Ebay - Ones worth a watch (Good ones!)

Serious discussion about the band known as QUEEN.

Re: Ebay - Ones worth a watch (Good ones!)

Postby jimbo » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:20 pm

Kes wrote:Anyone got a few grand spare?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewit ... 0944445680

Saying that. These things are pretty rare. You hardly ever get to ONE of them, let alone a complete set.

These are of course very rare, but they are just promo 12" singles at the end of the day, with no rare mixes, no interesting sleeves, released after Freddie died.

They are in my opinion massively overpriced.

This is a prime example of what I talked about in another thread, where the first person to sell them sets the price, which in the case for these was ridiculously high, and then everyone else follows that price, as that's what other people assume is the going price!

These are a prime example of that. I honestly think they should actually be worth about £200 each, and I wouldn't even pay that much!

If someone wants to pay £400-£800 each for these, which is what they will probably have to pay, is up to them obviously, but I think it's a mad price.
Hot Space is actually only my 6th favourite Queen album.
(But is a very underrated album in my opinion).

jimbo
Don't Stop Me Now

let's go....

Postby Kes » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:17 pm

How many sets were there?

50?

Prices are set universally in business. Supply and demand.

The more demand there is for anything, and the less supply of it, drives the price.

Only 50 copies of something, and let's say you have 5000 avid collectors of Queen stuff around the globe, then the fact these things crop up about once every five years, means that those with the eight grand to spare will buy them. If no-one is willing to spend that much, then the price will come down until it does create interest, and a buyer. That's how it works.

Until I have won the lottery, then I doubt these, or the elusive blue vinyl Bo Rhap will ever find their way I to my possession. I can live with that.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby jimbo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:20 am

Kes wrote:How many sets were there?

50?

Prices are set universally in business. Supply and demand.

The more demand there is for anything, and the less supply of it, drives the price.

Only 50 copies of something, and let's say you have 5000 avid collectors of Queen stuff around the globe, then the fact these things crop up about once every five years, means that those with the eight grand to spare will buy them. If no-one is willing to spend that much, then the price will come down until it does create interest, and a buyer. That's how it works.

Until I have won the lottery, then I doubt these, or the elusive blue vinyl Bo Rhap will ever find their way I to my possession. I can live with that.

Yes, i reckon there were about 50 sets of these as well, although some believe only 10-15, but surely they made more than that? I just don't rate this collectable personally, it is about 5 years after Freddie died for a start (which puts some people off it being a top collectable, me included), it is just a set of radio promos, not even proper promo's, no different mixes, dull sleeves all the same. In fact dull sums these up in my opinion :shock:

The blue Bo Rhap 7" is a completely different story, I would sell my car to buy one of these. In fact, that wouldn't be enough, as my car is probably worth less than this single, amazing to think really.

As far as the value of anything goes, yes of course supply and demand is the main influence on any price, but when the supply is very low, other important factors do come into play as well as demand. Like I said the main factor being what the first seller sets the price at. Honestly this can have a huge influence of the value of items where the supply is small. People do act like sheep quite often, and just copy the price of what the first item sold for!

jimbo
Don't Stop Me Now

let's go....

Postby Kes » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:01 am

Probably the most interesting thing about the blue Bo Rhap, is that EMI screwed up.

It was meant to be purple, and that's probably why the fan club issue years later was that colour.

Personally, I think the blue one looks nicer!
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Bri » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:08 pm

Yep - that would be amazing to own. The only one I have seen in the flesh was BMs own copy at the SIS exibition.
It's better to burn out - than to fade away!

Bri
The Show Must Go On

Im crusin' in overdrive....

Postby Kes » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:40 pm

That was Roger's. #001

It was Greg Brooks who pointed THAT number on it out to me.

The one he famously somehow managed to get off Freddie.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Bri » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:00 pm

Kes wrote:That was Roger's. #001

It was Greg Brooks who pointed THAT number on it out to me.

The one he famously somehow managed to get off Freddie.

Cool either way!

Bri
The Show Must Go On

Postby Kes » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:01 am

The REALLY annoying thing, is I know people who blagged a copy off the fan club. Apparently, they got about a dozen or so, and gave them away to the first people who wrote in for them.

This was in the times before Jacky worked there, I think.

...and the days before I joined the fan-club, I should add.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby WeeMann » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:52 am

I held a copy once. My local second-hand record shop had one in. I went in one day and the guy recognised me from previous visits. "Have a look at this" he said, and passed me this purple sleeve... I drooled.

Memory is fading, but I think he was asking £500 for it at the time (this would have been late 80s/early 90s).
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby jimbo » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:56 pm

Kes wrote:Probably the most interesting thing about the blue Bo Rhap, is that EMI screwed up.

It was meant to be purple, and that's probably why the fan club issue years later was that colour.

Personally, I think the blue one looks nicer!

Yeah, I agree. Also another reason why the Night at The Opera LP if ever reissued in coloured vinyl, would I think look good on blue vinyl, as that would be a link with this rare Bo Rhap blue vinyl 7".

jimbo
Don't Stop Me Now

let's go....

Postby jimbo » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:59 pm

WeeMann wrote:I held a copy once. My local second-hand record shop had one in. I went in one day and the guy recognised me from previous visits. "Have a look at this" he said, and passed me this purple sleeve... I drooled.

Memory is fading, but I think he was asking £500 for it at the time (this would have been late 80s/early 90s).

Cool, I've never even seen one "close up". It is without a doubt the ultimate collectible Queen record to have in a collection in my opinion. I doubt I will ever get one, but I'm staying optimistic :-D

jimbo
Don't Stop Me Now

let's go....

Postby Bri » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:22 pm

jimbo wrote:
WeeMann wrote:I held a copy once. My local second-hand record shop had one in. I went in one day and the guy recognised me from previous visits. "Have a look at this" he said, and passed me this purple sleeve... I drooled.

Cool, I've never even seen one "close up". It is without a doubt the ultimate collectible Queen record to have in a collection in my opinion. I doubt I will ever get one, but I'm staying optimistic :-D

It's not just the record though is it - the real valuable sets have the glasses as well

http://www.queencollector.net/BlueBohRhap_UK.htm

Bri
The Show Must Go On

Postby jimbo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:02 pm

Bri wrote:
jimbo wrote:

It's not just the record though is it - the real valuable sets have the glasses as well

http://www.queencollector.net/BlueBohRhap_UK.htm

I can promise you that if I ever get my hand on this blue vinyl Bo Rhap 7" with sleeve and it actually comes with the glasses, then I will give you the glasses. I'm really not interested in them at all :shock:

jimbo
Don't Stop Me Now

let's go....

Postby tenementfunster » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:28 pm

Kes wrote:Prices are set universally in business. Supply and demand.

That doesn't explain why Esprit have had this full set in stock since 1996 and never been able to shift them. Supply and demand my arse - they're massively over priced. They're never going to get anywhere near what they're asking and they're too arrogant to put the price down.

tenementfunster
Spread Your Wings

Postby Kes » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:03 pm

Preaching to the converted there, tf.

If ever I want to know the value of something, I'll go to esprit, look at their price, and knock a third off it.

The only thing I think they've got going in their favour is that very little of what gets sold through them is anything less than mint.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

PreviousNext

Return to Killer Queen