

On Bruce Springsteen's "Letter To You" & Patti Scalfia (In Her Defense)

Post by FunnyHowLoveIs »

William Mahler I personally and professionally am disappointed with Bruce's new album "Letter To You". It's hardly rewarding, redeeming and I've only listened to any of it, no more than twice in two weeks. Easily forgettable compared to the sheer excellence of even his solo work.
Am I the only person thinking this?
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 19h
Hide 22 Replies
Janne Porras
Janne Porras So far only heard the first two singles and I did liked Letter To You even though it did not offer anything new from the Springsteen..but than again who is expecting that.
Still William Mahler you might be right but I do hope that I can disagree with you after listening the whole album ;)
Hide or report this
· Reply · 35m
William MahlerActive Now
William Mahler bruce and e street are going to have maybe 3 songs each night in concert during the letter to you tour from that album, the album in concert is going to prove to be as distant and hard to get the audience to get into and as challenging as the lesser represented working on a dream album
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 16m
William MahlerActive Now
William Mahler that tour, only outllaw pete and working on a dream were consistant, kingdom of days, my lucky day and surprise surprise were rare and hardly any other song was performed live
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 15m
William MahlerActive Now
William Mahler bruce is going to face similar challenges for this album
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 15m
William MahlerActive Now
William Mahler letter to you as whole best represents what the proposed tracks 2 will be, a collection of album filler and b-sides with the rare chestnut
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 14m
William MahlerActive Now
William Mahler letter to you fails to speak to me lyrically and musically from start to finish, is very self indulgent and lacks the appeal of previous efforts including the lesser selling human touch and lucky town alternate band releases and those two imho are vastly under appreciated by many
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 13m
William MahlerActive Now
William Mahler at least 1/2 of every release of an album each album has spoke to me but letter to you completely start to finish fails to do that, its just a long running mass of notes that are a parody of how the e street band and bruce may truly be ever self evident in almost 19 of the last 20 albums from bruce
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 12m
Janne Porras
Janne Porras Well I´d be happy if he could tour at all...meaning it`s going to be awhile before this corona-virus let`s E Street Band hit the road.
But as said I do hope that I won`t be in an agreement with you on this matter but I´ll try to get back after I´ve listened the album thorougly =)
Hide or report this
· Reply · 11m
William MahlerActive Now
William Mahler the only worst release other than letter to you is the song "belly of the whale" a complete trainwreck of so called music that and my lover man both really do not do any good being called music at all
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 11m
William MahlerActive Now
William Mahler and bruces ego only does injustice to his most important fan and confidant entirely, his own wife and fellow musician, patti
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 10m
William MahlerActive Now
William Mahler she has been consistently been in the background with exception to the cover me on live 75-85 and the song tunnel of love thats all, no lead shared duets, no solos, no lyrics,nothing
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 9m
William MahlerActive Now
William Mahler obviously he is ignoring one of the most talented members of e street his own wife
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 9m
William MahlerActive Now
William Mahler bruce has dueted with warren zevon on zevons last album, the wind..dueted with u2, dueted with fogerty, gary us bonds, and melissa etheridge but never that i recall with his own flesh and blood life partner, patti scalfia..why?
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 8m
William MahlerActive Now
William Mahler imho, he completely insulted and snubbed patti on the rising..remember "lets be friends" he let some complete unknown do the back up vocals...and patti couldve shouldve been exclusively his only vocal parnter since day one but not once on any studio release has he remotely other than background guitar, let her be featured in anyway
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 3m
William MahlerActive Now
William Mahler the entire e street band each member has their unique moments on letter to you but patti is almost totally non existant
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 3m
William MahlerActive Now
William Mahler and anyone that disagrees is obviously one to start a losing debate
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 2m
William MahlerActive Now
William Mahler so imho, bruce is a traditoinalist, believing wives should be seen, not heard evidently
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 2m
William MahlerActive Now
William Mahler had my exwife not have impaired vocal chords, she definately would have been in more than a few songs of mine
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 1m
William MahlerActive Now
William Mahler good god o mighty she would have
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 1m
William MahlerActive Now
William Mahler i featured her on my very first album cover entirely
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 1m
William MahlerActive Now
William Mahler hell even the gay freddie mercury shared a compete album with a opera star and the two went over the top in the worldwide number one song and theme to the olympics barcelona
Edit or delete this
· Reply · 1m
William MahlerActive Now
William Mahler bruce, if you are reading this...please take a hint