Upcoming concerts, shows and events...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
the milkman

Re: Upcoming concerts, shows and events...

Post by the milkman »

Anybody get to see Genesis yet? My show is not until the end of November and I'm curious about it but I don't want to watch any of the videos.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Well, as I've got tickets to see Roger in Newcastle, on Saturday, and Gensis at the 02 in a couple of weeks, I've been looking into the current requirements of the two venues.

Generally, for Newcastle, you require either :- a QR code from NHS England to say that you're double vaccinated, or a QR code from the NHS that says you've tested negative from a registered lateral flow test in the previous 24 hours, or proof that you're immune by being tested positive for Covid, and have beaten off the disease in the previous X number of weeks (not sure how that one works), but if you're in doubt, check the venue's website about entry requirements.

By the way, Covid passports go live in Scotland tomorrow, and one thing I can tell you, from very recent experience having moved to Scotland, is that info does not flow freely between NHS England, and NHS Scotland, and vice versa, and one NHS Covid pass isn't valid cross border. My NHS Covid pass says "valid in England", even though I now don't live in England.

If you're travelling from anywhere outside the UK, find out if you've got what they need, otherwise it's a long trip just to stand outside a venue, pissed off.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

the milkman wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:34 pm Anybody get to see Genesis yet? My show is not until the end of November and I'm curious about it but I don't want to watch any of the videos.
My wife's sister and family was them this week. Said it was really good but Phil looks really old and ill.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

JLP wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:13 am
the milkman wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:34 pm Anybody get to see Genesis yet? My show is not until the end of November and I'm curious about it but I don't want to watch any of the videos.
My wife's sister and family was them this week. Said it was really good but Phil looks really old and ill.
Yeah, he didn't look too good two years ago on the solo tour. The setlist looked great so I'm sure I'm going to love it.

Kes

Post by Kes »

The night after my gig at the RAH, on his last solo tour, he went back to his hotel, fell over, and clooned himself on the bathroom sink.

I think he was out of action for a few weeks.

Watching a recent interview, Mike Rutherford seems to think that he's just a bit out of condition, and if he did physio, could be back on a drum kit in a couple of months.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Kes wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:02 pm The night after my gig at the RAH, on his last solo tour, he went back to his hotel, fell over, and clooned himself on the bathroom sink.

I think he was out of action for a few weeks.
He fell out of his chair at my show. He got up to watch his son's drum solo and when he sat back down he ate it. He had to have a few guys help him back in his chair. He never mentioned it and the show went on. He'll probably make a joke about it in November since the Genesis show is at the same venue.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Kes wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:02 pm Watching a recent interview, Mike Rutherford seems to think that he's just a bit out of condition, and if he did physio, could be back on a drum kit in a couple of months.
It couldn't hurt that's for sure. He's most likely depressed over his last divorce and he doesn't want to do anything. I can't believe they got him to do this tour.

Kes

Post by Kes »

His solo tour was called The Not Dead Yet tour, but I did wonder at the time, if he was going to complete it.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Kes wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:51 pm His solo tour was called The Not Dead Yet tour, but I did wonder at the time, if he was going to complete it.
I keep on hearing about his poor health but is it really that bad? I know he has drop foot and some nerve damage but does that really affect his health? Maybe the drinking did more to him than he's letting on.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Did more to him than he's letting on? I'd say so.

Out of curiosity, have you read his book? He's been rushed to hospital more than a few times.