Upcoming concerts, shows and events...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Buckeye Randy

Re: Upcoming concerts, shows and events...

Post by Buckeye Randy »

Sir Didymus wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:34 am No sign of any standing tickets available for The Offspring in Manchester
Three of the best times I've had are seeing The Offspring!

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Buckeye Randy wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:57 am
Sir Didymus wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:34 am No sign of any standing tickets available for The Offspring in Manchester
Three of the best times I've had are seeing The Offspring!
Looking forward to it. Really enjoyed their latest album and I'm sure they'll put on a great show.

But I'd be lying if I didn't admit it was the support band I'm really paying for...

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Well that sucks about Genesis, who’s sick?

Tero

Post by Tero »

the milkman wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:26 pm Well that sucks about Genesis, who’s sick?
A conspiracy theorist would say it's Tony, as the band didn't make any bows yesterday, and Mike and Phil left the stage together 🤔

I'm glad I chose to buy tickets for other shows as well, as today's was the one on which I had originally planned my whole trip.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I was due to see them Tuesday, so cancelling dog kennels, a travel Inn booking, it's a bit inconvenient.

Wonder if and when they'll get round to rescheduling. If they Turn It On Again in two weeks, it'll be very hard work getting everything rearranged in time.

Buckeye Randy

Post by Buckeye Randy »

Next two shows for me are both Todd Rundgren. It will be the 18th and 19th time seeing him and will vault him past Ian Hunter on my all time concert list. I generally NEVER go see two shows from the same tour but I was gifted a pair of tix so I think it will be OK.

The setlist for the current U.S. tour is a real gem for old time fans which isn't always the case when Todd is touring for a new album. Recent tours have even included recorded music and been heavy on EDM. Todd is great at alienating the casual fan!

The current tour is 'The Individualist, A True Star'. Todd will play a first set that is a 'best of' that is heavy in the '70's. The second set alternates from show to show with either side 1 or side 2 from 1973's "A Wizard A True Star".

Question for anybody; do you ever attend more than one show per tour with favorite artists? I have a couple of times but always unintentional and this will be the first time of seeing an artist twice in an 8 day span.

Tero

Post by Tero »

A few more concerts coming up...

12.11.2021 Steve Hackett in Helsinki
19.11.2021 Public Service Broadcasting in Berlin
??.??.2022 Genesis in Glasgow :roll: :lol:

Kes

Post by Kes »

Genesis have rescheduled their London gigs for March, chances are the Glasgow ones are similar.

Tero

Post by Tero »

Well, there are also those postponed (Northern) Ireland dates which haven't been publicised, and the obligatory rumours of continental shows closer to summer...

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Kes wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:36 pm Genesis have rescheduled their London gigs for March, chances are the Glasgow ones are similar.
They also added a U.S. date so it looks like everything is OK. I got my booster shot yesterday so I’m ready for my first concert in over a year.