Upcoming concerts, shows and events...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Cool Cat

Re: Upcoming concerts, shows and events...

Post by Cool Cat »

I was looking forward to seeing Evanescence next month, they've just cancelled the European Tour :( :( knew it was coming to be fair, they say they'll reschedule though.

Buckeye Randy

Post by Buckeye Randy »

Our local clubs are scrambling. Some bands are cancelling tours and while others are not. The best club in Cleveland (Beachland Ballroom) is limiting attendance to 100 people for non cancelled shows.

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Managed to sneak two gigs in this weekend unexpectedly, though I imagine the next 3 I have booked in are likely to face the chop at this rate...

• 18/01/2020 - The Boulet Brothers present Dragula - Starring Landon Cider, Evah Destruction, Louisianna Purchase, Priscilla Chambers, Saint Lucia, Maddelynn Hatter & Victoria Elizabeth Black @ Rebellion, Manchester
  • 31/01/2020 - Alexei Sayle with Peter Brush @ HOME, Manchester
  • 15/02/2020 - Steve Knightley @ The Drill Hall, Bury
  • 23/02/2020 - Sophie Aldred book launch & q+a @ Fab Cafe, Manchester
  • 13/03/2020 - Longsight with Sticky @ Retro, Manchester
  • 14/03/2020 - The Kopek Millionaires with Boggy Formby @ The Hen & Chickens, Bolton

• 19/03/2020 - Sarah Keyworth: Pacific @ The Bread Shed, Manchester
  • 01/05/2020 - Jinkx Monsoon & The Major Scales: Together Again, Again! @ HOME, Manchester
  • 27/05/2020 - Green Day with Manic Street Preachers @ Suvilahti, Helsinki, Finland
  • 07/06/2020 - David McAlmont & Alex Webb @ Band on the Wall, Manchester
  • 09/06/2020 - Nerina Pallot @ Yes, Manchester
  • 20/11/2020 - Levellers @ Albert Hall, Manchester
  • 07/12/2020 - Skunk Anansie @ Victoria Warehouse, Manchester
  • 17/12/2020 - Deathstars @ Academy 3, Manchester

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Purchased Genesis tickets for November today. Over $500 for two tickets! The new way is supposed to stop scalpers from eating up tickets and charging an insane amount. What do they do? They just charge an insane amount for verified tickets and then the scalpers charge even more. Way to help the fans. :roll:

Kes

Post by Kes »

I bought O2 tickets for Genesis, seems like an eternity ago now. If the tour comes off, it should be brilliant, front row tickets, right in the middle too.

Never, ever got tickets THAT good before.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Kes wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:43 pm I bought O2 tickets for Genesis, seems like an eternity ago now. If the tour comes off, it should be brilliant, front row tickets, right in the middle too.

Never, ever got tickets THAT good before.
Damn! I’m sure it will go on. Floor tickets close to the stage were almost $1000.00 each here.

Row D center stage is $1200 each before all the service charges. Row A is $2500.00 each. I could buy them right now but I would never pay that much to see anyone.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Absolute sheer pot luck. I never expected to get an allocation like that come up. Suffices to say the next three minutes going through the booking procedure were a bit "tense".

Credit where credit's due, my daughter is a bit of an expert at booking concert tickets, and she did it for me. It seems there's some sort of technique of enabling better seats to come up. Don't ask me what it is, as if I knew what it was, I'd bottle it, and sell it for a fortune.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Kes wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:47 am Absolute sheer pot luck. I never expected to get an allocation like that come up. Suffices to say the next three minutes going through the booking procedure were a bit "tense".

Credit where credit's due, my daughter is a bit of an expert at booking concert tickets, and she did it for me. It seems there's some sort of technique of enabling better seats to come up. Don't ask me what it is, as if I knew what it was, I'd bottle it, and sell it for a fortune.
We used to be able to hit best available and you would take what you get. Now you wait in a queue for your turn to shop for tickets. Once in you can pick and choose from what’s available. Hours after the sale started I could have picked front row seats but they were $2500 each. These are not resale tickets, that’s the original price for those tickets.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Buying tickets has always been a not very nice experience for me.

I first went to see Queen in 1978. We queued all night for the ticket sale, and were about tenth in the queue. For this particular concert at Wembley Arena, the only place selling tickets was a place called Keith Prowse just off Oxford Street in London.

So, tenth in the queue, at the only place selling tickets, and I got tickets in block D, halfway back the floor. How the f*ck can, or does that happen?

Apparently, all the front three blocks were "allocated". That's like two and a half THOUSAND tickets, had been put aside for EMI employees, friends, family, and anyone else who was on a list. Bollocks!

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

I don’t like the whole ticket buying experience at all. It’s one of the main reasons why I don’t like large shows. It’s a pain in the ass to get tickets, they cost a fortune, and if you’re not in the first few rows you’re so far away.

It also get upset because I know most of the good seats go to people that can’t even name five songs by the artist they’re seeing.

Genesis are one of my all time favorites and I’ve only seen them once back in 1987. I’m sure this will be our last chance to see them so I decided to give it a shot.