Upcoming concerts, shows and events...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Kes

Re: Upcoming concerts, shows and events...

Post by Kes »

All I got on the Roger Taylor presale, was a circle spinning around and around, and around. It never got as far as entering the code.

Tero

Post by Tero »

Tero wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:01 pm I got a ticket for the Manic Street Preachers in Glasgow, just a few days before the Genesis concert over there.

I guess we'll see in a few months if I can even enter the UK :shock: :lol:
Today I got a ticket for Roger Taylor in Newcastle.
With three concerts lined up within a week, I would be okay to be quarantined for a few days on arrival. 8-)

The Kurgan

Post by The Kurgan »

A few days?

Tero

Post by Tero »

The Kurgan wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:07 pm A few days?
Well, a minimum of 5 according to the current regulations, but that could obviously still change.
At least I have work I can mostly do online. ;)

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Kes wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:40 pm All I got on the Roger Taylor presale, was a circle spinning around and around, and around. It never got as far as entering the code.
I got my tickets for both shows early this afternoon as the presale code went to my spam folder. Manchester and Liverpool both had tickets left.

Tero

Post by Tero »

Tero wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:01 pm
Tero wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:01 pm I got a ticket for the Manic Street Preachers in Glasgow, just a few days before the Genesis concert over there.

With three concerts lined up within a week, I would be okay to be quarantined for a few days on arrival. 8-)
It looks like there's no mandatory quarantine in either UK or Scotland for the vaccinated EU citizens, so I just might be going on the trip...
I guess I have to start looking up the tourist information for Newcastle and Glasgow. :shock:

Starman

Post by Starman »

Tero wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:00 pm

It looks like there's no mandatory quarantine in either UK or Scotland for the vaccinated EU citizens, so I just might be going on the trip...
I guess I have to start looking up the tourist information for Newcastle and Glasgow. :shock:
Just make sure you can handle 12 pints.
Probably no need to pack a shirt.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Tero wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:00 pmIt looks like there's no mandatory quarantine in either UK or Scotland for the vaccinated EU citizens, so I just might be going on the trip...
It depends on which country you're travelling from - there's no EU blanket rules, each country is being graded red, amber or green and they're being assessed regularly. Also you'll need to budget for the PCR tests too.

Tero

Post by Tero »

WeeMann wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:41 am
Tero wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:00 pmIt looks like there's no mandatory quarantine in either UK or Scotland for the vaccinated EU citizens, so I just might be going on the trip...
It depends on which country you're travelling from - there's no EU blanket rules, each country is being graded red, amber or green and they're being assessed regularly. Also you'll need to budget for the PCR tests too.
Compared to the previous blanket rules for anyone not vaccinated in the UK, and a mandatory 11 night (£1750) quarantine from any amber country, that's a significant improvement already. :roll:

Tero

Post by Tero »

Tero wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:00 pm

It still looks like. the concerts are happening :o
Ticketmaster still shows them "finalising the details" for Roger Taylor and Genesis, but I actually received a physical ticket for Manic Street Preachers... I think that's the first one in almost 10 years :lol: