Upcoming concerts, shows and events...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
JLP
Site Admin

Re: Upcoming concerts, shows and events...

Post by JLP »

Wonderful gig. Jacqui wasn't able to perform due to medical problems but Paul Heaton decided the show went on. We were offered the option of attending or taking a refund. He even did a couple of songs that Jacqui sang on the albums including Rotterdam. Final encore :x was Caravan of Love and Carry on Regardless. Only downside was we were in the seated area. I hate sitting at gigs.

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Just booked a couple more shows inc. one that'll mean a 3 hour stop-off in Sheffield station for the early hours of next Friday. I'm a glutton for punishment but I've really bloody missed this!

With October out the way then, here's what I've got booked for the next 12 months...
  • 01/11/21 - Alan Cumming @ The Lowry, Salford
  • 04/11/21 - Wiyaala feat. KOG @ Yellow Arch studios, Neepsend, Sheffield
  • 15/11/21 - Nerina Pallot @ Yes, Manchester
  • 20/11/21 - Billy Bragg @ Albert Halls, Manchester
  • 26/11/21 - Levellers @ Academy, Manchester
  • 30/11/21 - The Offspring feat. The Hives & Bob Vylan @ First Direct Arena, Leeds
  • 02/12/21 - Tommy Scott (Space) @ Ten Streets Social, Liverpool
  • 04/12/21 - The Wurzels, The Lancashire Hotpots & Black Lace @ Academy, Manchester
  • 13/12/21 - Adam Kay @ The Lowry, Salford
  • 28/01/22 - Deathstars @ Academy, Manchester
  • 05/02/22 - Toyah @ The Met, Bury
  • 06/04/22 - Mr Bruce @ The Deaf Institute, Manchester
  • 08/04/22 - Skunk Anansie @ Victoria Warehouse, Manchester
  • 28/05/22 - Grace Petrie @ The Met, Bury
  • 08/06/22 - Billie Eilish @ The Arena, Manchester
  • 22/07/22 - Joe Lycett @ The Palace Theatre, Manchester
  • 04/08/22 - Rebellion Festival @ Winter Gardens, Blackpool
  • 05/08/22 - Rebellion Festival @ Winter Gardens, Blackpool
  • 06/08/22 - Rebellion Festival @ Winter Gardens, Blackpool
  • 07/08/22 - Rebellion Festival @ Winter Gardens, Blackpool
  • 31/10/22 - The Rasmus @ The Ritz, Manchester
Can't believe I've seen 11 shows in the second half of 2021 given the events of the last 18 months, with another 9 booked in by the end of the year.

Plus, we might book a few things in future weeks too... tempted to travel to see another Grace Petrie show as she's on fire atm, and also I keep holding out hope some tickets for Arlo Parks, Joy Crookes or Rina Sawayama (all of whom sold out before I found out the shows were happening) will appear in my lap!

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Booked to see Don McLean next September in York. Contemplating on booking to see The Eagles at Hyde Park too.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Last night I saw Danny Bowes and Luke Morley of Thunder, promoting their book. It was a fabulous show and reminded me what a great band they are. I'll be seeing the full band next month for their Christmas show.

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Didymus wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:23 pm Plus, we might book a few things in future weeks too... tempted to travel to see another Grace Petrie show as she's on fire atm, and also I keep holding out hope some tickets for Arlo Parks, Joy Crookes or Rina Sawayama (all of whom sold out before I found out the shows were happening) will appear in my lap!
Managed to get an Arlo Parks ticket for tonight, so there's an extra show ahead!

Also bought VIP tix for The Boulet Brothers' Dragula next March... the first two tours were lots of fun, so here's hoping this one's something special too.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Unfortunately it looks like the US is getting Misunderstanding instead of Duchess. :cry:

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Genesis were great and I got to hear Duchess. Phil sounded a little rough at the beginning but was fine by the third song. I actually thought he sounded a little drunk on Turn It On Again. Phil looked a lot older than he did two years ago so this will probably be the last time I’ll ever see him.

My only complaint was too many songs from Invisible Touch and nothing from Abacab.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Booked tickets to see Texas in February and Paul Heaton and Jacquie Abbott with guests The Proclaimers in July.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

JLP wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:53 pm Booked tickets to see Texas in February and Paul Heaton and Jacquie Abbott with guests The Proclaimers in July.
I really like the new Texas album but they’ll probably never come here.

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

JLP wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:53 pm Booked tickets to see Texas in February and Paul Heaton and Jacquie Abbott with guests The Proclaimers in July.
A minor claim to fame for me is I used to be their guitarist's line manager about 15 years ago. He's a lovely fella.