Another American Female Singer Loves Freddie!!

Serious discussion about the band known as QUEEN.

Re: Another American Female Singer Loves Freddie!!

Postby Kamyu02 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:56 pm

lord of all darkness wrote:Sorry MAB, take a chill pill mate. If you don't like a thread, don't post in it.

Back to topic. Pink, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga. These 3 ladies have all had massive hits and have mentioned how Queen and Freddie have influenced them.

Muse have totally blown me away with their latest album. You can hear the big Queen sound. The single, 'madness' i think has echoes of IWTBF.

I think the point is, that because of the spectrum of Queen's different styles, they are always going to influence a wide range of musicians.

Indeed, it's absurd to think that the huge number of American bands who are influenced by Queen are embarrasing or whatever. I mean they were the last of the truly great bands to emerge, it's impossible they'd have influenced The Who or Bowie or John Coltrane. But they have certainly influenced most of the most successfull acts in the past 40 years, and also some of the best.

The list of acts influenced by Queen is something that older acts like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin or The Rolling Stones would kill to have, both in prestige and in quantity. At least certainly it's not like The Beatles, just to imagine being a fan and to think that some of the most renowned acts influenced by them are ELO and... Oasis, ugh.

Only The Who i'd say of course has influenced better acts, and that in part cause they formed in 1963 and of course they influenced the greateast band of all time.

Kamyu02
Spread Your Wings

Postby slightlymad1970 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:47 pm

Slightly off topic but recently found a famous American Male raving about Queen.

Award-winning actor Michael Chiklis reveals the 10 albums that inspired his other career... as a rock'n'roll singer. Long before he was "The Commish", or “Thing” in The Fantastic Four or most famously Detective Vic Mackey in The Shield (for which he won a Best Actor Emmy in 2002), Michael Chiklis was a drummer and singer – and an obsessed classic rock fan.

Queen – A Night at the Opera
In the ‘70s I got turned on to my favourite band. With Queen, it wasn’t just the things they were saying; it was the way they were saying them. They were probably the most unique-sounding group I’d ever heard. They were not only great musicians, but they were theatrical. I could name a handful of Queen albums as being favourites, but I have to choose A Night at the Opera because it's an utter masterpiece.

Picking Bohemian Rhapsody is just too easy. But a great rock‘n’roll tune that meant a lot in my life is I’m in Love With My Car – Roger Taylor, a singing drummer, was one of my absolute heroes. And then there’s Sweet Lady and The Prophet’s Song, which is epic. Seaside Rendezvous is delightful. You get so many sides to the band, and everything works.

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Postby slightlymad1970 » Wed May 31, 2017 5:40 pm

As The Dead Daisies prepare to kick off their mammoth Live & Louder tour, frontman John Corabi fills us in on the records that made him the man he is today...

Queen - A Night at the Opera (1975)
As far as something that really made me turn my head funny, I would have to say the Queen record, A Night at the Opera. You hear Bohemian Rhapsody for the first time and you go, “I don’t know what the singer is smoking, but this is genius on a whole other level.”

On a side note, if anybody gets the chance to see it, there is the series Classic Albums, and they do the A Night at the Opera record, and it’s broken down by Brian May, Roger Taylor, and Roy Thomas Baker. They go through pretty much every song, and one of them tells the story that Freddie Mercury took a vacation and went to Ibiza for a weekend, and then came home and handed them Bohemian Rhapsody completed. I’m like, “That’s musicality on a whole other level, and it’s just not fair.” And as a double asterisk, I can honestly say - without bragging - that I saw Queen five times with Freddie, back in the ‘70s, and it was just mind-blowing.

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Previous

Return to Killer Queen