Upcoming concerts, shows and events...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
the milkman

Re: Upcoming concerts, shows and events...

Post by the milkman »

Kes wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:07 pm Did more to him than he's letting on? I'd say so.

Out of curiosity, have you read his book? He's been rushed to hospital more than a few times.
Yes, the last few chapters were very sad. The blackouts and pancreatitis parts were painful to read. I feel sorry for him but he did it to himself. Think he would have been in a much better place right now if he stayed with Jill.

Tero

Post by Tero »

the milkman wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:14 pm
Kes wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:07 pm Did more to him than he's letting on? I'd say so.

Out of curiosity, have you read his book? He's been rushed to hospital more than a few times.
Yes, the last few chapters were very sad. The blackouts and pancreatitis parts were painful to read. I feel sorry for him but he did it to himself. Think he would have been in a much better place right now if he stayed with Jill.
Indeed, I had no idea what had happened in his life... The diffference between this tour and the one in 2007 was huge... 😔

Kes

Post by Kes »

Anyhow, I was really annoyed in 2007, when the reviews started coming in from the European Tour, and I didn't previously know they were even doing a tour.

I have serious doubts that these three will be doing another tour in 14 years time, so this time, I wasn't going to miss it.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

My next gig is Paul Heaton and Jacquie Abbot in three weeks.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Should be good.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Next Friday I'll be seeing some fella called Roger, then it's two versions of Thunder - Danny and Luke doing a book and chat tour, then the Christmas show just down the road from me in Wolverhampton. It's my first Thunder Christmas show, so I'm quite looking forward to it.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

JLP wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:07 pm My next gig is Paul Heaton and Jacquie Abbot in three weeks.
So jealous! I’ve been a fan since the beginning. I had to buy the import of London 0 Hull 4 because it wasn’t released in the US until later.

Buckeye Randy

Post by Buckeye Randy »

Three days until Grand Funk Railroad. I consider them one of the five greatest bands to come from the States though their popularity worldwide never matched their fame in America.

Eight of their first 10 albums charted Billboard Top 10 with four gold, four platinum and two were 2xplatinum. Just for comparison, Queen didn't do that in America.

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

No sign of any standing tickets available for The Offspring in Manchester, but with Bob Vylan as their support band, we've decided to go to Leeds to see them instead.

Bob Vylan are the most exciting band I've seen in years, and had the pleasure of meeting them in July, so it'll be amazing to see them again plus get a legendary punk band in the mix for good measure.

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

JLP wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:07 pm My next gig is Paul Heaton and Jacquie Abbot in three weeks.
I know their guitarist- we worked together at Music Zone back in the day!